Rangers vs Hibernian - 03/10/21

1 minute ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Maybe he never? The ref obviously never seen it either. I don't see why this is such a major issue honestly. Porteous was receiving criticism from quite a few players, so why is it so wrong for a manager to call it out?

To miss an incident once is unfortunate, to miss two seems careless, when he ends up continually missing contentious issues it starts to form a pattern of avoidance.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

To miss an incident once is unfortunate, to miss two seems careless, when he ends up continually missing contentious issues it starts to form a pattern of avoidance.

And when he seen it he criticised him. If you can't see it properly then he can't criticise. He obviously seen all the Porteous challenges, which you could hardly miss as he comes flying in like some sort of scud missile. The boy has attributes, but he's an idiot.

20 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

How can you take the people on this thread who think that it was a red card seriously when they are the same people who think a nine year old club has 55 league titles.

I'm glad to hear that the non-Rangers fans who believe it was a red card also respect our long and illustrious history.

1 minute ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

And when he seen it he criticised him.

Not the case though, it's only when he is forced into a position does he do that. That said, it's no different to other managers, and I gave an example of our manager doing that too regarding diving. The point I'm making isn't that Gerrard shouldn't or won't say whatever, it's that he is painting himself into the corner, again especially with Morelos in your side.

4 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

I’m finding it difficult to care too much about the porteous thing after watching the soldiers abseiling down the stand for armed forces day. It’s just fucking weird.

That was really odd. 

Hibs' decision to challenge Porteous' sending off is, imo, more about them not having enough defensive cover than expecting it to be overturned. The thing is there's an international break so appealing in the hope that he could play the next game is pointless as the decision will be made before Hibs meet United.

I would genuinely be stunned if that is overturned.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hibs' decision to challenge Porteous' sending off is, imo, more about them not having enough defensive cover than expecting it to be overturned. The thing is there's an international break so appealing in the hope that he could play the next game is pointless as the decision will be made before Hibs meet United

No it isnt.

We have 2 centre halfs to cover, McGregor and Wood (England u20 captain) so we are fine there.

Also.............do you think Hibs dont know how the appeals system and dates works?

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hibs' decision to challenge Porteous' sending off is, imo, more about them not having enough defensive cover than expecting it to be overturned. The thing is there's an international break so appealing in the hope that he could play the next game is pointless as the decision will be made before Hibs meet United.

I would genuinely be stunned if that is overturned.

I would genuinely be stunned if you could make a rational point. 

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

No he didnt.

Well when he says that it looked fine at first but looked bad from the angle behind the goals, and then asked how the referee and linesman could give it if they never had that view, then what do you think his take is on the tackle?

It sounds like his complaint is about the referee "guessing" rather than it not actually being a red card offence.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Well when he says that it looked fine at first but looked bad from the angle behind the goals, and then asked how the referee and linesman could give it if they never had that view, then what do you think his take is on the tackle?

It sounds like his complaint is about the referee "guessing" rather than it not actually being a red card offence.

You have an opinion, which is fine..............but just to be clear - you said that JR said it was a red card in his post match comments.

He didnt.

In the full interview he also said that Porteous has Hibs full support which is presumably why an appeal has been launched.

It will fail, imo

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You have an opinion, which is fine..............but just to be clear - you said that JR said it was a red card in his post match comments.

He didnt.

In the full interview he also said that Porteous has Hibs full support which is presumably why an appeal has been launched.

It will fail, imo

I never said JR said it was a red card - I said his comments indicated he thought it was a red card i.e. he implied it. Why else would he comment that the tackle looked bad from a certain angle and then complain that the referee made the decision without seeing the incident from that angle?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I never said JR said it was a red card - I said his comments indicated he thought it was a red card i.e. he implied it. Why else would he comment that the tackle looked bad from a certain angle and then complain that the referee made the decision without seeing the incident from that angle?

What a fucking slaver