VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I often wonder just how many trophies Celtic would have won if the whole world wasn’t against them?

I doubt they would have mentioned it, they probably would have just continued with their "good charitable works" that they tend not to mention, always.

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Presently, the technology used isn't sufficient to give a definitive offside or not decision, it's a simple as that.

That's not untrue.

I understand why people dislike VAR but claiming it is somehow inaccurate is fundamentally false.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

You'll be providing that link for all to see then?

It's the 'That's not untrue' opening part I don't follow. And, yes, a link will follow, as I promised, for all to see, not just you.

I'll reiterate, cameras taking film at 50fps are not accurate for recording whether a player is offside or not. There are cameras available nowadays that film at 1,000,000fps, the point I'm making is the technology used presently is insufficient.

The best the human eye can usually manage is 60fps, therefore a 50fps camera, while allowing a human to re-watch an incident, isn't giving a more accurate view. It's just giving another opportunity to the referee(s).

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Good article, the video at the bottom reminds me of Hibs defence on Tuesday night...........

32 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Thanks, Vincent: I was looking for the paper Dr Pooya Soltani produced, as @Ric seems to be highly astute, but these articles may suffice for him.

Would there have this much controversy, or any come to think of it, if the goal that was disallowed  was for Ross County or Kilmarnock? The answer is no, by the way. And the b*st*rds won the bloody match. What would be happening now if Motherwell had equalised in the last minute? Armageddon probably.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Would there have this much controversy, or any come to think of it, if the goal that was disallowed  was for Ross County or Kilmarnock? The answer is no, by the way. And the b*st*rds won the bloody match. What would be happening now if Motherwell had equalised in the last minute? Armageddon probably.

Remember this escapade after another Celtic victory...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/28/dougie-mdconald-scottish-referee

13 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/28/dougie-mdconald-scottish-referee

Yeah I remember the Dundee United manager and Scotland assistant Manager at the time calling the referee a cheat, despite the penalty again them being reversed

Dundee United Manager -

"Dougie couldn't get his finger to the spot quickly enough. It's not the first he has given against us," said Houston.

"But then Dougie McDonald conspires to try to give a penalty against us.

“"Then it transpires that it is not a penalty. What has happened there? Is it the momentum taking Hooper over the goalkeeper?

24 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Aye, what is often lost on them is the fact is it wasn’t actually a penalty. And, the linesman at the match admitted afterwards he knew it shouldn’t have been a penalty but he never indicated this to McDonald. Guess what team the lino supported 😂 but they don’t like hearing that.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, what is often lost on them is the fact is it wasn’t actually a penalty. And, the linesman at the match admitted afterwards he knew it shouldn’t have been a penalty but he never indicated this to McDonald. Guess what team the lino supported 😂 but they don’t like hearing that.

The referee was punished for making things up 

Click

It has now been confirmed McDonald made up his own mind. "What he [McDonald] said wasn't the correct information, you can call it a lie if you wish," Stewart Regan, the SFA's chief executive, said. "The view of our committee was that he acted in the spur of the moment, he said something that he fully regretted.

"Dougie said things in the heat of the moment, they weren't true. He said things in the heat of the moment which he regrets entirely because they didn't fully explain the process involved."

14 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The referee was punished for making things up 

Click

It has now been confirmed McDonald made up his own mind. "What he [McDonald] said wasn't the correct information, you can call it a lie if you wish," Stewart Regan, the SFA's chief executive, said. "The view of our committee was that he acted in the spur of the moment, he said something that he fully regretted.

"Dougie said things in the heat of the moment, they weren't true. He said things in the heat of the moment which he regrets entirely because they didn't fully explain the process involved."

I’m not disputing he made something up, I’m just saying the fact that he (wrongly) arrived at the right decision and the linesman knew it wasn’t a penalty but said nothing to him is often overlooked.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not disputing he made something up, I’m just saying the fact that he (wrongly) arrived at the right decision and the linesman knew it wasn’t a penalty but said nothing to him is often overlooked.

Yet he lied 

It’s not some sort of mad conspiracy when the guy actually tells a lie