Freefall FC v Dowds old team

I get the feeling Sheerin knew the fans were clamouring for change, so he made some.

Not the ones we wanted, however.

Lemon back in was a positive. Change in keeper wasn't a big deal, what we wanted was two up front, which happened at half time and we improved after that, and to start Krasniqi, who came on as a late sub and didn't do much.

Did Sheerin have a go at fans in the South stand after the final whistle?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

That first half was the worst 45 minutes of football I have ever watched.  

please please stop playing out from the back when our played can’t pass it two yards.  I know we’re trying to draw out the opposition, but we aren’t capable of passing under pressure.

23 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

I get the feeling Sheerin knew the fans were clamouring for change, so he made some.

Not the ones we wanted, however.

Lemon back in was a positive. Change in keeper wasn't a big deal, what we wanted was two up front, which happened at half time and we improved after that, and to start Krasniqi, who came on as a late sub and didn't do much.

Did Sheerin have a go at fans in the South stand after the final whistle?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Not quite sure what went on - he came across and was speaking to a few of them but no idea why.

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

That first half was the worst 45 minutes of football I have ever watched.  

please please stop playing out from the back when our played can’t pass it two yards.  I know we’re trying to draw out the opposition, but we aren’t capable of passing under pressure.

That 1st half was, without doubt, unequivocally, the worst half of football I have witnessed a Falkirk side 'produce' in over 45 years of watching them.

It had relegation to the bottom division written all over it.

That they weren't 4 down at the interval was purely down to the saves Martin pulled off.

The change at the half, certainly made a difference. But it was still a long way off being acceptable & of a standard that would see play off/promotion contention.

To think we got stiffed by QP the other week.  I left feeling we'd pretty much stolen the points today & I'm sure there would be a few Fifers heading back over the bridge wondering how they left with nothing.

First trip to the Falkirk stadium today. Great touch letting under 12s in for free, kudos for that.

Strange that the home support seemed to be booing your own goalkeeper in the first half? I know he's not first choice, but that can't help his confidence.

Hard we didn't take anything from the game today, but as everyone said on here, you'll get a win against us. Great finish for the equaliser & the whole place seemed to get a huge lift from it.

Sadly, it looks like the nearest we'll get to your neck of the woods next season will be Stenhousemuir!

23 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The Falkirk number 10 was the difference between the two sides. 

East Fife played well. Newton, Steel and Millar put in a great shift. 

Whilst Nesbitt was pretty much a stand out in a sea of shit. Our keeper, Martin, pretty much kept us in the game, with 3 saves first half & a top drawer one in the 2nd to keep all the points.

Irrespective of how poor we were, I thought East Fife were half decent given their league position.

It would be good if all refs booked the goalkeeper at the first piece of time wasting, as happened today.

Definitely made a difference from there on in. 
Hoping this is a new directive for officials as you seldom see a booking for it.

First trip to the Falkirk stadium today. Great touch letting under 12s in for free, kudos for that.
Strange that the home support seemed to be booing your own goalkeeper in the first half? I know he's not first choice, but that can't help his confidence.
Hard we didn't take anything from the game today, but as everyone said on here, you'll get a win against us. Great finish for the equaliser & the whole place seemed to get a huge lift from it.
Sadly, it looks like the nearest we'll get to your neck of the woods next season will be Stenhousemuir!

I think the booing was more for the constant passes back to him instead of playing anything progressive. Don't think the Falkirk fans have seen enough of Martin to be booing him specifically.

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Thought we were unlucky today. No idea was that because we were better  today or because Falkirk were  as poor as many of their fans are saying. If Kevs shot had gone in before HT it may of been a different result.

Thought Keena made a huge difference to Falkrk,.His introduction created real challenges to our defence for the first time. 

Anyway feels relegation is getting ever closer….. 

Absolutely stinking first half from us, East Fife could have been out of sight had it not been for Martin keeping us in it. Second half changed the formation and suddenly looked a lot more dangerous, great strike by Ruth and good headed finish by Keena. Chances at either end thereafter with East Fife unlucky with one off the woodwork. A much needed 3 points for us but overall still a very poor performance, East Fife didn't look like a side rooted at the bottom of the league and could and probably should have taken something. Bizarre scenes at the end with Sheerin and the fans. I'm still not convinced he's up to the job but he's probably bought himself some time with the win otherwise he'd be staring down the barrel.

15 hours ago, Oscar P said:

Irrespective of how poor we were, I thought East Fife were half decent given their league position.

Our starting formation makes it easy for teams to play against and that's been shown weekly now. East Fife have ripped a few arseholes recently and they were clearly the best team 1st half. We change our formation and shock of all shocks the tables were turned

I think everyone agrees that the 1st half was possibly as bad as we've been so far this season but the 2nd half was a great improvement due largely to the formation change. Having said that I thought that EF were quite good, much better than I expected TBH.

Surely to f**k Sheerin's got to realise that we're much much better with two up front. Ruth's a different player when Keena's beside him as the two hulking defenders (generally speaking) that he's up against have someone else to worry about. We don't look far away at all when we've got the likes of Nesbitt, McDaid, Telfer, Keena and Ruth running at defences and I feel that the latter two could form a right good striking partnership. Ruth's goal was a cracker. 

I thought that Hetherington gave his best performance for us, second half anyway. He was breaking moves up and actually found some Falkirk players with passes! I'd still prefer Krasniqi in there, but that's not going to happen.

The defence was the biggest concern on Saturday. Lemon did OK but the rest were brutal, a more clinical team would certainly have scored more on the day. I can only assume that Dixon's still suffering the after effects of his head knock because he's well off it at the moment. 

Airdrie are probably one of the better sides in the league so I hold on to the hope that he won't react to that and revert to one up front again. Let them worry about us Paul, not the other way around!