VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The only way VAR is acceptable is if the replays the referees are looking at are also being shown to the fans inside the ground. Aside from the issue that football generally chooses not to do this anyway, most of our grounds don't have screens in order to do so. Therefore it can't be introduced.

Talk for yourself.  We are blockbuster ;)

Unless I’m mistaken (highly likely) VAR in Scotland highlights all that’s wrong with our structure. In order to get it in (and it should be fucked in the sea and nuked before being fired into the sun) 75% of Premiership clubs, 75% of championship clubs and 75% of league 1&2 cumulatively have to agree. Why? Premiership fair enough championship at a big stretch but league 1&2? They’re never getting it, most likely never progressing to be involved in its use so why are they being asked? This highlights to me exactly why we’re mired in the proverbial mud and going nowhere fast.

58 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Can VAR decisions going against any Celtc or *** fans be like Noels house party when they are sitting on the couch and see their reaction?  It could be sponsored by some as rage of the day.  make loads. 

Will there be gunge dropping onto them too?

Unless I’m mistaken (highly likely) VAR in Scotland highlights all that’s wrong with our structure. In order to get it in (and it should be fucked in the sea and nuked before being fired into the sun) 75% of Premiership clubs, 75% of championship clubs and 75% of league 1&2 cumulatively have to agree. Why? Premiership fair enough championship at a big stretch but league 1&2? They’re never getting it, most likely never progressing to be involved in its use so why are they being asked? This highlights to me exactly why we’re mired in the proverbial mud and going nowhere fast.

It will be used in cup games I would think.

33 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Because we have promotion and relegation. 

On 05/04/2022 at 16:10, Ludo*1 said:

We shouldn't be basing the whole tech on how disastrously England have implemented it.

But we will. You just know they will. It'll be fuckin shit! 

If they're going to do it, and they shouldn't, then micing it up should be one of the compromises.

As much as anything else, a mic in the mix would probably cut down on the back-chat and general neddy behaviour from footballers to referees.

But the crowd should be in on what's happening.

VAR was trialled at the Hearts v Aberdeen Under 18s match at the Oriam yesterday. VAR upheld a penalty decision in favour of Hearts, so that makes me maintain my stance that it should have no place in Scottish football.

Saw some abhorrent VAR today. 

Werder Bremen left back Agu, punches the ball between the St Pauli player's legs, Bremen eventually score.  They do the check and rule no handball

Watching English football today and the seemingly important City-Liverpool match. The instant response from the commentators to 2 of the 4 goals so far is to wonder whether they were offside and might get ruled out, with the players only half celebrating. A farce, the VAR and end of instant goal calls just takes over everything.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The people most keen on VAR are usually the ones with the least emotional investment in the teams involved.

No stats to back this up whatsoever, but I would think that the majority of folk who actually attend matches will be against VAR coming in to our game.

BBC reports VAR payments will increase the higher up the league you finish.

Screenshot_20220411-075528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5205da8d33b8ba6ab10b9a6c0dacbb73.jpg

The financial gap simply widens between the top two who earn £10m+ through qualifying for European Groups and make negligible payments, for them, to find VAR, while the rest have a chunk of prize money taken off them for the privilege.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

BBC reports VAR payments will increase the higher up the league you finish.

Screenshot_20220411-075528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5205da8d33b8ba6ab10b9a6c0dacbb73.jpg

The financial gap simply widens between the top two who earn £10m+ through qualifying for European Groups and make negligible payments, for them, to find VAR, while the rest have a chunk of prize money taken off them for the privilege.

Is that the same figures for the awarding of prize money at present?  If so does that mean that each club contributes an equal percentage of their winnings to VAR.