VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think grounds will have enough camera angles to make VAR all so worth it.

sure main cameras can cover a good bit. VAR is a farce in general and I dunno if it will be worth it while the camera angles are limited.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think grounds will have enough camera angles to make VAR all so worth it.

sure main cameras can cover a good bit. VAR is a farce in general and I dunno if it will be worth it while the camera angles are limited.

This was my thought. Heaven forfend a smaller club makes a cup run - would they have the means to host the technology?

This aside from the fact VAR is awful regardless of how it's implemented.

25 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'll be for it on the condition the VAR panel is made up of regular callers to super scoreboard live.

I was going to suggest a review panel consisting of small town taxi drivers as Super scoreboard would have a heavy glasgow bias.

My issue is not necessarily about it being introduced, but the cost it would incur. It's not going to stop people complaining about referees, or decisions in general.

One positive though, I suppose, is it would catch out Porteous when he's diving to win a penalty.

Just sent over an email to Hibs’ Fans Rep to pass this on.

Don’t expect this to make a difference because the SFA will do it anyway but doing everything we can to make it clear as supporters that we don’t want it is all we can do.

I would also vote in this, although it’s ran by a fanny it’s a supporters organisation that’ll be quoted for soundbites if it goes the wrong way.

Edited by Les Cabbage

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Chuckling at the lads who think obvious dives would be punished. Away and look at the VAR penalty Real Madrid got the other day.

We dont have the cash for this - we probably struggle to pay Webbs consultation fee..........

Would work if it didn't mean a massive delay before getting a goal decision. If it is the think lines for offside, I wouldn't want it.

I think rightly or wrongly, there is a perception in Scotland that our refs are either no good or too easily influenced, do if it can guarantee a more level playing field, could be a good thing.

I'd make a condition that no scortish ref should do the VAR check and it should be someone remote from Scotland as would become very toxic very quickly. Would also have to be a set number of cameras used. Eg if only 3 camera's used at Almondvale, can only be 3 angles everywhere else. 

Also worth noting, the SFA will be getting pressure from UEFA to do this. They will not want games one week 1 week in Europe with VAR then none domestically and then back to VAR etc. They will want consistency. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Just to be clear, I am 100% against putting a VAR into Scottish football. However, one of the reasons that the cost is so high is for the technology required. All grounds would require the same amount of cameras, covering most possible angles, so to suggest that a VAR would come into Scottish football with the existing number of cameras is an absolute non-starter.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just to be clear, I am 100% against putting a VAR into Scottish football. However, one of the reasons that the cost is so high is for the technology required. All grounds would require the same amount of cameras, covering most possible angles, so to suggest that a VAR would come into Scottish football with the existing number of cameras is an absolute non-starter.

Aye that's my point

Edited by Busta Nut

All teams except one will sign up for this, that remaining team will claim that the deal is not good enough and they had a previous agreement for Shuggy, who normally works in the Louden Tavern along the road, to video the game with his iPhone and they can't go back on that contract.