Rangers vs Hibernian - 03/10/21

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I have been out. Just back and seen the red card.

That's a dreadful decision in one of our matches 2 weeks on the trot (pen for us last week as well).

You really do have to wonder how these officials can get it so badly wrong? I don't want VAR, just vague competence from officials....

It's your last three games where there have been abysmal referring decisions, don't forget. It's just that this week, for once, they didn't go in your favour.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I said, playing them in Glasgow is almost pointless, as referees let them play by different rules.

Its honestly mind bending that both these clubs have fanbases convinced the refs are out to get them, they literally get every advantage going.

Most just think they’re incompetent, not biased from what I see. Hard to disagree. 

Thats now 3 red cards for opponents, alongside 2 penalties to Rangers for separate incidents, in the last 6 games Nick Walsh has refereed Rangers in.

Just now, Orbix said:

Most just think they’re incompetent, not biased from what I see. Hard to disagree. 

I'd believe that if the vast majority of their "incompetent" decisions didn't favour the same clubs over and over again, tbh.

15 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Don't know what you mean by that. It was the one where McGregor pointlessly hoofed McNulty in the small of the back while McNulty was walking away from him

It was. Apparently they got back into the changing rooms, McGregor was protesting his innocence and telling the squad he’d done nothing, and Gerrard walked in and said ‘what the f**k is wrong with you?’

Halliday was talking about it on a podcast.

Satisfying result. Hibs looked good 11v11, well worth their lead. Red card tackle seemed aggressive in real time but couldn’t see from where I was how high it was. Seeing the video above it’s 50/50 - no way VAR would deem it a clear and obvious error and overturn it.

Lundstram bossed it when it became 11v10 but it’s a worry he only seemed to come alive when he has time on the ball.

Porto goes home crying. Boyle is embarrassing. Alfie bags the winner. Good night and god bless.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Poor @RandomGuy. has been timpilled. 

He’ll be writing letters about Resolution 12 soon enough.

I'm guessing that means I'm somehow Celtic minded, by the use of "tim"?

You must've missed the multiple posts about them I've made in this very thread m8.

It is possible to not favour either side you know.

6 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's your last three games where there have been abysmal referring decisions, don't forget. It's just that this week, for once, they didn't go in your favour.

Fuckin hell, you need to stop obsessing about Hibs and get yourself a ride.........

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm guessing that means I'm somehow Celtic minded, by the use of "tim"?

You must've missed the multiple posts about them I've made in this very thread m8.

It is possible to not favour either side you know.

Not really mate, it’s just that it’s only really the mad Celtic fans that go on rants about referees. Well, them and @Ric

You’re right though, maybe the referees do favour the Old Firm. That would explain why they never get red cards at home. Or maybe it’s because referees are easily influenced by crowds, and the OF pay a fortune for players while the team they’re playing every week is fielding a collection of useless jobbers who spend the game with 11 players 30 yards from goal.

Tough to know!

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

...that go on rants about referees. Well, them and @Ric

:blink:

Go on, link me such content...

Edit: Now I've been summoned by G51, allow me to give my two cents worth. Shame Rangers won, it's always nice when the top of the table is devoid of OF teams, that said of all the people who hubris would get them into trouble it's Porteous.

Edited by Ric

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Not really mate, it’s just that it’s only really the mad Celtic fans that go on rants about referees. Well, them and @Ric

You’re right though, maybe the referees do favour the Old Firm. That would explain why they never get red cards at home. Or maybe it’s because referees are easily influenced by crowds, and the OF pay a fortune for players while the team they’re playing every week is fielding a collection of useless jobbers who spend the game with 11 players 30 yards from goal.

Tough to know!

I'd believe it was down to fan pressure, or teams sitting deep, if I didn't see decisions like this pass over without a red card in front of empty stands tbh.

0_Rangers-v-St-Johnstone-Scottish-Premie

Not 100% why the amount of shots we have affects decisions like that, but here we are.