VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

ok not Scottish football but on the England v Ivory Coast highlights, the interminable wait for a VAR decision is actually seen as part of the highlights.

There are so many problems with VAR, and as you say one is that it is now seen as star of the show. 

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Exactly this. Unfortunately, it's coming at some point and it will make the match day experience for the game attending fan even worse than it already is in Scotland. 

Agree, and mind there are a lot of supporters who leave early from various grounds, well before the final whistle. The time added for the charade that VAR has often become down south, if replicated here, may leave grounds near deserted by the point we reach the 115th minute in deepest November.

I'm thinking of organised supporters' groups like the Subway Loyal.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Agree, and mind there are a lot of supporters who leave early from various grounds, well before the final whistle. The time added for the charade that VAR has often become down south, if replicated here, may leave grounds near deserted by the point we reach the 115th minute in deepest November.

I'm thinking of organised supporters' groups like the Subway Loyal.

Aye, folk nae booking trains home until 8pm for a 3pm KO, just in case there are a few VAR calls. 

I've trained myself to look at the linesman straight away if there is any chance of offside for a goal but I can't think with VAR that it would be the case that I'd have any idea what a goal was chopped off for. I use the example of Jenks goal for Aberdeen against St Johnstone earlier in the season. How many people in the ground saw that it was a handball at the time (for what it's worth it was and would've been chopped off under VAR)? I've heard they'd use the advertising boards to communicate what's happening but at Pittodrie we only have them on the main stand side, so if in the main stand, you'd still have no idea what the goal was chopped off for. 

19 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I've heard they'd use the advertising boards to communicate what's happening but at Pittodrie we only have them on the main stand side, so if in the main stand, you'd still have no idea what the goal was chopped off for. 

That's not correct, in the Premier League they have stadium announcements for Anfield and Old Trafford where there's no big screens. 

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That's not correct, in the Premier League they have stadium announcements for Anfield and Old Trafford where there's no big screens. 

If it's just the stadium announcer that makes those announcements then ours is stood by the touchline with a clipboard. It'll be pish either way.