Thistle vs Ayr 2nd October 2021

41 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I see the club are continuing to make things as difficult as possible for away fans to attend by denying them access to online ticketing and by not selling tickets on the day.

We must be in a really healthy financial position if we’re not arsed about attracting away fans or casual punters. 

That sounds ominous, considering that Uncle Ian is as much of a crowdwank fanatic as the average Falkirk fan.

As for the game: dreading this far far far less than I was at the start of the season. A clean sheet would be perfectly fine. You can't really judge Partick on form under McCall as it's always been schizophrenic.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

I see the club are continuing to make things as difficult as possible for away fans to attend by denying them access to online ticketing and by not selling tickets on the day.

We must be in a really healthy financial position if we’re not arsed about attracting away fans or casual punters. 

It’s an absolute shambles. Literally knocking back thousands of pounds worth of matchday income each home game for no reason.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I stand by it. Our midfielders and attackers are mostly among the better ones in the division, but our defence is fucking brutal. 

I said when we signed Hastie I wouldn't swap our group of him, Graham, Rudden, Tiffoney, Turner, and Smith for any other team's 6 best attacking players in the division, and although Hastie hasn't kicked his arse yet and Smith has underwhelmed so far I'm just about happy to stand by that. 

Problems are obviously finding a shape to get the best out of them, the similarlity of Bannigan and Docherty and the repeated f**k ups in defence and in goal. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Much like Morton last Saturday, I think Thistle are due a result and McCall will have them up for Saturday. 

0-0 or 1-1 

Adeloye. Purely because he's due. Docherty, Purely because ex-players always come back to haunt us. 

Nah if any ex player is scoring against us this week it's Cammy Smith.  

13 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Crunch game here for Duffy. Win this and I think he will get the job permanently. Lose then I think Smith will have very little choice but to look at other options.  

Can't see that. Surely Duffy's steadied the ship and anyone can lose a game here and there  in this league, especially away from home against one of the more fancied sides. Just can't see Duffy being rushed out the door any time soon.  Plus his next game after Maryhill is against QOS ....

Think Afolabi will be back for this one, wonder if Duffy can revive his Ayr career. O’Connor was looking to be another one who wouldn’t make the grade until Duffy took charge, so hoping he can kick on. Think McKenzie will come in for O’Connor.

Albinson

Fjortoft Baird McGinty Reading 

Murdoch Muirhead Salkeld

Bradley Adeloye McKenzie

Subs: McAdams, McAllister, Hewitt, Maxwell, Chalmers, Moffat, Afolabi

ETA, did we play a back 3 v Morton and have Salkeld RWB or did he play in midfield? 

Edited by callum-ayr

Moffat has to start, no one has even close to the capability to play the role in behind Adeloye that he does. 

Albinson

Fjortoft        McGinty     Baird       Reading 

Bradley      Murdoch    Muirhead    Maxwell

Moffat 

Adeloye 

Personally, I would favour changing the back four about - but they haven’t conceded in the previous two games we they have earned their starts at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Moffat has to start, no one has even close to the capability to play the role in behind Adeloye that he does. 

Albinson

Fjortoft        McGinty     Baird       Reading 

Bradley      Murdoch    Muirhead    Maxwell

Moffat 

Adeloye 

Personally, I would favour changing the back four about - but they haven’t conceded in the previous two games we they have earned their starts at the moment. 

If fit I would change Maxwell for McAllister , Thistle have a strong midfield and I feel Bradley and Maxwell are both lightweight and don’t like to put many tackles in 

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If fit I would change Maxwell for McAllister , Thistle have a strong midfield and I feel Bradley and Maxwell are both lightweight and don’t like to put many tackles in 

That did enter my thinking as well tbh,  but I think having two full backs either side of midfield would leave us lacking in any kind creativity. Plus you already have Fjortoft in behind Bradley, so you are already limited attacking wise that side (but stronger defensively) I don’t think Maxwell is overly lightweight either tbh. 

By all accounts Thistle are poor defensively too, so we want to get at them.