Queens vs Pars

20 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He should get at least another game so the records show him going an entire quarter season without beating anyone whatsoever. 

I agree then we can release him back to Alloa as he was bought mislabeled as a football manager when he clearly isn't.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My thinking as well. And I better say it in case we (likely) lose and it comes off as sour grapes: who is the person completely trolling the Dunfermline fans keeping that diddy in charge? Dunfermline are absolutely honking which seems almost statistically impossible considering some of the talent in that side.

A truly truly awful 45 minutes of football yet again against Dunfermline at Palmerston. If the two clubs could kindly agree that from here on in the games at Palmerston are void and each side is given 1 point without having to play I'd be extremely grateful.

It's Junior who has been lumped out of position as expected. Square pegs as per from my Johnston. A poor Pars side and we haven't looked like laying a glove on them. Connolly the only one looking likely again.

Behave. Junior playing wide of a front three is nothing like being "lumped out of position"

I said during the week that we looked better playing 3 at the back and it showed again today. 

It wasnt a great performance but we did enough to beat a poor Dunfermline team

I agree then we can release him back to Alloa as he was bought mislabeled as a football manager when he clearly isn't.

He was a free agent. Alloa decided not to renew his contract and actually went through their recruitment process and appointed Ferguson before we’d appointed Grant. That would be like Airdrie trying to return Gabby McGill to us, despite the fact we released him.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He was a free agent. Alloa decided not to renew his contract and actually went through their recruitment process and appointed Ferguson before we’d appointed Grant. That would be like Airdrie trying to return Gabby McGill to us, despite the fact we released him.

So can't be returned to sender? Shame.

He wasnt even wide in a front three. We started in a front two. He was one of the two. That is literally his position. No idea what 19QOS19 was looking at.

I was watching Junior playing on the left hand side for the majority of the first half. Clearly Mr X was seeing the same as me.

If he was supposed to be in a front two I'll take your word from it but from the terrace he was dreadfully out of position for most of the half. It looked like Cameron up top with Junior and Connolly playing off him.

I seem to be in a minority of one but I thought the game was ok. Werent masses of great chances but there was some good football at times and I thought we just about did enough to win.

Pars started ok and may have shaded the opening 20 mins or so but I thought we were much better for the second part of the 1st half. Second half was more even but you could see Dunfermline are shorn of confidence and their passing at times was dreadful. Delighted they took Wighton off as he looked their best hope.

Thought we controlled play largely without really unlocking them. Cooper a wee bit unlucky with his shot Fon Williams made a good block from. Connelly really unluck with the one from the short corner but it led to the goal indirectly I think. Nditi and Debayo both did well to keep the attack alive but those quick feet from Connelly 😍 The biggest criticism of Peter Grant I could make is that he had Connelly sat on his bench all season last year not starting while they got meekly relegated 🤪

Good to get the home win monkey off our back. 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was watching Junior playing on the left hand side for the majority of the first half. Clearly Mr X was seeing the same as me.

If he was supposed to be in a front two I'll take your word from it but from the terrace he was dreadfully out of position for most of the half. It looked like Cameron up top with Junior and Connolly playing off him.

Cameron and Junior were up top with Connelly having a free role in the no 10 slot behind them. Gibson and Cochrane as a deeper two. Back three and Cooper and Johnston as wing backs. Ruben was left of a front two. He was no more left hand side than Cameron was right hand side.

Cameron and Junior were up top with Connelly having a free role in the no 10 slot behind them. Gibson and Cochrane as a deeper two. Back three and Cooper and Johnston as wing backs. Ruben was left of a front two. He was no more left hand side than Cameron was right hand side.

I'm not going to argue with you. You thought one of the worst games of football at Palmerston in years was 'ok' so we definitely won't be agreeing on anything tonight [emoji38]

Was sure Ruben was on the left as well. Game was shite, but 3 points was really important. 

Was pretty underwhelmed with Connelly signing, but he’s been absolutely quality. Best player on the pitch today and if a goal was coming, it was going to be through Connelly. Thought Copper was good today too. 

