VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Quite a few, including my most recent. My point was not to stop criticising the VAR system, but to stop thinking that it will ever be binned. 

Don’t think anyone thinks they’ll bin it if we shout loud enough on P&B. 

24 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The strongest defenders of VAR seem to be defending how it's supposed to work as a concept rather than how it actually works in practice.

Yep, along with something about it just needing time to get used to.

As if it hasn't been used, badly, for years now.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sweden-wont-use-var-fa-29535654

“Even if it is formally a decision of the FA, they will listen to us and our clubs and the clubs will listen to their fans. The day we find VAR so well broken-in that it’s just a seamless help for referees to make better decisions, I think it will be implemented also in Sweden.

"But, so long as you haven’t solved the issue on how you can implement that technology so it doesn’t affect the game for the fans, then I think there will be quite a strong opposition to it for a long time. And with some merit. It’s an important issue to put on there.

"I think it is a shame that it has been so one-eyed to only support the referees. You have to support the referees AND the fans at the same time. If I speak to the most-hardened VAR opposer and say to them: How about goalline technology? Their answer will be, yes we can have that.”

Ho fucking ho. 

VAR in general gave penalties out like sweeties in a candy store, we got about 7 or 8, didn't do us much good right enough, we missed 5 or 6 of them. It has been less generous of late after the amount of hand balls it was giving, and even totally ignoring some blatant hand balls now.

On 24/03/2023 at 12:34, Miguel Sanchez said:

The strongest defenders of VAR seem to be defending how it's supposed to work as a concept rather than how it actually works in practice.

Would prob be great if there was no human involvement with the decisions, just program in the rules and an AI working it. But it doesn't work like that and officials are just as likely to fuckit up with VAR as they are without it.

Only now clubs are paying extra for the privilege of being fucked over by VAR officials.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

VAR in general gave penalties out like sweeties in a candy store, we got about 7 or 8, didn't do us much good right enough, we missed 5 or 6 of them. It has been less generous of late after the amount of hand balls it was giving, and even totally ignoring some blatant hand balls now.

I still don't think any of the pens in our game at your place were pens. 

Especially you see the ones rejected since.

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No one in the ground saw any of the three as penalties when each incident happened.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No one in the ground saw any of the three as penalties when each incident happened.

Aye nobody knew which way they were going to be given either, each time it was a few minutes later when the ball was down the other end of the pitch, and you thought that's where a hand ball had happened. Now they've swung the other way and are ignoring hand balls.

Apparently in the game between Dundee Utd and Celtic, when Kyogo was taken out by keeper, the ref incorrectly awarded Celtic a penalty and it went to VAR, Walker claiming he heard the var official say to the ref “our way out of this is to see if it is offside” he then spoke to head of Refs who said he would look into it. Nothing happened

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Apparently in the game between Dundee Utd and Celtic, when Kyogo was taken out by keeper, the ref incorrectly awarded Celtic a penalty and it went to VAR, Walker claiming he heard the var official say to the ref “our way out of this is to see if it is offside” he then spoke to head of Refs who said he would look into it. Nothing happened

Strange that they’d look for another reason to justify disallowing it rather than just ask the ref to review the decision and confirm they incorrectly awarded Celtic a penalty.

9 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

:lol: Celtic bloggers everywhere will be absolutely delighted. 

10 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Tells you the referees are scared to overturn decisions given to Celtic unless another incident happened prior to it -  I wouldn't know why though, Celtic fans are well known to be very understanding of the laws of the game, and take everything in their stride.