Thistle vs Ayr 2nd October 2021

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pretty horrifically defensive. Moff does his best work with players high up around him to interplay with - he isn’t doing that with that team set up. 

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

I thought we'd stopped approaching games looking to avoid defeat. It might be a tactical masterstroke, ten to five will tell us more.

Think we need to accept Hopkin has left us with fundamental problems to fix.  The starting lineup looks a bit wonky, but feels like our hands are a little tied at the moment particularly with O’Connor and Bradley not available.  Chalmers did ok against Accies, but I would probably still have started Maxwell.  I see Afolabi has re-emerged - would be a real bonus if he could..well..take an interest.

Should be 3-0 with Holt’s miss early on. You can only imagine my surprise that it was McGinty at fault for both goals. Quite a lot of this game has been pretty poor, last 15 minutes have been better from us. Ayr have had some good periods of pressure, but created nothing.

Edit: hopefully we can kill the game off quickly, and get Hastie on for a decent run out. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

As soon as I saw the lineup it gave me the fear.

Feel like we should have waited a few more games before giving it to Duffy but the blame lies mostly at Hopkin for the squad he’s put together. Any injuries in midfield or attack and we’re absolutely humped.