Peterhead v Dumbarton

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Have Peterhead just been unlucky so far or are you guys not playing well? 

Inconsistency, mostly. Can play well at times but can't even keep it going for 90 minutes.

Giving away 5 penalties in 5 successive league games hasn't helped. 🙈

2 hours ago, blueone said:

Inconsistency, mostly. Can play well at times but can't even keep it going for 90 minutes.

Giving away 5 penalties in 5 successive league games hasn't helped. 🙈

I wouldn't worry about that. We don't get many penalties. I was looking into it the other day (after noticing how many Montrose have had this season). 

They have had nine. You have to go back to November 2017 for us to have nine penalties...Then again that probably does mean we are due one. Not that we have a very good record.

Ross Forbes - East Fife (H) - April 2021 - Miss
Isaac Layne - East Fife (A) - September 2020 - Goal
Joe McKee - Falkirk (A) - August 2020 - Miss
Ross Forbes - Arbroath (H) - March 2019 - Goal
Ross Forbes - Stenhousemuir (H) - November 2018 - Goal
Ross Forbes - Montrose (H) - September 2018 - Goal
Calum Gallagher - Forfar Athletic (H) - August 2018 - Miss
Kevin Nisbet - QOS (H) - March 2018 - Miss
Tom Walsh - Raith Rovers (H) - November 2017 - Miss (the referee actually disallowed a Sons goal to award us that penalty. Which we then missed).

Pest losing McKee again. First Covid, then injury and now illness. He's just had no luck at all. Paton's ability to play three games then miss six weeks is a concern too. Although we are well stocked with midfield players. I'd hope to see Chucky MacLean in for McKee in our only change.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I wouldn't worry about that. We don't get many penalties. I was looking into it the other day (after noticing how many Montrose have had this season). 

They have had nine. You have to go back to November 2017 for us to have nine penalties...Then again that probably does mean we are due one. Not that we have a very good record.

Ross Forbes - East Fife (H) - April 2021 - Miss
Isaac Layne - East Fife (A) - September 2020 - Goal
Joe McKee - Falkirk (A) - August 2020 - Miss
Ross Forbes - Arbroath (H) - March 2019 - Goal
Ross Forbes - Stenhousemuir (H) - November 2018 - Goal
Ross Forbes - Montrose (H) - September 2018 - Goal
Calum Gallagher - Forfar Athletic (H) - August 2018 - Miss
Kevin Nisbet - QOS (H) - March 2018 - Miss
Tom Walsh - Raith Rovers (H) - November 2017 - Miss (the referee actually disallowed a Sons goal to award us that penalty. Which we then missed).

Pest losing McKee again. First Covid, then injury and now illness. He's just had no luck at all. Paton's ability to play three games then miss six weeks is a concern too. Although we are well stocked with midfield players. I'd hope to see Chucky MacLean in for McKee in our only change.

To be honest I've not been massively impressed by Joe's input over the last couple of games, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

McLean starting tomorrow should provide more of a cutting edge - I just hope we have a real go.

Bookies doing weird things again this weekend.

Peterhead are 11/10 to win tomorrow. Dumbarton are 19/10. 2nd top v 2nd bottom (admittedly an away game for us) and we're nearly 2/1 whilst Peterhead are nearly evens.

2-1 Dumbarton is 10/1 right now.

2-0 is 14/1.

Those 2 are worth a fiver of anybody's money.

I'd be comfortable with McLean and Orsi starting up front tomorrow and the 2 wide options being Wilson and somebody else. Either Duthie or Hopkirk.

The bookies still think Duffy is in charge I think. I've only been brave enough to take us against Clyde and East Fife though, avoiding this tomorrow just because Peterhead isn't usually a happy place for us to go. Hopkirk not done enough in his appearances to earn a start for me, Duthie has been good and I think offers more defensively too. 

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Duthie is like a whole different player since the summer. Love his dogged approach. 

I'd take a point right now. Back down the road with no injuries and onto a cracking match at home to Queens Park please

I wouldn't.

2nd top v 2nd bottom. I'd be looking for all 3. Draw obviously better than losing, but I think this is winnable.

Bookies doing weird things again this weekend.
Peterhead are 11/10 to win tomorrow. Dumbarton are 19/10. 2nd top v 2nd bottom (admittedly an away game for us) and we're nearly 2/1 whilst Peterhead are nearly evens.
2-1 Dumbarton is 10/1 right now.
2-0 is 14/1.
Those 2 are worth a fiver of anybody's money.

I'd be comfortable with McLean and Orsi starting up front tomorrow and the 2 wide options being Wilson and somebody else. Either Duthie or Hopkirk.
And to add to the above crazy prices, Ross MacLean is 14/1 for first scorer with McBookie.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk