Queens vs Pars

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nice to have attacking options available off the bench I suppose. No idea how we'll set up yet, particularly up front. A front 2 or one of Cameron/Junior playing out of position. I know which option is more likely.

Gibson and Cochrane centre midfield.

Junior Cameron and Connelly front three

34 minutes ago, 101 said:

Glad to see McCann back in the match day squad and also pleased that Allan got the nod, if the club wants to get a reputation for fostering young talent I feel we need more former academy players making starting appearances.

Would agree with this tbf. I’d rather we used our “own” players as much as possible.

We really are fucking shite, aren’t we? Even if we somehow win I have no idea how the board can watch this and still think this is what is going to get us back to the Premiership.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

This is awful. We can’t keep a hold of the ball at all. QoS look much better so far, keeping the ball well and trying to find gaps, but haven’t really troubled us yet.

Isn’t it so weird that if you assemble a squad without a single adequate midfielder who can tackle, you keep getting overrun and can’t keep the ball? 

Isn’t it so weird that if you assemble a squad without a single adequate midfielder who can tackle, you keep getting overrun and can’t keep the ball? 

But we have good strikers. Surely all we need to do is have loads of centre halves, so we seem less likely to concede and the strikers will score (despite getting no service/support). Why do you even need a midfield? You clearly didn’t eat your plate of confidence today.

Honestly, Peter Grant’s an idiot. QoS playing a back 3 with the wing backs pushing forward. Similar to what Grant tried with us. Teams destroyed us, because of the gaps we left out wide when the wing backs got forward and Grant seems to have told our wingers to come inside, meaning that nobody is making the most of the massive gaps out wide. He really doesn’t understand football, does he?

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Disingenuous pessimism from the Pars this morning ..... standard pre match deflective fare on P&B. Contrasting with the real thing from us doonhamers. 🙄

Actually it turns out the Pars fans haven't been disingenuous at all.  They have been eyebleedingly brutal.  Sadly we aren't much better, having fashioned two shots in one of the worst 45 minutes in living memory.

We really are fucking shite, aren’t we? Even if we somehow win I have no idea how the board can watch this and still think this is what is going to get us back to the Premiership.

My thinking as well. And I better say it in case we (likely) lose and it comes off as sour grapes: who is the person completely trolling the Dunfermline fans keeping that diddy in charge? Dunfermline are absolutely honking which seems almost statistically impossible considering some of the talent in that side.

A truly truly awful 45 minutes of football yet again against Dunfermline at Palmerston. If the two clubs could kindly agree that from here on in the games at Palmerston are void and each side is given 1 point without having to play I'd be extremely grateful.

It's Junior who has been lumped out of position as expected. Square pegs as per from my Johnston. A poor Pars side and we haven't looked like laying a glove on them. Connolly the only one looking likely again.

I’m guessing it’s been an absolute thriller seeing as Pars on Twitter made a grand total of four updates in that half.

See my above comment(s). QoS playing a 3-4-3 type system, with the wing backs getting forward. Despite watching teams destroy us out wide when we try a back 3, he’s decided to tell the wingers to stay in the middle of the park. Leaving huge gaps out wide and nobody going into them. Makes it really easy for QoS.

It’s getting annoying now. Every week, opposition fans spend the week telling us that we can’t be as bad as we say we are. Then the game starts and they laugh at how correct we are. How on earth can everyone except the board see how embarrassing this is?