VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Can't go through life making up excuses for your not winning, get real

My observations make absolutely no  references or excuses for my team winning or losing.They do,  however, reflect my disenchantment with the inconsistencies that are becoming apparent from the introduction of VAR into our game in Scotland, which, unless I misread the header ,is the topic of this thread. 

And so it starts.
NOT HAPPY 

Celtic to seek SFA answers over Jota’s offside goal vs Motherwell as Hoops chiefs raise fears over faith in Var system

CELTIC are set to seek SFA clarification over Jota's controversial offside goal against Motherwell.

SunSport understands Parkhead chiefs have been left bemused at the VAR angle used for that decision at Fir Park on Wednesday night.

Motherwell chief executive Alan Burrows has confirmed on social media that cameras on BOTH 18-yard lines at Fir Park were operational.

But Celtic are now seeking answers as to why there was no image from the Motherwell half circulated via the broadcasting feed.

SunSport understands the VAR officials are 100 per cent certain Jota WAS offside - with the lines calbrated via the technology

Hoops chiefs believe faith in the VAR system could be undermined unless the reasons for all decisions are illustrated fully.

Celtic are expected to write to the SFA in the coming days looking for an explanation.

Chief executive Michael Nicholson previously contacted the governing body following Celtic's 4-3 win over Hearts last month.

The Hoops were baffled at the decision not to advise ref Nick Walsh to check a potential handball by Michael Smith

Victims gonna victim [emoji849]

9 hours ago, bennett said:

And so it starts.

NOT HAPPY 

Celtic to seek SFA answers over Jota’s offside goal vs Motherwell as Hoops chiefs raise fears over faith in Var system

CELTIC are set to seek SFA clarification over Jota's controversial offside goal against Motherwell.

SunSport understands Parkhead chiefs have been left bemused at the VAR angle used for that decision at Fir Park on Wednesday night.

Motherwell chief executive Alan Burrows has confirmed on social media that cameras on BOTH 18-yard lines at Fir Park were operational.

But Celtic are now seeking answers as to why there was no image from the Motherwell half circulated via the broadcasting feed.

SunSport understands the VAR officials are 100 per cent certain Jota WAS offside - with the lines calbrated via the technology

Hoops chiefs believe faith in the VAR system could be undermined unless the reasons for all decisions are illustrated fully.

Celtic are expected to write to the SFA in the coming days looking for an explanation.

Chief executive Michael Nicholson previously contacted the governing body following Celtic's 4-3 win over Hearts last month.

The Hoops were baffled at the decision not to advise ref Nick Walsh to check a potential handball by Michael Smith

He was clearly offside at the point of the pass being made regardless of the angle of VAR used.

A strange hill to die on.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

And so it starts.

NOT HAPPY 

Any article that uses the phrase "The Hoops" so many times needs to be completely ignored.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

And so it starts.

NOT HAPPY 

They're not going to concede the victimhood title easily. Rangers need to up their game, possibly with a statement. 

To be honest, until I found out the reason that the Jota offside VAR decision in our game used a weird camera angle was that the "best" camera was filming the managers at the time - I hadn't really thought about the conflict of using the same cameras for TV and for VAR simultaneously. 

I would imagine that in bigger leagues with large numbers of cameras in operation, it isn't really an issue - but with our budget version, there must be a lot of conflict between the two uses and the effectiveness of the system must be a bit questionable as a result.

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

To be honest, until I found out the reason that the Jota offside VAR decision in our game used a weird camera angle was that the "best" camera was filming the managers at the time - I hadn't really thought about the conflict of using the same cameras for TV and for VAR simultaneously. 

I would imagine that in bigger leagues with large numbers of cameras in operation, it isn't really an issue - but with our budget version, there must be a lot of conflict between the two uses and the effectiveness of the system must be a bit questionable as a result.

I dont think this really matters, there are 6 cameras minimum round the stadium, inc one on each 18 yard line and one behind each goal.

The software uses the available pictures to render the on/offside lines we see on the tv.

Burrows has already said that both 18 yard cameras were operational. On the radio this am they suggested there was some human error involved. 

My guess (and its pure speculation) is that the human error involved showing that still photo from that particular camera (clearly not the best angle) as opposed to the correctness of the decision, which could have used the other cameras.

12 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont think this really matters, there are 6 cameras minimum round the stadium, inc one on each 18 yard line and one behind each goal.

The software uses the available pictures to render the on/offside lines we see on the tv.

Burrows has already said that both 18 yard cameras were operational. On the radio this am they suggested there was some human error involved. 

My guess (and its pure speculation) is that the human error involved showing that still photo from that particular camera (clearly not the best angle) as opposed to the correctness of the decision, which could have used the other cameras.

I think you're spot on with that last para.  

I think the decision was 100% correct - the photo in the Daily Record leaves no room for doubt Jota was offside but the other photos I've seen are less obvious.  I have no idea why the "wrong" photo has been publicised and that mistake has opened the door a crack for Celtic to call into question not just the decision in itself but the VAR system in general.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have no idea why the "wrong" photo has been publicised and that mistake has opened the door a crack for Celtic to call into question not just the decision in itself but the VAR system in general.

Really? Pretty obvious why.