Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - 2 October 2021

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

No disagreement here -  but hes not playing today so why would I comment on him in this match thread when its Kelly thats having the shocker???

Oh right so I guess watching Kelly in the season opener and then today (where he made his first error in 8 games) disqualified him in your eyes .... ignoring all the other stuff inbetween ..... ok good shout

1 minute ago, Kapowzer said:

Oh right so I guess watching Kelly in the season opener and then today (where he made his first error in 8 games) disqualified him in your eyes .... ignoring all the other stuff inbetween ..... ok good shout

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Unlucky not to grab a goal there right at the end of the half.

Been poor, similarly to our previous performances, sit in tight at the back and hopefully take our chances when they come.

Some weeks it works, others it doesn’t, gifted hearts two goals today, not a lot GA can do about that.

Absolutely terrible from front to back. Not a single performance that I would say was even passable.

Passes didn't work, we let them in and then only tackle in the bloody box. Give daft penalties and more.

Ffs ojala lost his mind midway into the first half.

Ojala and Kelly let us down badly in the first half. Kelly at least slightly redeemed himself with the penalty save.

Would start Sol next week, if still injured, go with Mugabi and Lamie.

Edited by ZX1886

We had so many chances to get back into that game, but I guess our conversion rate was unsustainable. Amazingly that must have been the fewest chances we've conceded from open play. That miss before the half time whistle was criminal.

The penalties looked soft, but the shite effort for the second gave us a glimmer, then Woolery shat himself when he had a chance to score. I'm just surprised he didn't find a way to pass that one backwards. Van Veen looked hungover.

That was the first time I've saw Beni, some player. Gordon could probably play another ten years.

Poor, poor showing.

No idea what went through Kelly's head at the pen. Late reacting to start with, but should then just have retreated to his line. Crazy decision to dive in that put us up against it right from the off.

Can't really think of anyone who deserves pass marks, just a below par performance all round. Not overly despondent though,  as it's been a much better start to the season than most of us could have expected or hoped for. Put it behind us and have a couple of weeks to prepare for Celtic at home, where we're more than capable of taking something. 

Hearts are a good side. Banigime is a class act, and they won't concede many if Gordon stays fit between the sticks. Well worth the win and perch at the top of the table. Will definitely be in the mix for top 3/4 come the end of the season.