Peterhead v Dumbarton

We've been absolutely garbage so far. We're not coping with the conditions. Every pass or cross seems to be misjudged. Wilson looks vulnerable with players running at him and the Peterhead goal started with an attack down our left that we didnt deal with. We're better than we've shown so far. Very disappointing performance from Dumbarton. Fair play to Peterhead - closing down well and just not giving us any time to look and pick the right pass.

I actually can't remember a single shot we've had this half. Corners in particular have been criminal. I think we put 4 corners out for goal kicks! Aim for the edge of the box it's not rocket science!

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We're the better team. The conditions are making it difficult, though and we need to stop overhitting everything.

Decent commentary team btw, not too biased.

I cant agree that we're the better team. We've probably had more of the ball but we've not really troubled Peterhead. They've done well to limit what we can actually do with our possession. They're closing down really well and we're having to try and play passes that aren't finding their targets. Final 3rd of the park we've been garbage and we're playing into the wind in the 2nd half. We need to learn - ball on the deck and early crosses low and across the face of the 6 yard box. Whip them in and look to get a touch on the ball or maybe a deflection. 

I thought that first half was horrific. Conditions were brutal but we have to try and deal with them/take advantage of them. We barely attempted an effort on goal despite having a gale force wind behind us.

Wee wilson looks miles off it today unfortunately and the goal stemmed from him cheaply losing possession and making a half hearted attempt at fouling the Peterhead player. 

A massive improvement required in the second half which I’m not convinced will happen with that wind in our faces.

I'm convinced that half solely consisted of a goal, followed by 44 minutes of Brett Long taking goal kicks.

We've had a decent amount of the ball and are moving it about well enough. But we're not getting anywhere enough decent deliveries into the middle. I'd like to see Wilson having a real go at his man, not just passing it back and keeping the ball.

The wind is killing any chance of this being a spectacle. If we can snatch a draw then I'll be chuffed with that.

Game over. Peterhead could bag a few more if they're in the mood.

Started the first half poorly and it's 1-0 early on. Start the 2nd half poorly and it's 2-0 and game over. The difference between our balls into the box and the Peterhead ball dropping nicely on the 6 yard line is unacceptable. We've absolutely fucked this. Shocking performance from Dumbarton.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

McGeever at fault for the opener. As poor as the build up was from our viewpoint, he actively gets out the way of the initial shot. Can't deal with the cross and we lose the 3rd. That's not even amateur defending. We've been garbage today.

Aye perhaps, but the conditions have made a game of football impossible.  By dint of it being their home fixture Peterhead are probably much more used to playing in gales, but on the evidence of the first 50 minutes even their most ardent fan would be hard pressed to claim 3-0 is a fair reflection of the play.

We just need to accept it and move on, I wouldn't read a massive amount into what has been a farce at times.