Airdrie vs Clyde

DGW9

That really was Airdrie vs. Neil Parry and 10 other c***s.

We absolutely battered Clyde today, I can’t believe we didn’t score more. I think Clyde are definitely the worst side I’ve watched this season, there wasn’t a single player that stood out today.

That midfield 3 of McInroy, Easton and McGill were exceptional. All three were dynamic, energetic and showed excellent composure on the ball.

Easton in particular was superb. He ripped the pish out of that Clyde team all afternoon, he was outstanding for our second goal.

If only we could play like that every week!

Very raw.

I think we got a few things wrong today. Not least having both Kennedy and Splaine in midfield again. Those are two extremely inexperienced players. Neither with any outstanding physical attribute that'd let him impose himself on a game.

I see plenty of potential in Kennedy. Not as a throw-in taker mind you. But we'll never develop it in the way that we've been able to develop the potential in Barry Cuddihy who was a relatively inexperienced player when he first signed with us. That is, if we're not partnering Kennedy with experienced midfielders who can get us a foothold in games. Worryingly, I'm not sure we have any of those. I include Gomis in that estimation. But he starts ahead of Splaine every week in my book as a matter of balance.

Airdrie obviously made a point of a high-tempo start and undermined the fragile organisation we've had in our changeably staffed 3-5-2. If that was calculated then it was a smart move. Our shift to a 4-4-2 only improved us insofar as it simplified the roles and the discipline for the players. I'm not sure we'd have fared any better if we'd started in that shape.

There's a lot more you could say but nothing that hasn't been said a hundred times already. We need another fit forward, centre midfielder and centre back if we want to have a side that can hold up in a set system each week. We've improved mind you. We're every so slightly better at the back than we were at the start of the season. And Goodwillie's fitness seems restored so we're much more threatening. And we've took the edge off the full-back problem a bit too. But there's still a way to go. I understand we are still looking at loans. Hopefully those deals get made.

Edited by Clydeside

Just now, Bullyweeno1 said:

Didn’t the loan window close on 30 Sept?

Think that’s our lot till January

God help us !!!!!!!!!

Did it? Maybe that's right. All I know is we were looking at bringing in more loans than just the boy from Kilmarnock. If that's closed off as an option now then... Aye. That's a bit of a worry.

26 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We absolutely battered Clyde today, I can’t believe we didn’t score more. I think Clyde are definitely the worst side I’ve watched this season, there wasn’t a single player that stood out today.

That midfield 3 of McInroy, Easton and McGill were exceptional. All three were dynamic, energetic and showed excellent composure on the ball.

Easton in particular was superb. He ripped the pish out of that Clyde team all afternoon, he was outstanding for our second goal.

Agree with you - Airdrie were good for a 3 or 4 goal win.  Thought you played really well but then again you weren’t up against much today.

Somehow we got back in the game and could have even take the lead at end of first half with the chance cleared of the line and with DGW going round the goalie (usually the half chance that he easily sticks away)

However we returned to usual form second half 

Wish we had Easton back in our side.  He was brilliant when played a handful of games a number of years ago for us and just the kind of player we need and who is a joy to watch

3 minutes ago, Clydeside said:

Did it? Maybe that's right. All I know is we were looking at bringing in more loans than just the boy from Kilmarnock. If that's closed off as an option now then... Aye. That's a bit of a worry.

Yeah sure it is closed 

We probably were looking at bringing in some loans but any promising youngster from a prem league team would look at us and say……….no thanks !!!!!

More than a bit of a worry based on the games so far this season

I heard a couple of weeks ago that it was 2 loanees from St Mirren, one of which out of absolutely nowhere I plucked out as centre back Danny Finlayson purely because St Mirren have quite a thin squad yet he still wasn't getting a look in. Just noticed he was playing for Kelty today so maybe one we were in for that decided to go elsewhere?

Edited by C. Muir

Loan window is shut. We can only bring in free agents now.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Someome needs to tell DL his tactics since 1st league o season not working.

In 35 years H&A ive never saw a Clyde team that allow the opposition so much time on the ball with and our Goals A column or penalties against would suggest its not right regardless of my opinion

Can maybe accept us gettin men behind the ball or standing 5/10 yards off a higher league team with few minutes to go. Not league opposition, every fucking week from 1st minute with "that" defence

Shape n structure. Nah your ok

Thanks

Edited by shawfield shed boy

On 02/10/2021 at 20:17, Diamond Oracle said:

That was definitely the worst I've seen Clyde play all season so far, which is saying something.

I really do like the makeup of Airdrie's squad, it's quite surprising that there seems to have been a bit of toil but I suppose that happens early on in the season with a squad full of new faces.

It always really bugs me when Airdrie have a good team and obviously class kits, because you always see the stickers about town from the presumably-pro-Yaxley-Lennon-definitely-Tory-racists team that have 'Airdrie' and 'Onians' in different coloured fonts and it *really* makes it look like it says 'Airdrie Onions'.