Barry Ferguson vs Paul Hartley

14 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I thought maybe a yellow when i saw it live from a distance but after looking at the highlights a red was fair.

Logan is going nowhere, stuck on the touchline in the middle of the pitch. Poor discipline and frustrating as hell for Alloa fans. Fyvie lunged into a needless challenge, and got a straight red, when we played QP earlier this season. Game was 0-0 and completely turned the tide. 

Sena will now miss Peterhead at home and QP away. Alloa have enough depth to look for wins in those 2 matches.

One tackle. 25 seconds in ..red card . Would have to see it but my thoughts are that the referee reacts to the squealing from the cove bench . Referee brutal all game ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More likely the referee reacting to a ridiculous and dangerous challenge.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah ref could maybe have given Sena a yellow seeing as it was the first challenge of the game, but can also see why he put him off. It was a shame because he's really picked up form last couple of weeks.
Unfortunately killed the game a bit as a spectacle and we were always up against it after that.

Can't fault the effort of the players, and if Cawleys shot goes in, we might well have taken the 3 points. It's a bad mistake from Mendy for the 2nd goal. I really like him, and he won everything in the air but he is shaky at the back. The mistake cost us the game. I'd expect Howie to come in for him for next game.

All the subs did well when they came on.

Agree that Cove not as good as they were when they visited last season. Logan got a ton more space due to the red card but I thought he played well. McAllister can still do the business though on his day.

It's been a strange season so far. The first quarter has probably gone the way I expected, and we need to improve our form. However, from what we've seen so far I think we are capable of being there and thereabouts come the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

no reason why we can't push for top four from what i have seen of the opposition so far

We are still short of a decent centre forward IMO. Sammon does OK in flashes but he doesn't really hold the ball or distribute it well enough. Henderson might be the answer there, but we haven't seen enough of him through the middle to know.

I don't agree that the ref could or should have let Sena off with a yellow on the basis that it was so early in the game. He has to apply the laws consistently throughout the ninety minutes. To do otherwise is unfair and Cove would have rightly been incensed if he'd allowed Sena to stay on the pitch.

On 03/10/2021 at 12:33, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove are definitely behind the heights of last season in my opinion. I think our defence is on par and strikers (unchanged) are too but centre midfield dynamic is wrong and we're missing a fully fit and confident Masson who is still returning from a 4 month injury he sustained at Ibrox. Robbie Leitch is a poor backfill. This comes down to our recruitment which hasn't been targeted to improving necessary positions. Instead we've got about 5 centre mids all quite defensively minded.

I must admit was looking forward to seeing Sena after I heard from Sons fans he bossed the game. Cawley did add extra impetus to the game. I agree with the thoughts of Mendy. Physically good but if dragged wide he's a liability.

Alloa are good enough to challenge near the top end and playoffs needs to be the minimum target.

What about Robertson?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What about Robertson?

Finn looks very composed on the ball and got far more work rate and energy that Vigurs who was playing alongside him against Alloa. Hartley started him ahead of Fyvie. I doubt he's going to score any/many goals though.

You can tell he's got great attributes and big potential. Our centre midfield needs a bit more attacking threat and someone who will support attacks and skip by their man. Dare I say it Declan Glass type or someone even like Scott Brown at Peterhead.

We're massively short on goals from midfield. Leitch is our only midfielder goal scorer in 9 games.

All our central midfielders either sit deep or play sideways passes far too often. Doesn't make for the most attacking / attractive style of play. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922