Morton v Arbroath

Best game i remember against Morton was at Gayfield in 1993 in the Scottish Cup, Morton were a league above us but we hammered them that day with Stuart Sorbie getting a hat-trick with our striker Kenny MacDonald having a superb game without scoring, always remember a big pitch invasion at the end of the game and a bit of fisticuffs with the away fans.

Also remember we used to play Morton fans in an arranged game of football pre-match out at the Vicky Park back in the day, sure one of their famous fans who used to travel up from England used to arrange it between both clubs supporters clubs.

Simple change for me, Craigen into centre-mid to replace the superb injured Low and Bobby into the starting XI, also hope Paterson gets a chance as well.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0. 

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Best game i remember against Morton was at Gayfield in 1993 in the Scottish Cup, Morton were a league above us but we hammered them that day with Stuart Sorbie getting a hat-trick with our striker Kenny MacDonald having a superb game without scoring, always remember a big pitch invasion at the end of the game and a bit of fisticuffs with the away fans.

Also remember we used to play Morton fans in an arranged game of football pre-match out at the Vicky Park back in the day, sure one of their famous fans who used to travel up from England used to arrange it between both clubs supporters clubs.

Simple change for me, Craigen into centre-mid to replace the superb injured Low and Bobby into the starting XI, also hope Paterson gets a chance as well.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0. 

That was a great performance and totally unexpected. Sorbie and Mac Donald were brilliant. I vaguely knew a Morton fan back then and he wasn’t very happy.

Don’t remember any fighting but that’s not my thing.

7 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Also remember we used to play Morton fans in an arranged game of football pre-match out at the Vicky Park back in the day

You should try and resurrect this the next time Morton are up.

Couple of questions;

1. How many XL shirts and XXL shorts have we got 

2. Are you allowed to enter the field of play on a mobility scooter 

On 30/09/2021 at 17:19, DUAFC said:

I'm sure  Ross Graham, ex Brechin, East Fife, scored here.  Anyone help me out ?

On 30/09/2021 at 21:47, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Was this possibly in the 4-3 game in the Challenge Cup in August of 2003? Struggling to find the goalscorers in that one, but I do remember Peter Weatherson scoring a hat-trick on his home debut for us.

"Scored" would be stretching it as Craig Coyle booted a clearance in off his legs on the six yard line. Weatherson got three, Hawke got the other with McGlashan scoring Arbroath's other two. 

This was the game where Andy Dow was winding up the Cowshed after Arbroath made it 3-3 in the 90th minute, only for us to kick off and run past Andy Dow and go 4-3 up.

43 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

This was the game where Andy Dow was winding up the Cowshed after Arbroath made it 3-3 in the 90th minute, only for us to kick off and run past Andy Dow and go 4-3 up.

Classic Andy Dow.

Useless c**t did very similar at Love Street when we got a 90th min penalty there, going wild, giving big licks to the North Stand and after demanding he was allowed to take it he promptly missed.

Some time after this he was, finally, dropped, which resulted in a meltdown and him leaving the ground and the club altogether.

Throughout this time he was the club captain.

Are we allowed to use the weather as an excuse if we lose?

“Greenock gets much more rainfall than Arbroath so of course their payers will be much more used to playing in these conditions, giving them an unfair advantage.

In fact, I don’t think it really rains anywhere else in Scotland and our players never have to play in conditions like that unless playing in Greenock.”

Sounds ridiculous doesn’t it?

Edited by Tattie36

Playing surface excellent and soft, will suit a few slide tackles, also wind is blowing will suit Arbroath all day.

Odds on favourites no excuses.

Hopefully this will free us to play our expansive game. Maybe I better do a self test to check I am not still over the limit.

I was planning to blame the pitch but apparently that’s greatly improved this season.
Given our injury situation I think a draw would not be a bad result today.

We have 1 player out (albeit an important one), i’d be a bit disappointed with a draw