Hamilton Accies v Caley Thistle - The Charlie Trafford Derby

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We don’t play Hamilton again until December.

Yeah I, or LiveFootballOnTV.com, got mixed up there. Should have been Partick Thistle rather than Dunfermline.

As usual, we've put in a distinctly bland performance. Not sure we deserve to be down by 2 but a draw would be flattering us right now

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Can’t argue with the score line at half time at all. We have been awful. Only glimmer of hope is that we are against 10 men. Hopefully Dodds can get them to produce another second half performance like the one against Partick.

Get Duku hooked for Billy Mckay.

Mimnaugh managed to get himself sent off by miscontrolling the ball & diving in while on a yellow yet Inverness didn't really create all that much a man up for an hour.

Decent defensive performance from Accies after taking the few chances to shoot early on.

Very good result for us considering how each team's season had been going so far!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Deserved win for Accies. We were rotten for too much of that game to deserve anything. Nice finishes for both of their goals but really poor defending from our point of view.

After the sending off it was almost all ICT but we created pretty much nothing of note. Half hearted penalty appeals in the second half and a wonderful strike from Gardyne, easily our best player, were all we had to show for our possession.

Accies defended well and easily coped with our timid attempts to get back into the game. We had to lose sometime but I am very disappointed at how poor we were today.

Definitely better from Accies. Popescu and Want are looking like a good partnership and Andy Ryan's performances continue to be crazy - he was a really vocal captain too. A goal, assist and 90 minutes for Lewis Smith is v promising as we really, really need him to provide this season. I think the team are getting to grips with #theprocess but I suppose it's more about whether #theprocess itself is actually any good.

Despite what their fans are saying, Inverness looked like a good side to me. Well-coached offensively and had some nice passages of play. That may end up becoming too predictable and robotic though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Easy win even playing with 10 men for 60 mins was a piece of piss.

As the caller above says Want/Popescu looks solid AF. Ryan was great aswell.

The weird flex was why did Taylor/Matheson decide to give Gardyne 20+ yards of space for the full second half? The fat sack of shit was always going to punish us eventually.

I didnt think the ref was too bad apart from 12 or 13 mins of injury time between the 2 halfs was way over the top.

Comfortable win as ICT didnt really create a decent chance till the lad hit the bar late on.

Want and Popescu both looled good and congratulations to Mimnaugh whose stupid decision to put in a challenge like that was actually worse than Hamilton's at Arbroath a few weeks ago.

I didnt think the ref was too bad apart from 12 or 13 mins of injury time between the 2 halfs was way over the top.
Comfortable win as ICT didnt really create a decent chance till the lad hit the bar late on.
Want and Popescu both looled good and congratulations to Mimnaugh whose stupid decision to put in a challenge like that was actually worse than Hamilton's at Arbroath a few weeks ago.

To be fair to was 5mins in first half after 2 lengthy stoppages with 1 sub and 4mins in the second half with 4 subs and Fulton booked for time wasting

Fantastic performance, two great goals, but the best part was how well we defended, we stood up and handled pretty much everything they threw at us. Signs of a bit of fight in the team which has been sorely missed over the last few years.

Inverness maybe suffering from an overconfidence issue, as they looked very average today and have only dropped points to the bottom 2 teams.

So many great individual performances, easily 7 or 8 candidates for motm, I think Want is getting better with every game. Virtanen got stuck in, think that was the best performance from a central/defensive midfielder so far. Ryan was immense again, and closest thing to a leader we've had for a while, imo should keep the armband.

Mimnaugh was silly today and was rightly sent off as both challenges were bookable. However as has been said, the referee was an absolute joke today, if there was any proper mediation on these things, that would be flagged.

Hopefully we can continue this, as with our current squad it's inevitable we'll have low points, so we must take advantage of the good ones when they come along.

I was all for Dodds making the early sub but I think it ended up being the wrong decision due to the sending off happening a few minutes later, nothing he could have done to change that tbf.

The game was crying out for us to have 2 wingers on the pitch to stretch the game but with that sub we had Roddy out on the right and he prefers, and is much better, coming into the middle of the pitch. I only watched the stream of the game but it looked like Sutherland, who came on for Walsh, had a bit of a nightmare. I can think of at least 4 occasions where the ball was played into his feet on the edge of the Hamilton box, with us having plenty of options around him, and his first touch was horrendous and completely killed the move. Hindsight is obviously a great thing but MacGregor in that position or even McKay or Jamieson would have ended up much more effective imo.

I think today showed more than anything how lacking in depth we are in defence. Having to change two players positions for Devine being out is a bit ridiculous.

Still thought, we are 3 points clear and if you said to me at the start of the season we would have won 6 drawn 1 and lost 1 after 8 games I would have bitten your hand off.

Edited by PB1994