Killie vs Raith Rovers

Strange how folk accept the biggest load of dross male commentators and pundits that Scottish football regularly throws up, but a female dares commentate or summarise and there’s criticism. Christ, we’ve suffered Chic Young for 20 years. No one is worse than that 

Strange how folk accept the biggest load of dross male commentators and pundits that Scottish football regularly throws up, but a female dares commentate or summarise and there’s criticism. Christ, we’ve suffered Chic Young for 20 years. No one is worse than that 
There's a whole thread on the Premiership forum of people calling out shite pundits, the idea that they are accepted and Crichton is the only one criticised is nonsense. There are obviously some people coming at it from a sexist viewpoint like the guy earlier in the thread, but most people just want and expect a higher standard than what is offered.

Don’t think we can complain too much that he gave us a bit of abuse when we were singing he’s a sex offender [emoji23]. Dan Armstrong getting boo’d was a bit harsh he’s never even played for the Townies but I did enjoy Tumilty showing him a clean pair of heels for the 3rd. . 
Armstrong was on loan at the pars before he came to us.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
51 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

There's a whole thread on the Premiership forum of people calling out shite pundits, the idea that they are accepted and Crichton is the only one criticised is nonsense. There are obviously some people coming at it from a sexist viewpoint like the guy earlier in the thread, but most people just want and expect a higher standard than what is offered.

Support a Championship club, so don’t frequent the Premiership forum.  From experience, I’d hazard a guess that most folk ARE coming at it from a sexist viewpoint. Leanne Crichton is a perfectly decent pundit based on what I’ve seen of her on the Championship live games. She’s done her research, watched teams, gets the game.  If you think she’s not up to scratch them that’s your opinion, but I think she’s a definite asset. 

Edited by roverthemoon

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

She’s excellent on the TV coverage. Far more knowledgeable and insightful about the game than the likes of Michael Stewart. Only heard her doing the full time report on the radio today. Perfectly fine. Even had a laugh at herself and admitted she had misidentified one of the scorers. 

It wasn't just her, the guy on Sportscene said Killie's equaliser was scored by "David Polworth" 

😖

3 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

It wasn't just her, the guy on Sportscene said Killie's equaliser was scored by "David Polworth" 

😖

Folk make mistakes. It’s inevitable.  Look at Chris Kamara. He’s loved for not having a clue what was happening. I had to check online who had scored our first goal. Didn’t have a clue.

Edited by roverthemoon

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Okay, fair dos , but seriously can you watch 90 minutes of woman’s football? Out with a perversion nature.

I started watching the Scotland v Faroe game .Ive seen plenty other womans football but i must admit to being hooked on this as Scotland were totally pumping the Islanders.. Doubt ive seen a more one  sided game in my life... Not sure if im perverse or a glory hunter , ANYHOW , good luck to them..

On 01/10/2021 at 23:14, Jack_Jarvis said:

Used to have some great days at games v Raith, got friendly with a group of Rovers fans who came down to The Kadikoi Bar each game, we stayed late in Kirkcaldy when we were away. Only two names I can remember now were Kevin and Mungus, they went everywhere with Raith in those days so some people will no doubt know them. If so pass on our regards, but hopefully a Killie victory tomorrow as these pesky Inverness buggers do t look like slipping up yet. 

Remember the Kadikoi days well. Craw, Commander, the two Garys, Beryl to name but a few! And someone letting the tyre down on our minibus. Hope all well down there.

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

It was Murray. He must hate playing the Rovers.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Loses out to Poplatnik then just stands and watches him score. Beautiful. At the third goal I think it is also him just standing watching Tumilty race off. No effort to help out.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Watching the highlights back, i still can’t believe collum gives an indirect free kick for langs passback. Macdonald pushes it away. I could understand if he had held onto it.

Not sure of the exact rule, but assumed that if it’s a passback then you’re not allowed any kind of contact with your hands?

Think a View from the Terrace may have covered this previously but indirect free kicks in the box are brilliant. They are very rarely scored. However, when they are given against you, you always expect it will be a goal. The reaction after it is inevitably blocked/saved is excellent and is treated like a penalty save and really lifts the crowd. Great stuff.