Thistle vs Ayr 2nd October 2021

On 28/09/2021 at 14:01, Hammer Jag said:

I see the club are continuing to make things as difficult as possible for away fans to attend by denying them access to online ticketing and by not selling tickets on the day.

We must be in a really healthy financial position if we’re not arsed about attracting away fans or casual punters. 

Has this just been a thing since coming out of lockdown.? Can't help but think they want as many people to buy tickets and if they then need to isolate then they have already paid.

I live in Dundee and was thinking about going through to Glasgow for this but not even an option to reserve tickets to collect even an hour before the game I e-mailed Partick on Monday night to ask if this was an option but had no reply from them (checked junk mail in case). I'll just do do something else on Saturday. I'm just glad Ayr don't turn away revenue like that I'd be raging. 

8 hours ago, grazza said:

Has this just been a thing since coming out of lockdown.? Can't help but think they want as many people to buy tickets and if they then need to isolate then they have already paid.

I live in Dundee and was thinking about going through to Glasgow for this but not even an option to reserve tickets to collect even an hour before the game I e-mailed Partick on Monday night to ask if this was an option but had no reply from them (checked junk mail in case). I'll just do do something else on Saturday. I'm just glad Ayr don't turn away revenue like that I'd be raging. 

A fair number of Killie fans that live in Glasgow bought home end tickets for their recent match with Thistle. Not having a pay gate on the day must be costing clubs money. 

1 hour ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

First time going to Firhill this season, are home tickets available on the day presumably from the kiosk at the JHS? 

Provision will be made at the Jackie Husband ticket office for home supporters, without bank cards or online access, to use cash to purchase tickets for this game.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ayr-united-ticketing-update/

On 28/09/2021 at 13:31, Bishop Briggs said:

Our defence has been a shambles in recent weeks. We have been missing Brownlie (out for most of the season) and Bell at the heart of the defence. Since they got injured, McCall has played defenders out of position - McKenna CB to RB, Holt LB to CB and Foster RB to LB. 

This sounds very familiar. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Don't fancy us on Saturday and Ayr were 14/5 on B365, too good to miss with our current banter of a defense. 

If memory serves me right, I don't think we've beaten Ayr at home since the 2013 promotion season. Awful tbh. 

If we play our best defence in their right positions i would expect us to roast them but we know we will have a ramshackle defence and huff n puff as per previous games. Our best central defence was Akinola and Hodge with Foster and dare i say Gordon as left/right defence. The fact that i mention Gordon speaks volumes on how bad and disorganised our defence is.

11 minutes ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

If we play our best defence in their right positions i would expect us to roast them but we know we will have a ramshackle defence and huff n puff as per previous games. Our best central defence was Akinola and Hodge with Foster and dare i say Gordon as left/right defence. The fact that i mention Gordon speaks volumes on how bad and disorganised our defence is.

Bryan or Sandy?

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

A simple question for the Ayr fans.

Whats more important to you tomorrow - 3 points from the game or your fans managing to get through the match without creating a third incident of racism this season? 

think  the answer is pretty obvious , anyone who thinks any different must be as thick as you dumbnut