Queens vs Pars

Given this season's stellar form and recent season's dismal offerings between the two at Palmy, both sets of fans are understandably utterly despondent about their prospects here ........ so its bound to be either:

6-0 Queens (Cameron hat trick x 2)

or

3-3 (Cameron hat trick & Pybus hat trick)

18 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Is Pybus still getting a game for the Pars?

Played every league game as far as I am aware. Not got any other options thanks to Grant's terrible signing policy of constant centre halves. 

If pybus doesn't play it means playing dorrans with either a winger or a striker.   Cole and Dorrans as a midfield 2 is also an option, not a good option, but one that grantball might come up with. 

As an example, when pybus was subbed off midweek this was our midfeild

Thomas  dow Dorrans, kennady.  3 wingers and Dorrans who is best when you have others around to do the defensive work/running. 

Edited by parsforlife

Pybus had a good game v Hamilton but we need much better in there. Our CM options a pretty poor.

Wilson's issue sounds worrying. He's not injured but has good days a bad days with pain, they just have to manage the pain. Sounds like plantar fasciitis, which I heard previously was Lewis Martin's problem.

Think it actually would have went in but for a deflection.
I really don’t see what he brings to the party other than filling up space.

After you actually look in to what he does during a game it doesn't take long to realise the answer is 'very little'. But because he whizzes around a lot you don't tend to look too much in to what he's doing as he gives the illusion he's busy. He's gutter.

7 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Given this season's stellar form and recent season's dismal offerings between the two at Palmy, both sets of fans are understandably utterly despondent about their prospects here ........ so its bound to be either:

6-0 Queens (Cameron hat trick x 2)

or

3-3 (Cameron hat trick & Pybus hat trick)

Or QOS 0 Dunfermline 1. Goal conceded from a set piece or horrific defending thereby causing much angst because we "played well and should have got something positive from the game."

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

After you actually look in to what he does during a game it doesn't take long to realise the answer is 'very little'. But because he whizzes around a lot you don't tend to look too much in to what he's doing as he gives the illusion he's busy. He's gutter.

Gutter is harsh and unjustified. Tremendous energy, lacking focus perhaps but keeps the opposition occupied and when Queens had their decent third last season it was when Pybus was pushed further forward to support Shields.

Gutter is harsh and unjustified. Tremendous energy, lacking focus perhaps but keeps the opposition occupied and when Queens had their decent third last season it was when Pybus was pushed further forward to support Shields.

A spaniel has tremendous energy, it still wouldn't make for a good midfielder.

I'm afraid you're remembering our decent spell all wrong as well. I assume you're referring to the spell of 5 games where we took 13 points? If so, funnily enough that spell took place when Pybus was out injured. It's almost as if having a semi-competent footballer in the middle of the park rather than a jogger made a difference.

He was pish.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm afraid you're remembering our decent spell all wrong as well. I assume you're referring to the spell of 5 games where we took 13 points? If so, funnily enough that spell took place when Pybus was out injured. It's almost as if having a semi-competent footballer in the middle of the park rather than a jogger made a difference.

He was pish.

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

FTFY.

Selective facts at work a bit here. He referred to our 'decent third' not a 5 game period that suits your argument. Our good run went from Raith in late December to Hearts away in late March. Pybus did play 4 or 5 of those games at the start of that run pushed up in support of Shields, starting with the 3-2 win over Ayr at New Year and ending when he tore his hamstring early in the Friday night home draw with Hearts. 

Its probably fair to say Pybus flattered to deceive a bit. His use of the ball wasnt brilliant and he wasnt a great tackler. It was based round energy. He was a lot like Stevie Bowey actually and most fans think he's a legend! Bowey did provide a better goal threat but otherwise......

He certainly isnt 'gutter' though. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Selective facts at work a bit here. He referred to our 'decent third' not a 5 game period that suits your argument. Our good run went from Raith in late December to Hearts away in late March. Pybus did play 4 or 5 of those games at the start of that run pushed up in support of Shields, starting with the 3-2 win over Ayr at New Year and ending when he tore his hamstring early in the Friday night home draw with Hearts. 

Its probably fair to say Pybus flattered to deceive a bit. His use of the ball wasnt brilliant and he wasnt a great tackler. It was based round energy. He was a lot like Stevie Bowey actually and most fans think he's a legend! Bowey did provide a better goal threat but otherwise......

As ever with these there's a balance in the middle. Pybus absolutely flattered to deceive as you say. The notion (not from you) that his advanced role was a big factor in our improved form last season is a stretch. There's been many a worse player at QOS. It doesn't sound like many Pars fans are at odds with the assessment many of us gave when he signed for them. 

Edit to add I actually thought he did OK in the more advanced role but it's also fair to say we managed to continue some decent form when he was unavailable.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

It's nothing to do with suiting my argument. Our best spell in that season was the 5 games Pybus was out. You can dress it up any way you like but the fact is we never had an unbeaten spell as successful that season as when he was injured. It may well have been coincidence and I'm not intentionally using it as a rod to beat him with but I do think it's a far bigger stretch to say he played a massive part in our most successful spell.

I can appreciate the Bowey reference and Bowey certainly wasn't a gifted footballer either but if I remember correctly he certainly got stuck in with the tackles. I don't mind a player who can't pass well if they at least make up for it by 'getting stuck in' - see Jacobs. Running around a lot doesn't make for a good footballer IMO.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's nothing to do with suiting my argument. Our best spell in that season was the 5 games Pybus was out. You can dress it up any way you like but the fact is we never had an unbeaten spell as successful that season as when he was injured. It may well have been coincidence and I'm not intentionally using it as a rod to beat him with but I do think it's a far bigger stretch to say he played a massive part in our most successful spell.

I can appreciate the Bowey reference and Bowey certainly wasn't a gifted footballer either but if I remember correctly he certainly got stuck in with the tackles. I don't mind a player who can't pass well if they at least make up for it by 'getting stuck in' - see Jacobs. Running around a lot doesn't make for a good footballer IMO.

Loads of very good points. Bowey who I loved as a player, and despite the Bowey's going to get you stuff, couldn't tackle a fish supper. He was adept at stealing possession nonetheless.  

Edited by Distant Doonhamer