At least for us we've got the hope that Peter Grant leaving might improve us. 

Not sure what hope QoTS have got, we were actually worse today than what we were in the first half of the Raith game, a truly awful game between two brutal sides. Conceding that late goal might be a kick start to the season, a draw would've just given Grant more time. 

Not sure what hope QoTS have got, we were actually worse today than what we were in the first half of the Raith game, a truly awful game between two brutal sides. Conceding that late goal might be a kick start to the season, a draw would've just given Grant more time. 

The hope we have is that the division has plenty of other shite sides. I don't really care how poor we were today as these are games we often lose so to get the 3 pts I'm not complaining. We've played far better than that and lost this season.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not going to argue with you. You thought one of the worst games of football at Palmerston in years was 'ok' so we definitely won't be agreeing on anything tonight emoji38.png

Ruben was hugging the left touchline for the majority of the first half, i thought he was left of a three as well. I had no idea where  Max Johnston was playing for 10/15 mins of the second half as he looked like he was man marking Pybus. I couldn’t figure out any plausible reason why he would have been instructed to do that so maybe it was just by chance. 

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That was easily our worst 90 minute performance of the season I would say, only the opening 45 minutes against ICT and Hamilton came close but we improved in the second half of those games. We could barely string two passes together for long spells and  our throw in leading to the disallowed O’Hara goal summed us up. Goal was another brilliant piece of play from Connelly, starting to think he is the one we should have on a two year deal. 

Will we ever see Chima in a queens shirt again  ? Barring the 10/15 minute cameo at Partick on opening day he has either been an unused sub or out injured. 

Edited by Broony88

Well, despite all of the doom and gloom, and thanks to wee Connelly, we're up to 9 points from the first quarter. Win against Ayr and we'd be back on course for survival with 12 points from the first quarter. 👍

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He wasnt even wide in a front three. We started in a front two. He was one of the two. That is literally his position. No idea what 19QOS19 was looking at.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought it looked like Junior and Connelly "wide" of Cameron. Neither were particularly wide though

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I seem to be in a minority of one but I thought the game was ok. Werent masses of great chances but there was some good football at times and I thought we just about did enough to win.

Pars started ok and may have shaded the opening 20 mins or so but I thought we were much better for the second part of the 1st half. Second half was more even but you could see Dunfermline are shorn of confidence and their passing at times was dreadful. Delighted they took Wighton off as he looked their best hope.

Thought we controlled play largely without really unlocking them. Cooper a wee bit unlucky with his shot Fon Williams made a good block from. Connelly really unluck with the one from the short corner but it led to the goal indirectly I think. Nditi and Debayo both did well to keep the attack alive but those quick feet from Connelly 😍 The biggest criticism of Peter Grant I could make is that he had Connelly sat on his bench all season last year not starting while they got meekly relegated 🤪

Good to get the home win monkey off our back. 

No, I thought the game was ok, other than the lack of any real goal-mouth action. I think thats the first time streaming there were no half time highlights to show.

I though Wighton was poor, to be honest and wasnt surprised when he was hooked. Kennedy looked far more likely to create something, as did Thomas when he came on. O'Hara is the striking equivalent of Pybus

Ruben was hugging the left touchline for the majority of the first half, i thought he was left of a three as well. I had no idea where  Max Johnston was playing for 10/15 mins of the second half as he looked like he was man marking Pybus. I couldn’t figure out any plausible reason why he would have been instructed to do that so maybe it was just by chance. 

Aye that's exactly how I saw it as well. I thought he was playing off Cameron on the left. I don't appear to be the only one who saw it that way. If he was supposed to be in a front two as SD said then he was wildly out of position for the majority if the half.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Is there any hope that your board will cut their loses anytime soon though? That must be  big concern. 

It seems clear to everyone that Grant was a bit of an imposter from the start, but here we are just one game shy of the first quarter and he is still in charge. 

As for us, I’m not too concerned at the moment, that we will be in any danger. Of course that can all change within a couple of games in this league as we all know. 

At this same stage of the season last year we were an absolute stick on to go down. However, by the end of the season we fairly comfortable.