Dundee United v Ross County - 2nd October 2021

United were pretty decent 1st half. 2nd half Clark was clearly done in, we desperately need another striker. 

Whichever county fan it was needs their puss slapped and educated. 

Brilliant stuff from TC at the end. 

Players look like they are enjoying playing their football again and dare I see it Tam has far surpassed expectations so far. 

Keep it up young man and you'll cement the backing of the fans, even the doubters. 

21 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

United were pretty decent 1st half. 2nd half Clark was clearly done in, we desperately need another striker. 

Whichever county fan it was needs their puss slapped and educated. 

Brilliant stuff from TC at the end. 

Players look like they are enjoying playing their football again and dare I see it Tam has far surpassed expectations so far. 

Keep it up young man and you'll cement the backing of the fans, even the doubters. 

Maybe I should only be looking forward rather than looking back but the performances of players like Pawlett and Harkes call into question Mellon’s management style.

Re: the game, two shite teams kicking lumps out each other. United could have put 4 past us but lack ambition and were content to sit back. Not how I would want my football played but cant argue with the results. 

We are shite.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe I should only be looking forward rather than looking back but the performances of players like Pawlett and Harkes call into question Mellon’s management style.

I think bringing Levitt in has made a massive difference to Harkes. With Jeando buzzing about taking all responsibility for winning the ball and Levitt happy to sit fairly deep and actually play a forward pass, it's freed up Harkes to play closer to the front 3 with whom he's shown some nice interplay.

Pawlett too has been deployed almost as an inside forward and looks a lot better for it however he is also looking fit for the first time in 3 years.

First half looked like good progress for United. Always going to be happy seeing a winger involved in a few chances created and good for him to get his goal. 

Plenty nice wee passing sequences first half, it just fell apart a bit second half. Hope there's truth in the 'looking at out-of-contract striker' rumours, could really add a lot to this squad just having that extra option.

Still happily take a clean sheet home win though.

United were very decent in the first half (and similar to the game in Paisley should have had 2 or 3 by half time)and pretty poor imho in the second, leaving the team hanging on and us all shiting ourselves for the best part of the second half.

County defence was all over the place in the first half and we should have taken advantage more than we did, and can’t help but think Clark is somehow lacking in confidence. There has been a few times over the past few weeks he has tried to walk it into the net rather than shooting, (which he has proven many times that he is very good at).

Fucking mental that we have scored 1 goal less than County this season yet are 11 points ahead of them, but goes to show the value of a solid defence.

Was absolutely vital to win today imo. No point in a very credible draw away to Celtic if you can’t back it up with a win at home against a team struggling at the bottom. 

That they did and I am very impressed. A few more doubters perhaps won over again this week.

P2BAA