Tractor Shaggers vs. Deelightful Dees, Saturday October 2nd.

Just now, resk said:

Watching the highlights - surely it can't be normal for both teams to wear their home kit, including white shorts, in this fixture?  

Thought this at the time - couldn't get my head around it. Blue socks too. 

Only explanation is that for whatever reason Dundee didn't bring away strips. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

That's not an explanation either because the ref can, as they've done before in this fixture, forced us to wear the St J away kit in such a scenario.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

That's not an explanation either because the ref can, as they've done before in this fixture, forced us to wear the St J away kit in such a scenario.

You're right. Weird decision to let the game go ahead with the 2 home strips. Your away shirt might actually be closer to the Saints home blue though.

Well that was incredibly easy. Thought Dendonker had a really straight forward debut and liked the intent from Cammy when he came on. Will be great confidence boost for Kane and May to get goals. Could have been 5-6 before Dundee scored and then they had some decent attacks, although never really bothered Clark.

Had no idea what Dundee's tactics were in the game and looked like the players didn't either. Just seems over the 2 recent games to be a bit meh from Dundee, despite have some really talented players. Can see why a lot of Dundee fans clearly didn't bother with this game. 

22 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

It has been happening for a few years - both Dundee and Ross County play in their home gear when they come to McDiarmid. 

2 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

It has been happening for a few years - both Dundee and Ross County play in their home gear when they come to McDiarmid. 

Honestly, today was the first time I've really noticed it. A bit surprised that Dundee are allowed to have a blue away jersey.

Chuffed for Liam Craig, easy victory for his record appearance game. Thought for a while he might even make it through without the obligatory card but he managed to sneak one in towards the end. 

Surely nobody is in any doubt now. McPake lucked out last season because the team started playing in the last 8 games or so. He was fucking rubbish in the Championship and should have been binned halfway through the season. How he thinks he has assembled a squad that can achieve 10th place in the top league is beyond me. We look like we've got Gretna's point total in our sights at the moment. I've no idea who we get in to replace him but literally nobody could do a worse job. Either we sack him now or we are down without even a whimper. Fucking embarrassing.

Having started well worried it might be another home game dominating but not scoring so it was really pleasing to see us break down a side with two really good moves. The first with Rooney stepping out a launching a quick attack and the second from patience built up and May showing what he can bring away from goal scoring. Maybe the personnel was suited to weaker opposition - I'm not sure we can get away with that back line line up against better teams - but all the defenders contibuted towards the control of the game with their ability on the ball. MoH added a real threat in that position but had to feel for the Dundee wingback who seemed to be left one-on-one an awful lot with him. Perplexed as to why Anderson didn't start for Dundee; might have stopped them gifting possession so often. Agree about the McMullen comments, don't really see the hype. Fair play to the Dundee fans that stayed to the end of that.

Couldn't have a better game going into the break - comfortable three points. Even when Dundee had some pressure after they got the goal the chances were there to put a more fair reflection on the score. Got game time into McPherson and Dendoncker and Davidson, Gordon, Bryson and McCart to come back.

Couple of other highlights too - firstly, and most obviously, the guy kissing the steward. And secondly, the moment where I finally gave up ever seeing a foul thrown given again when Dendoncker executed what appeared to be a netball pass to restart the game.

Really pleased for May, he's made a great impact in the last few weeks when it looked like 'the system' might freeze him out.

His intelligence and touch around the box is quality. Some fucking boay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Really pleased for May, he's made a great impact in the last few weeks when it looked like 'the system' might freeze him out.

His intelligence and touch around the box is quality. Some fucking boay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Something has changed in him and it might be as simple as the goal vs Aberdeen, but I think it was evident before that.

He just seems more comfortable, but at the same time more hungry. Less farting about drifting all over the place and just a bit more direct. Deffinately helped him today playing in a partnership. 

I think we might see the 2 up front more this season vs the lesser teams

There’s a hunger May hasn’t had in some time. I hoped the Aberdeen goal would rekindle his scoring ability. I hope he just keeps it going now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You're right. Weird decision to let the game go ahead with the 2 home strips. Your away shirt might actually be closer to the Saints home blue though.

It’s even weirder when you consider that when Aberdeen played Hearts in August at Tynecastle, we were told that we couldn’t wear either our main red strip or our change dark blue strip against Hearts maroon.