Queens vs Pars

Since 1.1.20 Queens have played 21 home league games.
Out of the 21 games, Queens have won 4. In the same period, Dundee have won 3 times at Palmerston. So, since 1.1.20 Queens have won one more league game at Palmerston than Dundee.
Raith and Alloa have each won twice. Everybody else in the current Championship (except Partick Thistle who haven’t played and Ayr who’ve played once) have also won at Palmerston in that period.

They’ve lost the last 5 home league games in a row, scoring 1 goal. Lose on Saturday and it will equal the club record of 6 home league defeats in a row, set way back on 24 October 2020.

29 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Horrific home record vs horrific away record and both teams miserable at scoring goals.
Dreadful football from us is a near certainty anyway, I fully expect large periods of this game to be almost unwatchable.

It’s a no from me.

We're not miserable at scoring goals.

It's pretty obvious what's coming here. We're literally the best side in the division to visit if your form is awful and you need a win.

We've already done it this season as well. A piss poor Hamilton getting a comfortable 3 points against us. I know some of our support thought they were outstanding and I got a bit of a slating for claiming they weren't at all good but I'm in no way surprised we're the only side they've beaten. I expect Dunfermline will pick up their first 3 points on Saturday as well and we'll come on here afterwards to comments such as 'where has this side been?', 'an incredible performance from us. Never saw that coming' et al. It seems to happen every season. The only surprise was that we managed to avoid being beaten by Brechin a few seasons ago.

Having got my moan out the way, this needs to be a win for us. Dunfermline won't be anywhere near the bottom once someone within their BoD realises Grant is an absolute diddy and they get someone semi-competent in. But as it stands we can't afford to drop points to the side at the bottom. Get this negative pish from Saturday in the sea and go and look for a win. Not confident at all but hopefully we're set up to at least try and win. If we could get the 'Basic Football Defending for Primary School Kids' playbook out in training this week then we may have a chance.

Every club in the division says they lose to sides who are in bad form. The reality is most sides in this league are shite and anyone can beat anyone.

Except we actually do. Ask St Mirren (x2), Falkirk, Morton, Alloa (x 1000).

Lose this game and that would take us into the international break and a good time to sack Peter Grant. The board will surely have to grow some gonads at that point.

Draw this game and it will be interesting to see if the board still find it acceptable. ICT draw was seen as a stop the rot, possible turning point. Most accepted a draw at that point, but is drawing every week good enough? Of course not.  Will this still be acceptable to our board to have still not won 3 games on from then? Probably yes unfortunately.

How many times have we started a season without winning any of our first eight league games?

We went 7 without a win (won the 8th game) in 2005/06 under Leishman.

In 1991/92, we went our first 18 games without a win.

I don’t know if we’ve ever started this poorly outwith the top tier though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

We went 7 without a win (won the 8th game) in 2005/06 under Leishman.

In 1991/92, we went our first 18 games without a win.

I don’t know if we’ve ever started this poorly outwith the top tier though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, losing to Celtic and Aberdeen doesn’t really compare with getting pumped off the likes of Arbroath and Ayr.