Edinburgh City Vs Cowdenbeath

Was in Edinburgh tonight so took this in.  Expected City to run out easy winners looking at the league table but tbh they were outplayed.  Despite dominating the game Cowdenbeath were shite in the final third though.

Standing in the pissing rain wasn’t pleasant.  Decent enough game but I won’t be rushing back next time my pals want to watch Edinburgh.  Is the new Meadowbank going to have a decent amount of cover?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

How did Dave McKay do, he’s had little playing time since his return.

McKay did OK. Got stuck in once or twice.

Cowden worthy of a point, if not all three. Schwake pulled off a great block when Buchanan was clean through and there were one or two other chances as well. Wasn't much of a game in the second half in the rain and I couldn't begrudge the late equaliser as it had been coming. The Blue Brazil played some nice stuff too, perhaps plastic suits you better than grass.

Had to laugh when they announced the scorer as Buchanan rather than the actual scorer Renton. There's at least half a foot height difference!

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

McKay did OK. Got stuck in once or twice.

Cowden worthy of a point, if not all three. Schwake pulled off a great block when Buchanan was clean through and there were one or two other chances as well. Wasn't much of a game in the second half in the rain and I couldn't begrudge the late equaliser as it had been coming. The Blue Brazil played some nice stuff too, perhaps plastic suits you better than grass.

Had to laugh when they announced the scorer as Buchanan rather than the actual scorer Renton. There's at least half a foot height difference!

I never heard him announce Buch’s as the scorer although I had my hood up😀

we mostly do well against City in Edinburgh.

I thought Cowdenbeath played decent for the majority of last night. Lacked a finishing touch and Schwake saving the day (again). He's won us a ridiculous number of points this season. City's performance was absolutely and utterly woeful. Midfield bypassed constantly. Defence all over the place, leaving a lot of free headers. Arguably the worst City performance since before McDonaugh. And to top off, the weather was atrocious. I note there's some that have been going saying thats it for them until we're back at Meadowbank. I dont blame them.

2 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

I thought Cowdenbeath played decent for the majority of last night. Lacked a finishing touch and Schwake saving the day (again). He's won us a ridiculous number of points this season. City's performance was absolutely and utterly woeful. Midfield bypassed constantly. Defence all over the place, leaving a lot of free headers. Arguably the worst City performance since before McDonaugh. And to top off, the weather was atrocious. I note there's some that have been going saying thats it for them until we're back at Meadowbank. I dont blame them.

Given the look of the wee stand at Meadowbank I don’t think it will be much fun sitting in it on a night like last night.

Got to agree about the City keeper he was excellent.

Thats twice I’ve seen your new side not a patch on last seasons.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Given the look of the wee stand at Meadowbank I don’t think it will be much fun sitting in it on a night like last night.

Got to agree about the City keeper he was excellent.

Thats twice I’ve seen your new side not a patch on last seasons.

I think its the combo of the travel to AP and being made to feel as welcome as a shite in a swimming pool, from the staff down there. The stand at Meadowbank is apparently a bit roomier than AP and more protection from the elements. And if you use public transport, you can be on a bus in a few minutes, rather than having to walk 15-20 mins then hope one turns up.

As for the side, the team is short of players and has been all season. What went out hasnt been replaced and even taking into account the injury list, there isnt enough to cope with the losses. Recruitment has been dire. We have some good players but they've not been supplemented with a good supporting cast. And when the good ones get injured, you get what you see last night.

Edited by FatboyFatFTS

4 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

I didn't get a seat because I turned up late. Can't complain.

Moral: turn up early and get the two seats you need :P :ass

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

On a shite night for weather you should have know to be there for opening time to get a seat.

5 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

I think its the combo of the travel to AP and being made to feel as welcome as a shite in a swimming pool, from the staff down there. The stand at Meadowbank is apparently a bit roomier than AP and more protection from the elements. And if you use public transport, you can be on a bus in a few minutes, rather than having to walk 15-20 mins then hope one turns up.

As for the side, the team is short of players and has been all season. What went out hasnt been replaced and even taking into account the injury list, there isnt enough to cope with the losses. Recruitment has been dire. We have some good players but they've not been supplemented with a good supporting cast. And when the good ones get injured, you get what you see last night.

Good that there’s going to be more room in the stand at Meadowbank.

My main concern is the lack of height and the running track.

That combo can mean a shite view.

It is better down that way for getting there and pubs etc in the vicinity.

33 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good that there’s going to be more room in the stand at Meadowbank.

My main concern is the lack of height and the running track.

That combo can mean a shite view.

It is better down that way for getting there and pubs etc in the vicinity.

The running track has less lanes than previously. The last Meadowbank had 8, plus the sand pits in front of the stand. This one has 6 and no jumping areas in front.

In terms of the height, I've been by a couple of times to check on progress. Its looks higher than the plans drawn. And you're absolutely bang on about things to do and ease of getting there. Thats one of the most important parts about the move.

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Given that you paid to get in on a dreadful night like that and the guys with the videocams were taking up 6 or 7 seats I think you've every right to moan imo

55 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Given that you paid to get in on a dreadful night like that and the guys with the videocams were taking up 6 or 7 seats I think you've every right to moan imo

The crowd was 314. The stand holds 500. I'd more be questioning how many freebies the club handed out rather than the camera. And, of course, the video wouldnt need to be in the stand if the gantry was a) finished and b) didnt have a floodlight blocking a clear view.

11 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

The crowd was 314. The stand holds 500. I'd more be questioning how many freebies the club handed out rather than the camera. And, of course, the video wouldnt need to be in the stand if the gantry was a) finished and b) didnt have a floodlight blocking a clear view.

It’s a strange one putting the camera gantry at the back of a pylon!

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s a strange one putting the camera gantry at the back of a pylon!

AP at its finest. Its the same when you sit in the stand, at the ends. A floodlight blocks each goal. Whoever designed AP certainly wasnt a football fan.

2 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

AP at its finest. Its the same when you sit in the stand, at the ends. A floodlight blocks each goal. Whoever designed AP certainly wasnt a football fan.

At the end section your view of the corner flag is obscured by the pie hut roof.

I don’t know why they need so much floodlight pylons.