Barry Ferguson vs Paul Hartley

its the hope that kills you !
nearly go 2- 1 up then bye bye 
as for the section of the so called Alloa support that are costing the club money and trashing our reputation FRO please !

What happened with the support? Didn’t see/hear anything from the stand

Bad challenge from Niang put us under pressure right from the off. I thought we defended well and were unfortunate not to go ahead when Kevs kick hit the post. Another blunder from Mendy and its 2-1, neither him or Robbo covering themselves in glory in the build up to the penalty. Mendy, for all he does well during a game is costing us a goal nearly every game. Get Andy or Howie in beside Durnan. Can’t fault the fight from the 10 boys on the park today but time to rest Mendy for me.

Mendy was fine in the centre but as soon as you play him in a wide position he gets exposed. Good effort from Alloa after a reckless challenge resulting in a deserved red where although Niang got some of the ball it was clearly a tackle of excessive force. The introduction of Cawley made a huge difference. Unlucky not to get something from the game.

9 minutes ago, Alloamad said:

Bad challenge from Niang put us under pressure right from the off. I thought we defended well and were unfortunate not to go ahead when Kevs kick hit the post. Another blunder from Mendy and its 2-1, neither him or Robbo covering themselves in glory in the build up to the penalty. Mendy, for all he does well during a game is costing us a goal nearly every game. Get Andy or Howie in beside Durnan. Can’t fault the fight from the 10 boys on the park today but time to rest Mendy for me.

Been saying this since he arrived. Mendy is an absolute liability!! Think his playing is more a stubborn approach from the manager as he brought him in. 

This was a free hit for us today owing to the sending off. Couldn't see it clearly from the stand but it was a pointless and naive challange with the ball going out for a throw. Cove were not impressive at all but results count. League is still tight from 9th to top but we need to find goals from somewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

its the hope that kills you !

nearly go 2- 1 up then bye bye 

as for the section of the so called Alloa support that are costing the club money and trashing our reputation FRO please !

Did something happen today that I never heard

18 minutes ago, pencils said:

Clear red looking at the highlights. Thought the penalty maybe looked outside the box though

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Agree with both of those sentiments.  Alloa looked to be holding their own, just silly mistakes costing you.  As a PFC fan you have my sympathy as we have suffered much the same this season.

Difficult to get much of a read on yesterday after the early red - thought it was harsh at the time and probably still do, but not sure of judgement is clouded with it being inside the first minute of the game or not. 

Team stuck in quite well and reduced Cove to going side to side and not creating too many clear cut chances - reminded me of how Airdrie defended against us in the first half a couple of weeks back. 

Felt a bit for Sammon yesterday when he got taken off as he had actually battled really well and won a lot of ball, but without having the support around him it was all pretty pointless. Thought it was a good move from BF changing things up at that point and Kev played really well after he came on. 

Agree with comments about Mendy, needs to be dropped (and Howie brought in beside Durnan?) as it’s a goal a game going through him just now. 

Few nice moments from Gilmour yesterday which is encouraging. 

Was a bit surprised with Cove yesterday - said in January I thought they were probably the best side that came to the Recs last season after the cup game, but yesterday definitely seemed at least a level or 2 below that. 

16 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

not much today , but club have had to pay for police presence extra security  and damaged seats at away grounds .

If any of that is reactionary from what happened at the end of last weeks game, they can take the cost out of Ferguson’s wages - only one person instigated what happened there. 

2 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Difficult to get much of a read on yesterday after the early red - thought it was harsh at the time and probably still do, but not sure of judgement is clouded with it being inside the first minute of the game or not. 

Team stuck in quite well and reduced Cove to going side to side and not creating too many clear cut chances - reminded me of how Airdrie defended against us in the first half a couple of weeks back. 

Felt a bit for Sammon yesterday when he got taken off as he had actually battled really well and won a lot of ball, but without having the support around him it was all pretty pointless. Thought it was a good move from BF changing things up at that point and Kev played really well after he came on. 

Agree with comments about Mendy, needs to be dropped (and Howie brought in beside Durnan?) as it’s a goal a game going through him just now. 

Few nice moments from Gilmour yesterday which is encouraging. 

Was a bit surprised with Cove yesterday - said in January I thought they were probably the best side that came to the Recs last season after the cup game, but yesterday definitely seemed at least a level or 2 below that. 

Cove are definitely behind the heights of last season in my opinion. I think our defence is on par and strikers (unchanged) are too but centre midfield dynamic is wrong and we're missing a fully fit and confident Masson who is still returning from a 4 month injury he sustained at Ibrox. Robbie Leitch is a poor backfill. This comes down to our recruitment which hasn't been targeted to improving necessary positions. Instead we've got about 5 centre mids all quite defensively minded.

I must admit was looking forward to seeing Sena after I heard from Sons fans he bossed the game. Cawley did add extra impetus to the game. I agree with the thoughts of Mendy. Physically good but if dragged wide he's a liability.

Alloa are good enough to challenge near the top end and playoffs needs to be the minimum target.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Highly unsurprising to see Niang sent off in such a manner. He got a lot of praise for his performance against us but I thought he was a dirty b*****d and was lucky to stay on the park after a similar type of lunge on Connor Duthie, he ran around for most of the match trying to boot folk. It’s only a matter of time until this fanny breaks someones leg with the way he lunges into tackles.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Sena might have got away with a yellow and perhaps a more pragmatic ref might have settled for that in the first minute, but when you fly in like that then you can't really complain. A poor decision by Sena and one he hopefully learns from as he has been terrific the last few weeks. Looking back to the QoS game last season we should appeal it even if it was the correct call. 

Was a really good effort after that and would have merited a point. I don't want to be picking out Mendy every week but unfortunately it's a big issue. He puts everything into the game, he wins a lot of headers, but he can't do the basics of centre back play. Folk saying he costs a goal a game, the truth is he could cost several goals a game but for others digging him out. There are examples again yesterday of him totally losing his man from balls into the box or in behind. He is only playing because Ferguson signed him and having him starting every week with Graham and Howie sat on the bench is ridiculous. Ferguson jumping up and down on the sideline there for the 2nd and 3rd goals but it's all on him for picking Mendy. 

Certainly plenty positives from yesterday though and there should be a right good team if we can put it all together. 11 points from the first quarter is a poor return for that squad and the investment that has been made. That can be excused given there have been so many changes, and we have been helped too by the other fancied sides not setting the heather on fire so far. We need to really settle down now and put a few wins together. 

Edited by Waspie