Queens vs Pars

This could be a real war of attrition.  A Dunfermline side who can't buy a goal but seem to have tightened up at the back against a Queens team who seem scared to attack the opposition until inevitably going a goal behind.

If AJ can be persuaded to abandon the tactic of setting up the midfield to protect the backline first and foremost and get midfielders to give more support to the forwards we may have a chance of halting our dismal home form.  I would also help matters if we didn't change formation 3-4 times per match and had players playing in their best positions.

All players being fit I'd like to see us start with

Brynn (unfortunately)

Gibson / Nditi / McKay / Debayo

Cochrane / McGrory / Todd* or Roy*

Paton

Ruben / Connelly

* unsure about the fitness of either at the moment.  If both are out I'd have East left midfield.  

I've a horrible feeling Fitzpatrick will be shoehorned into the starting XI somehow.

0-0 or 5-4... you decide.

Not much interest in this one yet - but you can't blame the Pars due to the small matter of a replayed Fife derby up first on Wednesday night!

I don't know what would be the best outcome on Wednesday for our game - Raith to hammer the Pars, Kircaldy's wifi to go kaput again, or the Pars to break their winless streak so that particular monkey is off their back before they head down to Palmy on Saturday.  God knows, if the Pars are still winless on Saturday (and with our appalling home record) we're just the beneficient mob to soothe their woes.

As others have said previously there is no better place for struggling opponents to visit on the lookout for vital points. That old Managers cliche...........” it’s a really tough place to go” certainly doesn’t apply to Palmerston as the records show.

In fact Grant should be saying ..........”if we can’t win there I will “walk” voluntarily with no severance package”.

As others have said previously there is no better place for struggling opponents to visit on the lookout for vital points. That old Managers cliche...........” it’s a really tough place to go” certainly doesn’t apply to Palmerston as the records show.

In fact Grant should be saying ..........”if we can’t win there I will “walk” voluntarily with no severance package”.

It’s more likely that he’ll compare a trip to Palmerston to a trip to the supermarket. After all, in his latest interview he’s managed to compare a footballer playing in a derby to a woman being pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh, I don't know.

I'm finding it a really tough place to go these days.

Queens have lost their last 8 home league games in a row when fans were allowed in. Last home win in the league in front of fans was on 21 December 2019.

33 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It’s more likely that he’ll compare a trip to Palmerston to a trip to the supermarket. After all, in his latest interview he’s managed to compare a footballer playing in a derby to a woman being pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, really ...? Does anyone know what he's taking?

Dunfermline are utter mince.

Absolute stick on away win.

QotS are an absolute gang as well tbf m9.

Play like we did the 2nd half tonight then we could win. Not holding my breath though. Another draw IMO (in my opinion)