Livingston v St. Mirren, 02/10/21

7 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

That’s the least nervous I’ve ever been watching us hold a 1-0 lead, absolutely strolled the last period of the game. Not our best game going forward but we were far better in the middle of the park and very disciplined all round. 

Indeed, Livingston didn't have a single SoT in the 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Shouldn't have lost the game but did because we were toothless up front. 

Hamilton should have been on instead of Anderson. Decisions like that make you seriously question the manager because the latter is hopeless.

St. Mirren defending the punts up well but didn't have a serious question to answer until the last 15 minutes. Ludicrous tactics against a massive backline. 

Dreadful attempt from Bailey when he had a 1 on 1. Even if Shaughnessy (who would improve us immensely) hadn't have blocked it, it was going straight at Alnwick. Zero composure at a crucial moment.

In the first half we squeezed up high on Livi and forced them onto long balls which often ended up out the park. Livi were far more threatening when you's managed to get the ball to the likes of Forrest.

You's weren't terrible tbh, the keeper cost you a point today, whereas ours won us all 3.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:

If only Livi TV could remove a microphone from near the constant screaming brats

Good to have have kids coming to games but yeah, I had mute towards the end.

Was much preferable in the first half when comms wasn't working.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've been fairly critical of him, but Ethan was very good today. Really applied himself. The sort of workrate we need to see from him every time.

Great result, though - bit of breathing space between us and the dross at the bottom of the league. 

Him and Power were excellent today. Done exactly what was asked of them. They do the dirty side of the game that we don't really appreciate, so the likes of Ronan and McGrath have the freedom to do the fancier side of things. It just so happens Ethan decided to go for a wander up the park, fair enough the keeper has to save that but if you don't shoot you don't score.

A goal and assist in the his last 2 games. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Nerve wracking last 10 minutes plus the stoppage time.

Thought my heart was going to pack out watching us simply clear our lines straight to Livi players.

On another day, Livi could have won that so quite happy with the 3 points.

Maybe our players can relax a wee bit now and stop panicking so much during matches because that was a tough watch in spells.

I like Main - I really do - but as soon as he's on the park we resort to going long and it really doesn't suit either us or him.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

In the first half we squeezed up high on Livi and forced them onto long balls which often ended up out the park. Livi were far more threatening when you's managed to get the ball to the likes of Forrest.

Not to take away from you but even without pressure I think some of the distribution would go out of play. I think with the current players available, long ball with the aim of winning second balls is the way to go and I don't think it will happen with Shinnie (Celtic aside) or Anderson up there. 

Agree we were better on the ground but just don't have the confidence in the centre backs and goalie for us to play like that (see Rangers in the cup).

Also agree we aren't terrible and we will have a chance if we can get our best 11 playing. Problem is, I don't think anyone knows our best 11 as we signed a stupidly big squad. Very frustrating to persist with options that aren't working when you have seemingly capable players not getting a chance to show what they can do. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Thought my heart was going to pack out watching us simply clear our lines straight to Livi players.

Maybe our players can relax a wee bit now and stop panicking so much during matches because that was a tough watch in spells.

This is where guys like Power, Shaughnessy, Fraser all come into play. They have been there and done it in this league, they have experience of grinding out results. Livi definitely could have won it, it was sort of a reversal of the league cup semi between the teams last season.

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The sight of the Livi player - Bailey, I think? - getting injured off the pitch, and crawling back onto it to receive treatment and therefore slow the game down when his team are the ones chasing a deficit was fucking hilarious. Moron.

Martindale should fine him a weeks wages for that patter. He came back on and ran about loads as well. 

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Martindale should fine him a weeks wages for that patter. He came back on and ran about loads as well. 

No he didn't? He was subbed off without coming back onto the park. It was Bailey though aye, on loan from Birmingham(?)

Another drab game,St.Mirren probably just deserved the win,Martindale has nowhere to hide,changes needed before it's too late

4-3-3 

Stryjek    2/10  Not much to do, mistake costs another 3 points
McMillan   1/10  Done nothing
Fizzywater 3/10  Stood of Saints player for the goal, stretched all over the place
Obileye    4/10  Lapses  in concentration, his nickname should be Sleepy The Dreamer 
Longridge  4/10  Caught out of position, constant fouling
Omeonga    6/10  Good runner in middle, but over runs the ball too much, which ends up him fouling
Holt           6/10  Good engine does what's asked, too much fouling in every game
Penrice    3/10  In the game more second half, still not good enough
Forrest    7/10  Tried hard, best player today
Shinnie    1/10  Be aswell sitting in the stand
Bailey     2/10   Just can't  get himself into the games, Livi system doesn't help

Anderson   1/10  Done nothing for the 40 minutes
Hamilton   1/10  Done nothing for the 12 minutes
Devlin     5/10  Done ok for the 26 minutes

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale has to go now. Has to.  Shocking. 

Stryjek needs punted as well.

Listening to the Livi fans during the game, that’s the first time I have heard that kind of frustration from you, it was almost St Mirren’esque. 
Normally one of the most pragmatic and easy going set of fans in the league but there was real genuine anger towards Martindale and some of the players today.

Livid Lions 😯

Edited by Torfason

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The sight of the Livi player - Bailey, I think? - getting injured off the pitch, and crawling back onto it to receive treatment and therefore slow the game down when his team are the ones chasing a deficit was fucking hilarious. Moron.

Aye, that saga and Stryjek bumbling up to the halfway line were the highlights for me.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

Listening to the Livi fans during the game, that’s the first time I have heard that kind of frustration from you, it was almost St Mirren’esque. 
Normally one of the most pragmatic and easy going set of fans in the league but there was real genuine anger towards Martindale and some of the players today.

He was staring fans down he were shouting at the team. Genuinely turning around to make eye contact with folk and throwing his hands about. Spent half the game in the dugout with his head in his hands. 

He's stuck over thinking things and playing far too defensive. He's played a midfielder up front three games in a row now. He has two strikers in Anderson and Hamilton who could have a great partnership but he's scared of playing attacking football. We've got a CDM as our best CB in Obileye. He panic bought Sean Kelly to play at CB despite his last club being a Falkirk side that bottled the league and then playoffs. 

His squad building has been atrocious this season, he's got about 9 CMs signed up.

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't get this at all, I thought we did a really good job of keeping the ball and playing out of defence even in injury time.