Dundee United v Ross County - 2nd October 2021

The Ross County forum is borderline sickening at this point if I'm honest. People only finding issue with Courts showing the T-shirt and nothing else. Any sort of negative comment about the club or manager means you're a Caley supporter as well apparently.  The club has always had  out of touch fans who don't really understand modern views on certain subjects but this is the worst I've seen it.

3 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

The Ross County forum is borderline sickening at this point if I'm honest. People only finding issue with Courts showing the T-shirt and nothing else. Any sort of negative comment about the club or manager means you're a Caley supporter as well apparently.  The club has always had  out of touch fans who don't really understand modern views on certain subjects but this is the worst I've seen it.

There's a strong argument just to leave them to it but I think it's important to provide balance so I'm continuing to chip in occasionally, even if it's not appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

There's a strong argument just to leave them to it but I think it's important to provide balance so I'm continuing to chip in occasionally, even if it's not appreciated.

Yeah I've seen you chip in a few times, far too sensible for the majority on there. I don't post on there because I know if I did I'd become a seething mess.

Tbf every single club forum is a breeding ground of morons and dregs.

Aberdeens AFC Chat site is one of the worst going for homophobic abuse.

Guest Shetlie60N
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf every single club forum is a breeding ground of morons and dregs.

Aberdeens AFC Chat site is one of the worst going for homophobic abuse.

Well said , good and bad everywhere. 

Every club has good and bad. There is a brain donor behind me who boos taking the knee every week.

He's also a man in what looks like his early 50s whose weekly hilight appears to be taking cheap speed on a Saturday afternoon and wearing fake designer gear from the 90s so I feel sorry for him more than anything.. 

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Every club has good and bad. There is a brain donor behind me who boos taking the knee every week.

He's also a man in what looks like his early 50s whose weekly hilight appears to be taking cheap speed on a Saturday afternoon and wearing fake designer gear from the 90s so I feel sorry for him more than anything.. 

Has anyone challenged him/her/them on this?

7 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

The general consensus is "we're playing okay football, let's forget the racism".

Which is depressing as hell.

20 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I was strongly in the camp that says everyone deserves a chance to show these changed. He’s clearly had his chance and blew it. This was a club I was proud to support, with the emphasis on was.

The thing I don't get, is that this was an ideal opportunity to prove he was a reformed character. All he needed to do was condemn racism outright, and to say he fully supported any investigation. That was all. Had he done that, I think a lot of people might have thought he had learned from what he did all those years ago. As it is, he still has never shown any repentance for what he did, and his statement after the game on Saturday show, at least to me, that he has learned f**k all.

15 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The thing I don't get, is that this was an ideal opportunity to prove he was a reformed character. All he needed to do was condemn racism outright, and to say he fully supported any investigation. That was all. Had he done that, I think a lot of people might have thought he had learned from what he did all those years ago. As it is, he still has never shown any repentance for what he did, and his statement after the game on Saturday show, at least to me, that he has learned f**k all.

The worrying thing is, the club, McGregor, Ferguson, anyone with a modicum of sense should have recognised that and jumped at it. I hope it was incompetence, but worry it wasn’t.