VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/05/2022 at 01:02, Lionsof67 said:

There's no way our officials are competent enough to get this system right.

No officials are competent. Championship play-off final down south (so fairly big game) just saw a boy booked for a dive in the box. VAR takes a look at it and waves it on. You’d have to be blind to not see it was a penalty and yet…

I’m actually looking forward to how much of a rip roaring c**t our officials are going to make of VAR. It’s going to be box office. 

Did anyone see the game from VARs first season in Serie A, where a player went through on goal and was blatantly brought down in the box. The referee waves play on as the players go absolutely ape shit, the other team hoof the ball up the pitch and it breaks to the striker who goes round the keeper and slots it in to an empty net. The players celebrate for a bit before the teams set up for kick off again, but the referee delays it for a few minutes before being told to go and look at the screen for the original penalty claim. It’s as blatant as they come so he has to disallow the goal and go back and give the penalty :lol: That’s the sort of stuff I’m expecting from our officials next year.  

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

No officials are competent. Championship play-off final down south (so fairly big game) just saw a boy booked for a dive in the box. VAR takes a look at it and waves it on. You’d have to be blind to not see it was a penalty and yet…

Away! The guy completely and blatantly dived! The defender took his leg back out the way, and there was daylight between them.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Were you on VAR? 🙈

Nope. I have no time for VAR, and am in no way sticking up for English officials, but that was correct by both ref and VAR. I thought it was a penalty at first look too.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Away! The guy completely and blatantly dived! The defender took his leg back out the way, and there was daylight between them.

This is the problem. Folk are blind. 
Seriously mate, away see an optician.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nope. I have no time for VAR, and am in no way sticking up for English officials, but that was correct by both ref and VAR. I thought it was a penalty at first look too.

Did you just miss the Forest player kicking the Huddersfield player's foot? Unless somehow running at full speed you can move you knee inward.

50s in shows the clear contact and obvious error from Jon Moss

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did you just miss the Forest player kicking the Huddersfield player's foot? Unless somehow running at full speed you can move you knee inward.

50s in shows the clear contact and obvious error from Jon Moss

50s in! You mean where he flicks his foot back and kicks his own leg? You're at it. Please stop watching football, it's not for you.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So you are saying the players lifted his boot and kicked himself instead of not lifting his boot and just getting kicked :1eye

Shrug. He flicks his leg out the way, it's not a penalty. If that upsets you, then there's no point continuing this conversation. Good day.

I detest VAR but there is nothing to show that the ref got it obviously wrong.
I'd also point out that IF there's contact it's minimal and he really could have stayed on his feet. It was a dive or he made a meal of it. VAR, and more importantly for my hatred of VAR, the ref got it correct.

ETA Watching Colbeck's reaction, probably a penalty

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I detest VAR but there is nothing to show that the ref got it obviously wrong.
I'd also point out that IF there's contact it's minimal and he really could have stayed on his feet. It was a dive or he made a meal of it. VAR, and more importantly for my hatred of VAR, the ref got it correct.

ETA Watching Colbeck's reaction, probably a penalty

I thought from one angle the boy played for it and seemed to be going down before contact and then from a different angle it looked like he was just cutting in and only looked off balance which made it look like he was going down. So from that if the ref had given it, I doubt the VAR would have overturned either. 

I think/ hope VAR is for things like this at 1:20 and not decisions that could either way. 

Edited by Torfason

I’ve watched that incident loads of times from the different angles and can’t decide if I think it’s a foul or not. In a normal game it would happen in the moment ref makes the 50/50 call and everyone argues about it afterward.

Now you get five mins of delay while having no clue what’s going on, then ref makes the 50/50 call. Then everyone still argues about it afterward. Complete nonsense.

It isn’t even like it’s a rare occurrence, exact same 50/50/could go either way call happened in the champions league final and in most games because football is such a great fast flowing game. Which suits are trying to ruin. Modern football is being tear gassed by UEFA then having to sit in silence for 5 minutes during the biggest game of the season while some p***k in a room is practically flipping a coin to decide if a goal should stand.

Heads gone, as it is every time I think about the fact we will have to endure this from next winter [emoji1304]