Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - 2 October 2021

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Good showing from Hearts, second half not so much. Concerning how many defensive injuries we're picking up and our replacement is Halliday...

That seemed a really weird move. Not sure why we needed to move 2 players when we could have just slotted Haring in there. The international break is probably coming at a good time for us as far as injuries are concerned.

That and Boyce's penalty miss knocked us out of our rhythm a bit and gave Motherwell a lift.  They had their moments after that and could have nicked a goal and put the pressure on.

We were very good again prior to that, though. I've been cautious about our prospects this season and didn't expect much other than an uninspiring midtable finish, but we're looking strong all over the pitch and there's no reason we can't be right in the mix for third now. It's amazing what happens when you give a decent budget to a proper recruitment team.

Thought we were superb for an hour.  Gritted it out last half hour but as said further up, bringing on Halliday was a really odd decision that made us far more unbalanced than Haring would have.  

The two in the middle of the park are class and McKay has both started well and just as importantly, brought Smith on a huge amount as an attacking threat.

Just need the **** to let me into Ibrox now

Kelly has been immense for us and was a large part in us staying up.
Absolute horror-show today though

To be fair he was hung out to dry by his defence.it was hardly an unforced error

And he surely achieved some kind of redemption on the second penalty

It clearly wasn’t their day but according to the table Motherwell are now the best team we’ve beaten so far and that was a big 3 points for hearts.

It all got a bit grumpy and nasty towards the end but it was a good game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be fair he was hung out to dry by his defence.it was hardly an unforced error

And he surely achieved some kind of redemption on the second penalty

He was really shite for the free-kick as well to be fair. There was only ever one place Kingsley was putting that and he was nowhere near it, despite it being on his side.

Well beaten for the first time in the league and to be fair I think Hearts have been the best team we've played. 

No coming back from a nightmare of a start, so the 2nd half was fairly inconsequential. 

For me today reinforced our need for another starting midfielder as I felt we struggled a bit. 

Just back from that and Hearts deserved their win .

What was going through Kelly head after 2 minutes is beyond me, absolutely no need to come out as the ball was almost out the park. Goalkeepers defy logical decision making sometimes, its like something short circuits in their brains. He also moved slightly left at the free kick and was never going to get back in time. If we had only taken that chance just before half time it may  have changed things. Redeemed himself a tad at the penalty but not his best game and his distribution was a bit astray but I will put that down to the conditions.

Its pretty plain to a blind man we need to look at our midfield in January. What we have just won't cut it. O'Hara and Grimshaw were headless chickens chasing Hearts shadows. Slattery is starting to look like a forlorn Campbell last season having to do everything himself.

Also some frustrating wrong choices in the last third which could have easily been stopped if the player actually looked up and into the box before making their decision. Schoolboy stuff.

As for the manager those subs should and could have been made a lot sooner and did not allow the players any time to make an impact.

Came away feeling frustrated more than disappointed in the performance

Edited by Well Well

Didn't feel Motherwell would be a problem for us today tbh and it proved to be the case, got a wee bit sloppy after the penalty miss to make it three otherwise could have been looking at 4 or 5 but we move on as league leaders.

Next.

We were excellent for about an hour, some of the football we played going forward was excellent and Barrie McKay makes Smith look like a different player. 

After the penalty miss we went a bit flat, but Motherwell improved and the Halliday sub was odd, unbalanced us for a bit. 

Haring was good when he came on, made some vital tackles/headers and helped us see it out without much fuss 

Once Woodward gets a goal I reckon he'll be flying, that's quite a few good efforts he's had from distance with no reward.

There’s something quite ironic about the game that we lose is the game we probably finally had the better chances in the game compared to the opposition.

At the time I thought there was a dive for the free kick but I take that back after seeing the highlights. The second penalty for me is still a dive. Liam Kelly clearly has to do better for both goals. I’ve no idea why he came out for the first and he took a step the wrong direction for the second. Still, he’ll win us more points than he’ll lose us.

In general play there wasn’t much in it but I did feel Motherwell just about shaded it.

We go again as the shite Twitter updates say.

4 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

There’s something quite ironic about the game that we lose is the game we probably finally had the better chances in the game compared to the opposition.

At the time I thought there was a dive for the free kick but I take that back after seeing the highlights. The second penalty for me is still a dive. Liam Kelly clearly has to do better for both goals. I’ve no idea why he came out for the first and he took a step the wrong direction for the second. Still, he’ll win us more points than he’ll lose us.

In general play there wasn’t much in it but I did feel Motherwell just about shaded it.

We go again as the shite Twitter updates say.

Motherwell had the better chances.

Motherwell shaded it in open play. 

Some take that.

Edited by Tony Wonder

I assume he arrived around 4 o’clock

The point is that there wasn’t much in the game at all. On another day we could have won. I’ve been to Tynecastle plenty of times where we’ve been pumped but today wasn’t one of those days.

You certainly didn’t have any better chances than Watt just on half time or Woolery just after the penalty save which was kind of my point.

On another note the referee was abysmal for both teams. Some of the yellows we had in the first half were baffling likewise some of the yellows Hearts had in the second.

Watt's effort was class, as was the Van Veen volley. However neither are what I'd call good chances, they were individual pieces of skill made out of nothing. Anyway, we can fart and piss about who was better and who wasn't, three points stay with the Champions elect. 8)