Aberdeen v Celtic 3/10/21

We don’t have the attacking players to play the way we want to play. We play three cm’s who do a similar job and none of them are going to unlock a defence. Only Hedges and maybe Watkins are up to it in the wide areas/playing off the striker and both have missed far too many games. I feel for Ramirez, he’s clearly a pretty good finisher but he gets very little from the players around him. Our main creative outlet is an 18 year old right back.

Yeah pretty much. We can’t sign anyone now so any changes need to be tactical. 4231 with Ferguson closer to Ramirez might help. Won’t happen though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Jota isnt exactly a notorious hacker but he gives away so many fouls through nothing more than poor decision making. Usually running in to the back of a player where all he has to do is close him down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

We're very, very awful, but Madden is allowing Celtic to break up any kind of attacking moves we may have with persistent fouling. 

I think teams have got much better at the high press. Both Celtic and Aberdeen are forcing the ball where they want it and getting mistakes in the back line.

Aberdeen need to be more aggresive with their long ball, playng the game in Celtic's half is going to result in more good attacks than passing the ball around their backline. Which only invites Celtic onto them.

If this was Celtic during the Brendan Rodgers era, they'd already be 5 or 6 up. Aberdeen seem to have absolutely no idea what they're doing here.

Celtic haven't been great, they're just finding it so easy with so much space.

Dreadful watch for the neutral.

First time I've seen Aberdeen this year.

They're by quite some distance the worst side I've seen. Hard to pick out anything you could say as a positive for them. They literally look to have absolutely nothing from this first 35.

Is this just a bad day, or is this their norm?

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Guest Bob Mahelp

Turnbull, who hasn't fouled anyone, gets booked. Jota stands sniggering on the other touchline. 

Madden is truly a fucking idiot. 

Aberdeen play like your U12 side when a manager has come in and told them to do about 8 conflicting things.

"We want a patient possession build up game, at a high tempo, with everyone passing and moving" type chat going on in that dressing room.

No cohesion at all between players.