Edinburgh City Vs Cowdenbeath

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

At the end section your view of the corner flag is obscured by the pie hut roof.

I don’t know why they need so much floodlight pylons.

Goodness me.🤦‍♂️

I wonder if some people will finally start to understand why the vast majority of the City support are so keen to get away from there?

On 02/10/2021 at 12:57, FatboyFatFTS said:

Arguably the worst City performance since before McDonaugh. And to top off, the weather was atrocious. I note there's some that have been going saying thats it for them until we're back at Meadowbank. I dont blame them.

I may not be typical of a lot of folk but I took the decision at 7pm not to bother heading down to AP because of the dire weather and the possibility of not getting a seat in the stands. Personally I think the club have underestimated that a lot of people just like to roll up for a game, doing it in the wet is one thing, but doing it in the dark and wet is another. 

Not seen City play before McDonaugh but yes the 2nd half was fairly dire (I paid and watched the live stream) 

49 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Goodness me.🤦‍♂️

I wonder if some people will finally start to understand why the vast majority of the City support are so keen to get away from there?

To be honest it’s not a good ground for the SPFL.

Although over the last 4 years it has saved City’s SPFL status no other club was rushing to give you a ground share.

Is there going to be any standing area at New New Meadowbank?

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I may not be typical of a lot of folk but I took the decision at 7pm not to bother heading down to AP because of the dire weather and the possibility of not getting a seat in the stands. Personally I think the club have underestimated that a lot of people just like to roll up for a game, doing it in the wet is one thing, but doing it in the dark and wet is another. 

Not seen City play before McDonaugh but yes the 2nd half was fairly dire (I paid and watched the live stream) 

I'd be surprised if you were the only one to make that decision. I'm not sure its the rolling up at a game but more where it is and when it is. As I've said repeatedly, its not particularly easy to get to. Its not a nice place to watch football. When its cold and wet, afternoon or evening, it isnt pleasant. I certainly think they've underestimated the strength of feeling against AP and that many football fans are creatures of habit and want games at 3pm on a Saturday. The latter point, in particular, was where the main opposition lay when it was announced - both home and away fans. Though this discussion is perhaps better for our main thread where I pointed out the attendance figures.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

To be honest it’s not a good ground for the SPFL.

Although over the last 4 years it has saved City’s SPFL status no other club was rushing to give you a ground share.

Is there going to be any standing area at New New Meadowbank?

No idea to that unfortunately. There's been chat there's viewing areas for hospitality types and freebies. If thats the case (and allowed by the SPFL), then that'd relieve some pressure on the stand.

5 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

I'd be surprised if you were the only one to make that decision. I'm not sure its the rolling up at a game but more where it is and when it is. As I've said repeatedly, its not particularly easy to get to. Its not a nice place to watch football. When its cold and wet, afternoon or evening, it isnt pleasant. I certainly think they've underestimated the strength of feeling against AP and that many football fans are creatures of habit and want games at 3pm on a Saturday. The latter point, in particular, was where the main opposition lay when it was announced - both home and away fans. Though this discussion is perhaps better for our main thread where I pointed out the attendance figures.

No idea to that unfortunately. There's been chat there's viewing areas for hospitality types and freebies. If thats the case (and allowed by the SPFL), then that'd relieve some pressure on the stand.

Even if you could stand at a railing at the side of the stand it would be something, time will tell.