Airdrie vs Clyde

DGW9

Our recent record at the excelsior hasn't been great but I'd take a point, Rumsby took a knock Page is still recovering from a broken foot so maybe we'll dip the loan market again so Barry isn't being used at CH again

I n the unlikely event we are able, or willing to strengthen in a couple of the obvious positions (and that’s a huge question given it’s the loan market) then I think this will be game to far for this team. 

Obviously, it’s more than likely Goodwillie will score but can’t see us not shipping at least a couple of goals to a team of better quality than we played last weekend, that’s despite the fact we have significantly improved in the last month . In saying that we have significantly improved to that of average, which given how bad we were it’s big pat on the back to Lennon and the players. 

Quietly confident we can get something from this game. I don’t think Airdrie are firing on all cylinders yet and have lost a few players who are doing well elsewhere. We also have Goodie who can cause all sorts of problems for any defence but to be fair our defenders cause all sort of problems for themselves.

2 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Quietly confident we can get something from this game. I don’t think Airdrie are firing on all cylinders yet and have lost a few players who are doing well elsewhere. We also have Goodie who can cause all sorts of problems for any defence but to be fair our defenders cause all sort of problems for themselves.

Off hand apart from Kyle Turner/McCann? I can't think of other ex players doing well elsewhere but you are right we are not quite firing yet-this seems to be true of all Ian Murray early season sides, even allowing for Covid /injuries etc. Will not be as easy as last season and Clyde will compete especially with Goodwillie always a threat. Let's hope your defenders give us some space . I have gone for a 2-1 home win but no betting either from me. 

Hows Easton faired so far

Been solid for us so far to be honest, not done anything outstanding so far but put in a few good performances. Was poor on Saturday but I suppose so was all of our attacking players so can’t be too harsh. Hoping for a win this Saturday but slightly worried about having to keep out David Goodwillie as he seems a stick on to score every week nowadays. I still think we’ve got more to show for ourselves although we haven’t been terrible this season by any manner of means, don’t think we have actually had one match so far this season where we have a full squad to choose from. Hoping big Fordyce and McCabe are back for this one as a win would fire us right back in amongst it. Will go for a 2-1 airdrie, Goodwillie to score late on and cause squeaky bum time

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

don’t think Airdrie are firing on all cylinders yet

There is little doubt that this is the case.

We may not have last season's purportedly 'landmark' and ultimately disappointing signings Robert or Sabatini ; but we are still to field a settled side to properly gel on the park for varying reasons.

Perhaps Saturday, maybe not

Edited by diamondman

£7 for a kids ticket so £25 all in for me and the lad.

3abbd94e992ae243bf955dfc6153c027.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye, wild prices.

Quietly optimistic of a result today…

Anywhere nearby the ground that I can go for a pint pre-match and take the wee fella with me?

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Aye, wild prices.

Quietly optimistic of a result today…

Anywhere nearby the ground that I can go for a pint pre-match and take the wee fella with me?

There was a wee bar in the stand just next to the away section a couple of seasons ago that allowed kids in. Think it was more cans and bottles than pints though.

Edited by C. Muir