Killie vs Raith Rovers

Not sure of the exact rule, but assumed that if it’s a passback then you’re not allowed any kind of contact with your hands?

In association football, the back-pass rule prohibits the goalkeeper from handling the ball in most cases when it is passed to them by a team-mate. It is described in Law 12, Section 2 of the Laws of the Game.

Must not be allowed to touch with his hands at all. Because i’m sure there was one with de gea and he saved it the same way and an indirect free kick was given. I always thought it was just picking it up, but you could save it the way macdonald did.

I think LeeAnn Crichton is decent giving analysis of the games at half-time and full-time, however today I had to make do with open all mics and she had no Idea who had scored our first goal, but would ' try to find out'.

Female pundits are no different to male pundits - the quality is variable to say the least.

The girl who does the co-commentary on Ayr United's channel certainly knows her stuff, whereas the one on the BBC who I think used to be the Scotland woman's manager is John Hartson and Alex Rae levels of wooden.

Edited by Specky Ginger

35 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Female pundits are no different to male pundits - the quality is variable to say the least.

Totally agree on the quality. The main difference is the level of criticism and abuse they receive on social media, especially if they dare make a mistake. Inept or lazy male pundits get a far freer ride and a fraction of the criticism.

Anyway, off-topic from the main discussion point from yesterday: Berra > Murray 

Edited by roverthemoon

Such a frustrating game that one. I genuinely cannot remember rovers having any chances, bar their 3 goal, and yet we got scudded 3-1. 

We are just far, far too static in every aspect. As tidy as McGinn and Alston may be on the ball in the middle, there is very little urgency from them to ever get a quick move going. Feels like we always have all of the ball in games but do absolutely nothing with it. 

I have been incredibly disappointed in Jason Naismith too. I always thought he was quite a rampaging full back but he's the absolute opposite on the ball. He always wants to stop and turn and play it back and just kills every single attack stone dead. Off the ball he does attack the back post well sometimes, to be fair to him. 

Hendry looked good from his cameo. Was a weird one that Armstrong was stripped and ready to come on and then we equalised and Wright told him to go and sit down. Made no sense. Nae wonder he doesn't get a game though, that third goal was pathetic - I genuinely still cannot work out how a wee rapid winger who's just came on could not catch a full back who's been playing the entire game. I'll need to see it back but it honestly felt as though Armstrong was running in quicksand trying to catch him. 

A poor day. 

Armstrong should be an amazing addition for Killie but again he's jumped ship from us for a club who can offer him more and he's ended up going from being a mainstay to a fringe player. We offered him a new deal and with 3 games to go he was talking about how he was loving football under us and how we had a tremendous dressing room. He's now in a position where he'll need to work hard to earn his place.

As it stands, if Killie do kick on and win the league and he's not established himself, he'll be back to square one. He's at a time in his career where he really needs to be getting as much game time as possible. The killie fans won't be nearly as patient as our support if he has an off day as they haven't seen him at his peak.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dan Armstrong running in a dream at the third. Tumilty must be the fittest player in the league.
Didn't realise at the time, but Tumilty was the furthest up the park at the first goal too. He's been a revelation of a signing. Need him tied down on a longer deal.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Didn't realise at the time, but Tumilty was the furthest up the park at the first goal too. He's been a revelation of a signing. Need him tied down on a longer deal.

Was he not another one who we were told was pish by the Morton fans? We really need to keep signing these pish players from the rest. Nisbert, Zanatta, Berra, MacDonald and Tumilty are just woeful 😂

34 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Such a frustrating game that one. I genuinely cannot remember rovers having any chances, bar their 3 goal, and yet we got scudded 3-1. 

We are just far, far too static in every aspect. As tidy as McGinn and Alston may be on the ball in the middle, there is very little urgency from them to ever get a quick move going. Feels like we always have all of the ball in games but do absolutely nothing with it. 

I have been incredibly disappointed in Jason Naismith too. I always thought he was quite a rampaging full back but he's the absolute opposite on the ball. He always wants to stop and turn and play it back and just kills every single attack stone dead. Off the ball he does attack the back post well sometimes, to be fair to him. 

Hendry looked good from his cameo. Was a weird one that Armstrong was stripped and ready to come on and then we equalised and Wright told him to go and sit down. Made no sense. Nae wonder he doesn't get a game though, that third goal was pathetic - I genuinely still cannot work out how a wee rapid winger who's just came on could not catch a full back who's been playing the entire game. I'll need to see it back but it honestly felt as though Armstrong was running in quicksand trying to catch him. 

A poor day. 

We only need 2 chances to beat your mob sunshine

33 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I really don't want to sound like John Hughes,  but thats down to desire from Tumilty.

Aye,if only Hughes had a team of guid 'oanest laddies like Tumilty when he was in charge of the Rovers.

In saying that, Tumilty failed to do the Fun Dam Entals at the Pars goal on Wednesday.

Edited by Specky Ginger

Well done Raith, fully deserved. Great run for the 3rd. As for Killie we were one paced and one dimensional. No plan B and lacking creativity. Tommy Wright left it too late to bring on subs and our formation wasn't working. Improvement needed from both players and manager.

One of those days where I'm gutted I couldn't be there. A fantastic result. 

I think the most pleasing aspect of the highlights is our second goal. Slight touch of fortune with the Killie defender not dealing with Macdonald's kick out, but the instinct and reactions from Poplatnik are excellent - a proper poacher's goal, that one, and something we've been badly missing up front. Varian is doing a decent job under very tough circumstances but I do think he's sometimes five yards behind where he should be and hasn't quite yet developed the instinct that Poplatnik showed there. More of this, please. 

The third goal is great too - phenomenal energy from Tumilty at that point in the game and puts it right on a plate for Poplatnik. Great counter attack, topped off by some top quality booing from the home support. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Totally agree regarding Naismith. It’s early days of course but some people were hinting that he was better than SOD in the summer. O’Donnell wasn’t Cafu (excluding January 2018 to May 2019) but JN isn’t close to him at all in terms of what he brings to the team. I don’t think he looks fit to be honest with you and I was almost about to criticize him for not overlapping Burke before the cross for the equalizer.

Scott Robinson is another who did nothing yesterday.

Finally - if you end up with Rory McKenzie on one wing and/or Alston on the other wing at any point during a 90 mins then you’ve got your squad wrong.

Re that passback. What's the script if the opposition aren't able to retreat 10 yards e.g. us yesterday? The commentary team weren't happy it wasn't 10 yards but we couldn't go any further back. 

If it's within 10 yards then you have to stand on your line. I was laughing at the commentator saying that, but what he obviously meant was that your players had advanced off the line by the time it was taken.