Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - 2 October 2021

Watt's effort was class, as was the Van Veen volley. However neither are what I'd call good chances, they were individual pieces of skill made out of nothing. Anyway, we can fart and piss about who was better and who wasn't, three points stay with the Champions elect. default_cool.png

I meant the rebound from Gordon’s save from Mugabi for Watt. He should have buried it.

Woolery scuffed his shot when one on one and Gordon did great to save it away from the feet of the on rushing attacker who I think was O’Hara.

For me I left the game still being positive but I’ll accept that Hearts were 2 up early doors and could have raised their level.

10 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Watt's effort was class, as was the Van Veen volley. However neither are what I'd call good chances, they were individual pieces of skill made out of nothing. Anyway, we can fart and piss about who was better and who wasn't, three points stay with the Champions elect. 8)

Well exactly. If those were "good chances" so was Woodward's effort.  

Thought Hearts were pretty dominant first half until a few minutes left and Motherwell came into it a bit. 

Devlin, Woodburn and especially Beni were very good in midfield and we look so comfortable in possession. Silly from their keeper for the pen, gave us the early goal that meant we'll had to come out and try play. 

I think Motherwell were better second half and created a couple chances themselves. Two good teams but hearts better on the day. 

Ref watch, thought he was good first half but lost it a bit in regards the cards. 

27 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I meant the rebound from Gordon’s save from Mugabi for Watt. He should have buried it.

Woolery scuffed his shot when one on one and Gordon did great to save it away from the feet of the on rushing attacker who I think was O’Hara.

For me I left the game still being positive but I’ll accept that Hearts we’re 2 up early doors and could have raised their level.

Actually because you mentioned him, I thought big Bevis did your lads a right good turn today.

I thought Kelly pulled out of the challenge for the penalty, could be wrong, but he could have pulled out earlier and avoided the question.  For the free kick I knew it was going in the corner, it didn’t, it was more central and Kelly should have caught it.

The stuff up the other end was a bit of a mystery as my glasses journeyed to London Kings Cross on the LNER, although I predicted the second penalty to go down the middle.

We had our chances, never took them and seem to be convinced that a backwards pass is the answer.

37 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

For me I left the game still being positive but I’ll accept that Hearts we’re 2 up early doors and could have raised their level.

Pretty much this.

If you look at the game we did restrict Hearts to very little in terms of chances for the first half so our defending was fine. Hearts might have put more into attacks if they weren't ahead.

2 really bad goals to lose. And I think we lost our heads in the first half. Far too much chasing the ball, we have been successful having the forwards sit in a shape and stop opponents playing through midfield. today the forward were chasing too much, the O'hara or Grimshaw have to go out to the full back and leave us short in the middle.

Too much playing out from the back too. I think we were much more successful when we went long and played the game in Hearts half. I don't think our line up has the ability to pass through teams so eventually you are waiting for a long ball or a difficult pass to give away the ball. When we set out to go long we were winning the scraps and creating attacks off the back of that.

But Hearts never had to get out of second gear.

Boyce is by far the best striker we have come up against this season. He caused us a lot of issues.

Was laughing at hearts fans singing f**k the SFA after getting 2 soft pens, having been awarded the most penalties in the league they are now leading. Aye guys the SFA are sure out to get you...

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Was laughing at hearts fans singing f**k the SFA after getting 2 soft pens, having been awarded the most penalties in the league they are now leading. Aye guys the SFA are sure out to get you...

Our constant penalty awards this season are certainly nothing to complain about, but that's not why we call them naughty words. 

afCM0oK.gif

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't go on Kickback very often, but I had a wee look. Folk, I assume with massive head injuries, are questioning Boyce for not having a good enough all round game. 

Lunatics.

Oh come on, we both know 90% of Hearts fans are utterly unbearable idiots

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

What's this 'there wasn't much in it' patter? 

2 nil at half time absolutely flattered Motherwell.  We were by far the better team 

tbf you created almost nothing outside of those goals.

I think hearts were better but they weren't cutting through us and missing sitters.

21 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

tbf you created almost nothing outside of those goals.

I think hearts were better but they weren't cutting through us and missing sitters.

We had several chances and your goalie a decent save or two. There was also GMS' brainfart attempt from 40 yards when a pass to one of two players would've seen a third. Oh, and the missed penalty. We could've had six, easy.

Motherwell good in patches but far too dirty.