QP v Mo

11 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Queen’s Park have the millions to get the team they want. There’s no doubt that any other club would do the same and that’s fair enough. But how big is the fan base, and how long do these millions last? The further they go, the more they spend.

Some clubs did well for many years (not to name them but you will probably know yourself), because they were getting money pumped by a wealthy fan(s) but then that money stops when they get bored, or fall out with the chairman or pass away or whatever. Then the team sinks back down to beyond where they came from.

Your exactly right, and some of our members have asked exactly the same questions since the beginning of the discussions about us turning professional.

The money from the sale of Hampden is to be paid in instalments over a number of years, which gives a reasonable guaranteed income base over that period. Our playing squad budget is underwritten by our benefactor, and I believe a contract is in place for a set period to ensure this doesn't suddenly stop without warning.

As I mentioned in my last post, the club are laying the foundations now so that we can be self sufficient once the above income streams cease.

There has been a lot of talk of growing our fan base, particularly through integrating ourselves more into the community. Just yesterday if was announced that we will be giving away a number of tickets to local school children and providing a free bus to get them to our home games. We are also planning to increase the number of people engaging in our community coaching sessions, and I assume there will again be incentives to get these people to games. Along with reduced prices for friends and family brought along with a season ticket holder or member to certain home games, there is a real drive to get more people coming along to games. I expect this will be developed further once we're back in our own ground.

We've also seen in the last month a steady stream of announcements of new sponsorship by local businesses, at a rate which we have never seen before.

None of the above is a magic wand that guarantees lasting results, but we seem to be doing all the right things to gradually build a sustainable model.

5 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Your exactly right, and some of our members have asked exactly the same questions since the beginning of the discussions about us turning professional.

The money from the sale of Hampden is to be paid in instalments over a number of years, which gives a reasonable guaranteed income base over that period. Our playing squad budget is underwritten by our benefactor, and I believe a contract is in place for a set period to ensure this doesn't suddenly stop without warning.

As I mentioned in my last post, the club are laying the foundations now so that we can be self sufficient once the above income streams cease.

There has been a lot of talk of growing our fan base, particularly through integrating ourselves more into the community. Just yesterday if was announced that we will be giving away a number of tickets to local school children and providing a free bus to get them to our home games. We are also planning to increase the number of people engaging in our community coaching sessions, and I assume there will again be incentives to get these people to games. Along with reduced prices for friends and family brought along with a season ticket holder or member to certain home games, there is a real drive to get more people coming along to games. I expect this will be developed further once we're back in our own ground.

We've also seen in the last month a steady stream of announcements of new sponsorship by local businesses, at a rate which we have never seen before.

None of the above is a magic wand that guarantees lasting results, but we seem to be doing all the right things to gradually build a sustainable model.

Good reply Ben, I must have missed the steady stream of announcements of the new sponsorship with localbusinesss, could mention them here on this site, or can you direct me to where I can find a list of them so that I may be in a position to give them some business?

3 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Good reply Ben, I must have missed the steady stream of announcements of the new sponsorship with localbusinesss, could mention them here on this site, or can you direct me to where I can find a list of them so that I may be in a position to give them some business?

On the QP Facebook page. 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I am a silly old man Siders4ever and I am not on Facebook, but thanks for the info.

Yes, the sponsors have all been announced on Facebook, one of them has their name on the sleeve of our strips and I think most of the others now have an advertising board pichside at our home games.

13 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I am a silly old man Siders4ever and I am not on Facebook, but thanks for the info.

Here’s what’s been posted so far. There’s more for games, balls, strips etc but not yet in a concise page. There is a page on the website marked Commercial where all this could go. Hopefully someone at HQ will put this on the to-do list.

image.thumb.png.5fb095a45802dfdb8eca75bbe1c9dbf7.png

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

You really should take some time to read posts. Dooflick was asking after a list of the sponsors who have engaged, not what the club's sponsor offer is. 

21 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Good reply Ben, I must have missed the steady stream of announcements of the new sponsorship with local business, could mention them here on this site, or can you direct me to where I can find a list of them so that I may be in a position to give them some business?