Queens vs Pars

I was watching Junior playing on the left hand side for the majority of the first half. Clearly Mr X was seeing the same as me.

If he was supposed to be in a front two I'll take your word from it but from the terrace he was dreadfully out of position for most of the half. It looked like Cameron up top with Junior and Connolly playing off him.

Makes a change from you watching the away support.

22 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Is there any hope that your board will cut their loses anytime soon though? That must be  big concern. 

It seems clear to everyone that Grant was a bit of an imposter from the start, but here we are just one game shy of the first quarter and he is still in charge. 

Oh absolutely, I thought he'd be gone weeks ago. 

But here we are, stinking it out at Palmerston again. Fwiw that's not a cause for a pars manager to get sacked, I can't remember the last time we played well at Palmerston. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Oh absolutely, I thought he'd be gone weeks ago. 

But here we are, stinking it out at Palmerston again. Fwiw that's not a cause for a pars manager to get sacked, I can't remember the last time we played well at Palmerston. 

I’ve only been to Palmerston once but we lost and were fucking hopeless. Think it was a Chris Smith masterclass.

Dunfermline have the same number of points as we did after 8 games last season, at the end of which our manager was rewarded with a 2 year contract extension.

Pars fans had better hope that Grant doesn't mastermind a mini-revival* or you could be stuck with him for a long time yet.

(* aye right)

As far as today's game goes, I think SD may have been on the sauce or got over-carried away on the back of us actually winning a home game if he thinks that today's game was "ok".   I thought that in the first half we were treated to a masterclass in incompetence by two sides who seemed incapable of holding onto the ball.  We were marginally the better of the two in that we showed some attacking intent while Dunfermline offered nothing whatsoever going forward and it was a dreadful watch.

The second half was a slight improvement in terms of entertainment but we still struggled to create chances.

For ourselves, Connelly and Cooper were pick of the bunch and I thought McKay had his best game to date.  I'd like to see Willie restored to a wide role in place of Johnston jr though.  Brynn had little to do again, in fact Nditi caused him more problems than Dunfermline did, but it was very frustrating to see him repeatedly launch bye kicks to the smallest player on the park who was being marked by the tallest.

Kennedy looked lively for Dunfermline but had no help or support and ended up running into trouble and losing the ball more often than not.  Zinedine Pybus was as creative as Queens fans would have expected.  Mark Connolly was very impressive at the back but there seemed to be at least six black and white shirted six statues on the field.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not going to argue with you. You thought one of the worst games of football at Palmerston in years was 'ok' so we definitely won't be agreeing on anything tonight emoji38.png

This afternoon was certainly cack - but let me assure all you QOS fans - compared to Pars v Accies last weekend, this afternoon's entertainment was like an El Clasico.

10 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Can we acknowledge the shithouse timewasting from connelly as he was being substituted

It's all part of "game management" to see out games. It's not as if Queens are the only ones guilty of this, EVERY team time-wastes to some extent if the result is in their favour.  Its up to the Referee to add the appropriate time on or book the player if necessary. 

Can we acknowledge the shithouse timewasting from connelly as he was being substituted

That was just a bizarre incident. I don't know if it was intentional but it appeared it was the bench who were doing the shithousing. He had his shinguards off before they told him to stay on. At least that's what I saw, they may have been telling him to stay on much earlier than that.

When he did try and go off eventually I have to agree with Faethebriggs. McLean should have booked Connolly tbh. Players are going to milk it otherwise.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

That was just a bizarre incident. I don't know if it was intentional but it appeared it was the bench who were doing the shithousing. He had his shinguards off before they told him to stay on. At least that's what I saw, they may have been telling him to stay on much earlier than that.

He took his shinguards off on his way off then it was realised Ruari Paton who was standing waiting to come on didnt have his shinguards on and wasnt allowed on by the officials (rightly). So Connelly had to stay on till Paton got his on. 

Did think Connelly went beyond normal time wasting though. I'd have booked him! 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

It's all part of "game management" to see out games. It's not as if Queens are the only ones guilty of this, EVERY team time-wastes to some extent if the result is in their favour.  Its up to the Referee to add the appropriate time on or book the player if necessary. 

Wasn’t moaning- it was quite funny as it was so obvious! And the fact that he got away without a booking was even better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first manager I can honestly recall blatantly time-wasting  making subs was Dick Campbell when he was at Partick Th., others may have been less obvious mind. He would signal  to the player he was taking off to get as far away from the technical area as possible then substitute them. Of course the player would then go through the motions of looking round about to see who the manager was meaning before making his way slowly back across the park to come off. It was probably a widespread practice. No good now though with players having to go off at the nearest point. 

39 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Wasn’t moaning- it was quite funny as it was so obvious! And the fact that he got away without a booking was even better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apart from the goal it was probably one of the highlights of a pretty dismal affair. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

When he did try and go off eventually I have to agree with Faethebriggs. McLean should have booked Connolly tbh. Players are going to milk it otherwise.

Paton didn’t have his shinguards and needed them thrown down from the main stand. Think Connelly was ready to come off and then they changed their mind on the sub and made it once Paton was ready. 

He took his shinguards off on his way off then it was realised Ruari Paton who was standing waiting to come on didnt have his shinguards on and wasnt allowed on by the officials (rightly). So Connelly had to stay on till Paton got his on. 
Did think Connelly went beyond normal time wasting though. I'd have booked him! 
Paton didn’t have his shinguards and needed them thrown down from the main stand. Think Connelly was ready to come off and then they changed their mind on the sub and made it once Paton was ready. 

That is mental [emoji38]

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The first manager I can honestly recall blatantly time-wasting  making subs was Dick Campbell when he was at Partick Th., others may have been less obvious mind. He would signal  to the player he was taking off to get as far away from the technical area as possible then substitute them. Of course the player would then go through the motions of looking round about to see who the manager was meaning before making his way slowly back across the park to come off. It was probably a widespread practice. No good now though with players having to go off at the nearest point. 

Apart from the goal it was probably one of the highlights of a pretty dismal affair. 

Still happens all the time but the new rule about being able to leave the pitch anywhere now makes it less funny.

22 hours ago, Mr X said:

I just noticed that Dunfermline didnt manage a single shot on target yesterday.

For a squad that contains Dow, Kennedy, Thomas, and Wighton thats absolutely criminal.

That stat is misleading .

Kennedy was a inch wide with one shot.

Dunfermline scored but thankfully a tight offside decision saved us .

Poor game could have gone either way great  that we got the win it is fine margins in the Championship .

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

That stat is misleading .

Kennedy was a inch wide with one shot.

So not on target then.  And I am  quite certain his shot missed by more than an inch too. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs