Aberdeen v Celtic 3/10/21

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You can argue about whether it's Sectarian or not but it's singing songs glorifying a terrorist organisation which is just as scummy IMO.

I totally agree they shouldn’t be near a football stadium and wouldn’t be my choice of songs, 

Edited by Drew Brees

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You can argue about whether it's Sectarian or not but it's singing songs glorifying a terrorist organisation which is just as scummy IMO.

I wonder how many there today in the away end were in Bellaghy yesterday, giving it laldy going past the Presbyterian Manse, unaware it is presently unoccupied?

Parades

Reference Number Organisation Town of Parade
PAR\91221 **South Derry Hunger Strike Commemoration Committee** Bellaghy

Further Information

Date of Parade 02 October 2021
Start Time of Outward Route 14:00
Proposed Outward Route Bellaghy GAC
Ballyscullion Road
Deerpark Road
Trassle Street
Main Street
William Street
Ballyneese Road
Tamlaghduff Park
St Marys Graveyard
Tamlaghduff Park
Ballyneese Road
William Street
Main Street
Trassle Street
Deerpark Road
Bellaghy Bawn
End Time of Outward Route 17:00
Start Time of Return Route -
Proposed Return Route  
End Time of Return Route -
Number of Bands 7
Bands Parkhead Republican Flute Band,Glassgow Republican Flute Band,Coatbridge Republican Flute Band,Kevin Lynch Republican Flute Band,Sons of Ireland RFB,Bobby Sands RFB,John Brady RFB
Expected Number of Participants 1000
Expected Number of Supporters 2000

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Wouldn’t disagree with that, but some people are far too quick to throw the sectarian label at anything remotely Irish. 

Similar with some of the songs, they’ll get the same label despite no mention of sectarianism or the IRA

A sore one to take. I feel a draw may have been a fair result but the way we leak goals we deserve to lose.
We missed Hedges and Watkins today.
I want Glass to succeed but my patience is wearing thin and currently he's mirroring his managerial win rate (26%) from his Atlanta Utd days. 
So far It's been very reminiscent of McGhee's short spell as manager.

Glass now sat with 6 wins in 21 games. 28.6% win percentage. Only Mark McGhee (27.4% in 62 games) and Alex Miller (25.6% in 43 games) worse in history.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Glass now sat with 6 wins in 21 games. 28.6% win percentage. Only Mark McGhee (27.4% in 62 games) and Alex Miller (25.6% in 43 games) worse in history.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Fail to beat Dundee and his record will be worse than McGhee's. 

No wins in October and it will be worse than Miller's.

No need to panic...

44 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Deserved what we got. 

I stuck up for the lad Ralston saying he's not as bad as folk said. Can confirm he's utter horse manure. 

Must admit Ramsay is already a fair bit better than him. For Scotland he’s also defensively better than Patterson.

Edited by gannonball

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

TBF you see a large amount of Celtic fans who look uncomfortable when the songs are being sung.

Not at the game today as majority singing about IRA. There was a few issues today not with the songs but as usual the police bottle sorting it out against Celtic and Rangers

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Must admit Ramsay is already a fair bit better than him. For Scotland he’s also defensively better than Patterson.

Going back to the game at Fir Park the thing I liked about Ramsay, apart from being Aberdeen's best player by a mile,  was that he was on the East Stand side 2nd half talking a lot of stick off some of our more vociferous fans and he wasn't having it.  Didn't phase him and gave plenty stick back and I've got to say I love it when players get supporters telt.

I think that says a lot about his mentality as an 18 year old footballer.   

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Going back to the game at Fir Park the thing I liked about Ramsay, apart from being Aberdeen's best player by a mile,  was that he was on the East Stand side 2nd half talking a lot of stick off some of our more vociferous fans and he wasn't having it.  Didn't phase him and gave plenty stick back and I've got to say I love it when players get supporters telt.

I think that says a lot about his mentality as an 18 year old footballer.   

He reminded me of Tierney a bit tbh, strolls about like he has a bigger frame than he actually has. He’s also good for winning cheap fouls that Tierney was good at as well.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Are Neil Lennon and Derek McInnes still available?

no chance, McInnes is not welcome at pittodrie as a lot of supporters say for having the utter gall, the utter gall to................well that time he..................... when he said that........... ah i don't actually know why

Edited by red23

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Not at the game today as majority singing about IRA. There was a few issues today not with the songs but as usual the police bottle sorting it out against Celtic and Rangers

Surely it's not hard to police this. Singing songs supporting terrorism is not acceptable. The police just need to video the crowd doing it. Big fines for the first offence, then dock points thereafter. It would stop the issue rapidly or the OF teams will quickly be playing against their own colt teams. 

1 minute ago, Don exotic said:

Surely it's not hard to police this. Singing songs supporting terrorism is not acceptable. The police just need to video the crowd doing it. Big fines for the first offence, then dock points thereafter. It would stop the issue rapidly or the OF teams will quickly be playing against their own colt teams. 

Singing songs supporting terrorism is not acceptable but not a crime, police can do nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Singing songs supporting terrorism is not acceptable but not a crime, police can do nothing. 

It could be construed as behaviour likely to lead to a breach of the peace.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

There must have been a few Celtic dads in the crowd. I havent heard "IRA all the way..." for years (I am 61).  Bizarre how they come up with these old chants. Back in the day our family had an LP of Rebel Songs (Kevin Barry etc). It would never cross my mind to sing stuff around that at a game.  Maybe some of them need to be put in a time machine to a Belfast street around 1am in 1981 and see how glorious it all was.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It could be construed as behaviour likely to lead to a breach of the peace.

I’m sure there’s been court cases for singing these songs in the past and they’ve been thrown out or not proven.