Pollok v Talbot 2nd October

Some prospect this. Going by results, both sides are showing resilience and consistency. Nowhere near a decider as one depressed Bankie tried to claim last night but a classic six pointer.

These are the type of fixtures that everyone badly missed over the last year or so and hopefully there will be a big crowd and some top drawer football played on Saturday. No predictions here but what do you big lads think? 

the two horse race chat is complete bollocks.

This is bound to pull the division's biggest crowd of the season with no Celtic or Rangers games on. It should be a terrific day.

Talbot have a great recent record at Newlandsfield but that was normally against mid table Pollok sides so really won't mean much.

Edited by Shanner

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Some prospect this. Going by results, both sides are showing resilience and consistency. Nowhere near a decider as one depressed Bankie tried to claim last night but a classic six pointer.

These are the type of fixtures that everyone badly missed over the last year or so and hopefully there will be a big crowd and some top drawer football played on Saturday. No predictions here but what do you big lads think? 

You actually believe thats a Bankies fan?

On 30/09/2021 at 06:24, jimbaxters said:

Conditions look set to spoil the occasion but I think we have what it takes to get up there and go home with the points. 

As good a 45 minutes of football as I've seen so far this season. Pollok were cruising until a stupid tackle for a second booking and I can only see one winner from here. High tempo from both teams in horrible conditions and a superb equaliser for Talbot.

Felt for Leishman, the first goal was awful from him and then he made a world class penalty save only to see the rebound tapped in.

The ref is having the time of his life out there. The Pollok penalty was an interesting call but the retaken throw in was a personal highlight for me.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As good a 45 minutes of football as I've seen so far this season. Pollok were cruising until a stupid tackle for a second booking and I can only see one winner from here. High tempo from both teams in horrible conditions and a superb equaliser for Talbot.

Felt for Leishman, the first goal was awful from him and then he made a world class penalty save only to see the rebound tapped in.

The ref is having the time of his life out there. The Pollok penalty was an interesting call but the retaken throw in was a personal highlight for me.

It's been magic. In truth Pollok could have been out of sight but Talbot rallied brilliantly.

I mentioned on the other thread that I couldn't tell whether any of the penalties or red cards were justified, and I expect there will be some debate on that.  

Putting the reasons for it ending up with 11 v 8 aside for now, you have to tip your hat to Pollok for holding out for a point  and it was  looking like a famous win was likely until Talbot scrambled the equalizer. 

It was an absolutely brilliant game to be at and one that will live long in the memory. 

I'm not sure who will be happier with their point. Talbot would have taken your hand off for a point at 2-0 and under pressure, or Pollok would have likely been the same at the 3rd red card. Both will feel they should have won but could easily have lost! 

it's a massive credit to the league that the top 2 can put on a show like that in horrible conditions. 

9 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I mentioned on the other thread that I couldn't tell whether any of the penalties or red cards were justified, and I expect there will be some debate on that.  

Putting the reasons for it ending up with 11 v 8 aside for now, you have to tip your hat to Pollok for holding out for a point  and it was  looking like a famous win was likely until Talbot scrambled the equalizer. 

It was an absolutely brilliant game to be at and one that will live long in the memory. 

I'm not sure who will be happier with their point. Talbot would have taken your hand off for a point at 2-0 and under pressure, or Pollok would have likely been the same at the 3rd red card. Both will feel they should have won but could easily have lost! 

it's a massive credit to the league that the top 2 can put on a show like that in horrible conditions. 

Honestly 3 penalties and no sure any of them were 

a big leishman blunder which doesn’t happen very often 

looked like pollok centre half got red card for choice words with the Talbot support

Longmuir was outstanding second half 

Kudos to both teams for serving that up in spite of the referee 

Craziest game I’ve attended in long time. We looked dead & buried at 2 down only to go in level at the break.

Pollok then regained lead only to get whittled down to 8 men.

Last 20 mins was like a high tempo training exercise - defence v attack.

Pollok withstood a lot of pressure late on & Longmuir had an outstanding game- pulling off a couple of outstanding saves.

Happy with the point, which keeps us top, with a game in hand.

Will be interesting to see highlights. TBF I couldn’t see what any of the penalties were given for and a few fans I spoke to at game & after were equally baffled, both Talbot and Lok fans