Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - 2 October 2021

3 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I think the way we are set out will counter teams like Hearts. If they can make any meaningful shots it will result in more frantic passing and attempts which can lead to counter attacks. We have proven this season to only needing a few chances at most to score, even against teams like Rangers. It's games where we have more possession  that we actually struggle a bit (see the Ross County game).

flaw in your view of it is we wont making frantic passes, too many skilfull players all over the pitch that will take some handling imo.

30 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Tempted to just stay in the pub. As good an away day Tynecastle is, £27 is a joke.

It's either £3 more expensive or £3 cheaper than the equivalent for the return fixture

(I don't know whether we're a "category A" fixture for Motherwell)

I do wonder, given Hearts' likelihood of going three at the back, we could match it up?  Take Grimshaw out the midfield and replace him with another centre half (Johansen or Mugabi, if fit).  We could still have the three up front as well if we push O'Donnell & Carroll (who I think will come back in) into the midfield four.  van Veen & Watt both can drop deeper to help out the midfield as and when required, and we can use Woolery's pace up top.

Slattery vs Baningime should be a cracking battle in the middle of the park.  

Kelly

Johansen  Ojala  Lamie

O'Donnell  Slattery  O'Hara  Carroll

Woolery  van Veen  Watt

I'd absolutely bite yer hand off for a point here.  I'll go for a very entertaining 2-2 draw.  van Veen at the double for the good guys.

5 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

Really looking forward to it, which is quite a novelty in itself based on Hearts performances in recent years. 

We look a lot more solid playing with 3 CBs so hopefully stick with that, and assuming no injuries I don't see the need for us to change anything from the team that started the game last weekend. 

Halkett went off with concussion and Hearts had used all 3 subs, so a concussion sub was used, surely wont be allowed to play another game untill after the 12 days for protecting concussed players.

46 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Halkett went off with concussion and Hearts had used all 3 subs, so a concussion sub was used, surely wont be allowed to play another game untill after the 12 days for protecting concussed players.

I strongly suspect he won't fall any concussion tests

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's either £3 more expensive or £3 cheaper than the equivalent for the return fixture

(I don't know whether we're a "category A" fixture for Motherwell)

yes, our pricing is also a fuckin joke

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

yes, our pricing is also a fuckin joke

Didn't your ticket work out about £2.75 a minute for our game on Saturday?  :lol:

Based on those numbers, £27 for 90+ minutes at Tynecastle is a bargain! 

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Didn't your ticket work out about £2.75 a minute for our game on Saturday?  :lol:

Based on those numbers, £27 for 90+ minutes at Tynecastle is a bargain! 

I suppose technically this years ticket was free!
I had to leave and won't be taking the wean again for a few years.

My ST is very reasonably priced anyway, PATG guys in the Cooper/South Stand paying £24(or £30) a head are being bumped.

27 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm sure it was just a massive coincidence he got a head knock which allowed a free sub, 5 minutes after going down with a calf injury.

I assumed (probably wrongly) that if you used the concussion sub route, then you automatically miss out if there is a game within a set period. Otherwise, as you point out, there will be a shit load of concussions in tight games this year.

46 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm sure it was just a massive coincidence he got a head knock which allowed a free sub, 5 minutes after going down with a calf injury.

If you look at the replay, he didn't even get hit in the head, it was his shoulder. We just wanted an extra sub

33 minutes ago, Swello said:

I assumed (probably wrongly) that if you used the concussion sub route, then you automatically miss out if there is a game within a set period. Otherwise, as you point out, there will be a shit load of concussions in tight games this year.

Agreed - suggestions over on the St Mirren/Aberdeen thread that Goodwin also used this to his advantage.