Airdrie vs Clyde

DGW9

6 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Here we go again! Early goal given away.

Second to every ball and incapable of passing to each other.

This could be a humping!

Another game, another poor start, lucky we arent 3-0 down after 25 minutes.

We arent in it at all.

Can see Airdrie getting a couple more before half time if this carries on.

Thankfully Lennon didn't take too long to change away from 5-3-2 that was getting us completely overrun. The flipside being our players don't really suit the now 4-4-2.

Surely Airdrie will make the most of Rumsby at rightback (who's done well so far, to be fair to him) and the dreadfully slow Balatoni inside him.

I thought Cunningham was a bit lucky only to see yellow. Didn't seem like there was much contact but diving in with your foot up is asking for trouble.

Goodwillie really should have done better with his chance at the end, with Currie moronically sprinting off his line.

Tighter game now but still expecting Airdrie to punsih us at some point.

Airdrie battered us early on. A goal as a result of lead footed centre halves and the 352's weakness of being doubled up on the outside. Could have been more but for Parry.

We changed to a back four and have been much the better side since, with Cuddihy in midfield.

It will be interesting to see how Airdrie and the animated Chimp change it up at the break. Having a more direct go at an out of position Rumsby might be it. I'd maybe bring Munro on just now to counter that.

Should have won that by a few. We looked quite impressive at times today.

Was following the ball at the penalty decision, so missed incident .

Think the tackle on McInroy would have been a sending off for most referees. The loan man looked quite composed but Easton MOM for me.

Pretty rare to see a foul shy. Three committed by the same player in a single game. Memorable.

Edited by diamondman

Lennon got the tactics all wrong today. Far far too slow, sitting of airdries players letting them waltz past with ease and standing sitll with the ball - waiting for the inevitable to happen. Performance was utter dross I have seen better quality of football in the juniors. 

Kennedy - How can you take 4 foul throws in a row (only 3 were caught) and could have been 5 if wasnt for big matty taking the ball off him. 

Not P!ssed off at the loss, but rather the performance and baffling tactics. Happy Saturday!!

48 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

That's was dire. Too many players not even good enough for league 2.
But dont worry lads. Lennon will say the shape was good

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Give aw this not good enough for league 2 pish a rest mate. When the starting 11 (minus jones) perform we play nice football. Moan about the baffling tactics which were quite obviously alien to the players. hence they struggled to play, rather than banging the same fecking drum every week.

Dreadful performance, absolute school boy stuff at times. The cheap loss of possession for the goal and inability to take a throw in was amateur stuff.

The only positive was it didn’t turn into the annihilation that the first 30 mins hinted it could be.

How the hell Gomis cant get in the starting 11 is beyond me.

Robert Jones offered absolutely nothing and was a waste of a jersey again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as quick at posting as the Clyde guys but another good curry to mark an excellent overall game. The opening spell might have seen a goal in the first minute but a great save by Parry, who had quite a few shots stopped throughout the game. Clyde must not have noticed that Watson had put in good crosses against EF but it was a fine hook by Smith. He was much better there than Aissa and I think gallagher had a much better overall game. We ought to have been 2 up just to be on the safe side and I have no idea how the penalty came about, so it's highlight check tomorrow. Usual good score by DGW. We might well have paid for that with a fortunate goalmouth scramble not long after. Clyde did have a good spell but we looked ( or were allowed to) really attractive for most of the 1st half. I thought it was a red Card studs up for Cunningham and maybe he got the break from an inexperienced Ref. Easton was annoying me by a bit of overplaying so my groans when he went on that sand dance dribble, were then shut down by my mates, as Gallagher did his usual.   We had some chances to counter on Clyde in their rare forays but it was still pleasant to see the game out. The new guy was first class  and when I manage to spell his name correctly  will give him  MOM. To underline how good it was  I also got the score correct! Our goalie seemed quite happy at the end and clearly must have been getting stick from the away end. Back in the top 4 and a few weeks break to ease the injuries etc. It was good to see Ally Love with his customary grace, and that foul shy guy must have been the worst yet. Clyde did have some fast breaks but the stats show how little possession/chances they had. DGW remains a threat to most teams but will he keep rescuing Clyde?  And what about Peterhead!!

Edited by Chapelhall chap

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Was that your number 2? If so I thought he was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he has that number . He was last minute sign on loan from Celtic till January. Last season it was Kyle Turner wearing No2, who made us into play off competitors so I hope he does the same. ( Maybe Title winners is a bit too hasty at this time!) Clyde No 8 was quite good early on but it was all a bit too defensive with a rather slow back 3? Far too early for anyone to be too optimistic/pessimistic.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

Who’d have thought, getting a loan in from a premier league team would help your cause?

I wonder if Clyde knew such things were available, probably not, you’d likely need a recruitment dept to be able to access these things….. oh wait a minute!

It was the same issues that have plagued us all season with conceding an early goal then a defensive mistake for the second. We are also almost solely reliant on Goodwillie scoring and creating chances out of nothing for us that when he has an off day or is well marshalled by the defence then we usually lose.

I've not been to many games this season, so might be being harsh on them, but to me Kennedy and Splaine are this seasons Ross Lyon. Distinctly average players that aren't really good or bad at anything. Well apart from taking throw-ins in Kennedys case.

We had so many attacks break down because there was no movement or options in midfield. Even in stoppage time the defence were passing it along the line because there was nothing for them in front.

The defence is also an issue when you are chasing the game as all 3 centre halves can only run at a snails pace. The fact that Rumsby was preferred to Munro at right back just emphasises how poorly the recruitment was handled this summer.

Airdrie deserved their win and should really have scored one or two more if not for Parry. I thought Easton and McInroy played well for them and the first goal was an excellent finish.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Who’d have thought, getting a loan in from a premier league team would help your cause?

I wonder if Clyde knew such things were available, probably not, you’d likely need a recruitment dept to be able to access these things….. oh wait a minute!

It's inexplicable to be honest. Let's remember though that the decision regarding signings falls entirely on Danny Lennon. I'll maintain my commitment this season but I will not be putting a penny into anything that is "ringfenced" for the player budget moving forward. It's an insult watching some of those players pull on a Clyde jersey; players that unqualified posters on P&B knew weren't up to the standard. I can only imagine how poor we'd be if they weren't trying.

More of the same really today. Cuddihy, Cunningham, Goodwillie and a goalkeeper with enough quality to play at this level consistently. A couple of others with enough ability to get by but struggle at times physically in Gomis and Balatoni. Possibly Elsdon who is safe and solid but a mile away from Howie/Lang. The rest can't leave soon enough. If DL can explain in his post match comments why giving Airdrie the run of midfield in order to get Ally Love to stand miles away from possession was worthwhile then that would be appreciated. Or indeed why we started the second half with Rumsby still at full-back. 

The Kennedy throw-in situation was quite funny but it speaks of a much bigger issue. Why was he taking a third throw-in? That sort of stuff is exactly the same as Rumsby putting an easy pass-back onto Parry's weak foot (which then ends up in the stand), Kennedy chickening out a tackle, Splaine giving away a 5 yard pass, Jones ducking under the ball, Munro fouling people on the corner of the box, Nicoll "ball-winning" and giving away a free-kick/throw-in in the process etc. I could go on. Just wee things that in isolation don't amount to much, but over a season will ultimately see us floundering and watching other teams results.

I quite enjoyed the last two games. Second half today was as bad as anything we've seen this season. Didn't even come close to scoring a goal.

Airdrie deserved to win as they always do against us. If you're playing a defence as slow as ours, which needs to sit deep, it's impossible to get close to the likes of Easton.