Barry Ferguson vs Paul Hartley

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Don't know how useful it is posting relevant match information, I've still to meet a Cove Rangers fan in the wild.

But I'm sure@CoveRangers1922is a decent guy and can keep the conversation going.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/alloa-athletic-v-cove-rangers-2/

Not many of us going around and fewer on P&B but on Saturday I'm sure you'll see a few!

I'll be coming down for my first visit to the Indodrill, watched the previous encounter on stream.

Cove are starting to turn in the corner this season defensively thanks to starting to consistently get our best back 4 playing and McKenzie back in goal. Our midfield is too deep and not supportive enough of our strikeforce at times in my opinion. Hartley has signed about 8 Defensive centre mids and shawdy wingers.

Not scored more than 1 goal per game in our last 5 which is unlike us.

Mitch is without a goal in his last 5 games. Must be his longest streak in years so hoping that changes.

Interested to seeing how Alloa shape up and how the new players perform. Henderson looking good for you guys? I like Scougall, King and Niang who bossed the middle against Dumbarton in the highlights I saw.

Niang vs Fyvie will be one to watch as will Rory and Mitch vs Mendy and Durban.

I don't think Henderson will feature. He looked like he'll need a rest. Scougall says he's fine just getting over the struggle of 5 days in a hospital chair.

We've *fingers crossed* got one more signing in us but that all will be revealed by the 5pm deadline whether we get someone or not.

Edited by LeodhasXD

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Barry Ferguson vs Paul Hartley? I'd pay good money to see that fight, hate them both, hope they punch f*ck out of each other.

Oh, you're taking about the fitba? Bugger!

My money is on Barry, he's already had a warm up fight with the Alloa support and Hartley will struggle to make weight. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I don't think Henderson will feature. He looked like he'll need a rest. Scougall says he's fine just getting over the struggle of 5 days in a hospital chair.

We've *fingers crossed* got one more signing in us but that all will be revealed by the 5pm deadline whether we get someone or not.

Will Boyd likely start with Sammon?

I had high hopes we could lure Declan Glass back from Dundee United on loan until January. I heard Hartley has enquired about him but not hopeful given the window closes tomorrow. Arabs have made quite a few midfield signings with the likes of Niskanen and Levitt and they already have Fuchs, Harkes, Butcher. Their young lads Mochrie, Glass, Chalmers are all top quality and getting virtually no game time or even making match day squads. Latter clearly wouldn't drop to L1.

Interesting to see if Alloa get another signing over the line.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

16 minutes ago, The Culag said:

Previewed here - stuffy draw this one for us: (excuse shameless show plug)

Always a good listen, with plenty of analysis and insight. Muzz has it spot on for Cove; 4 midfielders dumped in the middle of the pitch with what seems like no thought of how they play together.

Saying that I hope we have Blair back starting tomorrow. He'll most likely start RW. I suspect he will play alongside Fyvie, Vigurs and Finn.

Masson didn't impress last week and I'm not convinced by Leitch. I'd probably play Leighton (LW) ahead of both currently and try to gain some width & pace. 

Will Mitch break a 5 game run without a goal?

Cove start a traditional 4-4-2.

Morgyn Neill retains his place after scoring a last minute winner which means Strachan is benched.

Fraser Fyvie is left out of the starting XI in favour of 18 year old Finn Robertson. I would have rather dropped Vigurs than Fraser.

Leitch gets a start at LW over Masson.

Screenshot_20211002-135643.jpg

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'm the other side of the pitch so might have been worse than it looked from here. Needless challenge

I'm watching the stream, so had a clear view and have seen the replays. My gut feel when he made the challenge was red. Commentators both think yellow.

Eta: It was indeed needless.

Edited by printer

Early sending off but yet Cove can't break the deadlock. Failed to score in the first half in our last 7 games.

Our build-up is far too slow and predictable. Vigurs is slowing everything right down as usual. 

MItch has had 2 half chances but apart from that Alloa are defending resolutely with little fuss.

2nd half needs to see Fyvie for Vigurs and Leighton for Leitch imo.

Ends 3-1 but that flatters Cove who again looked slow, lethargic and devoid of any really impetus going forward. 

Alloa almost snatched the lead shortly after equalising through a fine curling effort from Cawley that hit the post. 

A Rory tap in and a pen sealed the game in the last 10 minutes.

Cove go top of the league but we're by no means any better than the rest of the chasing pack.

No goals in 6 for Mitch.

Niang stays on it's clearly a totally different game.

Bad challenge from Niang put us under pressure right from the off. I thought we defended well and were unfortunate not to go ahead when Kevs kick hit the post. Another blunder from Mendy and its 2-1, neither him or Robbo covering themselves in glory in the build up to the penalty. Mendy, for all he does well during a game is costing us a goal nearly every game. Get Andy or Howie in beside Durnan. Can’t fault the fight from the 10 boys on the park today but time to rest Mendy for me.