Pollok v Talbot 2nd October

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

I had no doubt at the time that Andy got a hand to the penalty. 

My first instinct was to say he made amends for the first goal, then the ball came off the post.You can hear the touch on the video.

Unbelievable match.
Had absolutely everything and more.
Howler from the keeper for the opener; three penalties, one saved and scored on the rebound; 3 sending offs; ref losing the plot; 10 men take the lead; 8 men almost cling on to victory.
Think if Pollok had clung on to win I would have been in tears by the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ages to go yet but think that Talbot are still the Bookies favourites to reach the LL play-offs but there's  a risk that the Champions will be an unlicenced club - particularly if there are difficulties with Pollok getting a Licence due to the Flood-lighting question. Hope that the Champions, who-ever they will be will be able to take up their place in the play-offs.

18 minutes ago, Dev said:

Ages to go yet but think that Talbot are still the Bookies favourites to reach the LL play-offs but there's  a risk that the Champions will be an unlicenced club - particularly if there are difficulties with Pollok getting a Licence due to the Flood-lighting question. Hope that the Champions, who-ever they will be will be able to take up their place in the play-offs.

I don't think it would be just floodlights M8. Newlandsfield is a majestic old ground and would need an expensive make over to bring it up to standard. Shame really that a club like Pollok will have to spend thousands to get their ground up to standard while clubs in rented, council backed cages can walk into the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

I don't think it would be just floodlights M8. Newlandsfield is a majestic old ground and would need an expensive make over to bring it up to standard. Shame really that a club like Pollok will have to spend thousands to get their ground up to standard while clubs in rented, council backed cages can walk into the Scottish Cup.

I would also think it’s a bit easier for things like planning permission in local councils in Ayrshire than it is in Glasgow.

I can’t imagine anyone in Auckinleck in a house local to the ground trying to block Talbot doing something, compared to that being in Glasgow. (All hypothetical as have no clue what planning Pollok need - just trying to illustrate some of the difficulties we may have compared to more local ‘village’ based sides) 

Edited by superpollok

5 hours ago, superpollok said:

I would also think it’s a bit easier for things like planning permission in local councils in Ayrshire than it is in Glasgow.

I can’t imagine anyone in Auckinleck in a house local to the ground trying to block Talbot doing something, compared to that being in Glasgow. (All hypothetical as have no clue what planning Pollok need - just trying to illustrate some of the difficulties we may have compared to more local ‘village’ based sides) 

In reality Pollok only have houses on one side of the ground, where we have houses on all sides of our ground. No doubt deflectors on the lights and maybe a wee priviso that the lights would only be on during match nights might swing it.

You rarely hear of plans for floodlights being knocked back due to complaints. Look at the amount of community 4G parks built next to houses. You can guarantee that neighbours will object but those objections need to have substance and if a planning application is detailed and guarantees the lights will be off by a certain time and of a certain brightness then the council are unlikely to entertain objections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, superpollok said:

Know what you mean but with floodlights for example, if the light spill towards the flats doesn't exceed 10 lux(?) then I think Environmental Health won't have an issue. And if there's less than 5(?) objections then it can be dealt with by a planning officer rather going to a committee. Going by lighting plans from clubs who've installed them in the east, the distance to buildings at Pollok should just about be ok, perhaps with adjustments to the lights.

As for the game, now that the full highlights are online I would have to say all three red cards are correct.

First one - reckless tackle (good job by the ref giving the YC after an advantage) and then #6 clips a Talbot player to stop a promising attack so a correct second YC.

Second - if you are using "offensive, insulting or abusive language" as a player or official when the referee is literally standing over you then tbh you deserve a RC. :rolleyes:

Third - violent conduct, player swings his arm as he's being fouled (excessive force, using it as a weapon), and the free kick for Pollok is correct as that occurred before the red card offence.

Maybe the Pollok players needed to be a bit more streetwise - don't trip an opponent when on a yellow, don't react to Talbot fans and don't swing your arm when the ref is looking straight at you? ;)

5 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

You rarely hear of plans for floodlights being knocked back due to complaints. Look at the amount of community 4G parks built next to houses. You can guarantee that neighbours will object but those objections need to have substance and if a planning application is detailed and guarantees the lights will be off by a certain time and of a certain brightness then the council are unlikely to entertain objections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you're right. One of refurbished schools in Clydebank was built with a couple of artificial pitches at back. Houses were built next to them. ( couldn't honestly say if they were built at same time or not but not much time elapsed if not ). Lights are similar distance from houses as flats are to Newlandsfield pitch I'd say. The lets for pitches were forced to stop due to light glare. 

Genuinely hope that's not case here. Would be s great ground to watch a night game at. 

On 02/10/2021 at 18:15, Cnock88 said:

The tablet bottling more points to go clear .. things you love to see lol 

Look who has crawled out from under his tear stained pillow   I guess Cumnock won at the weekend

2 hours ago, bankieholm4me4 said:

In all fairness cumnock are having a decent season great away day also with a fresh young team unlike some other teams in the area.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sign of the times that when Cumnock have won 7 and lost 7 of 14 games, sitting in 9th yet the perception is they're having a decent season. The worst part is that it's correct- they are, for them.

17 minutes ago, bankieholm4me4 said:

Are they not allowed to be content with what they are doing , like any other club ? Have to be forever miserable having to listen to talbot pish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

irrelevant cannon fodder thread for this pish.