Tractor Shaggers vs. Deelightful Dees, Saturday October 2nd.

Here’s a stat for the DiDees - goal virgin Chris Kane has only scored more than one goal in a game against two different sides in his Saints career. One is Albion Rovers in the cup, the other is Dundee (twice [two times]).
He's only scored one in this game.

The second was an own goal by Fontaine

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Just now, Spikethedee said:

Can’t believe our tactic of hitting high balls to Cummings, McMullan or McGowan isn’t working tbh…

100% this. 

He is completely clueless. 

Our defence is too laid back, our midfield sit too deep and Cummings has zero support.

McPake bring found out big time.

He got lucky at the end of last season because Charlie Adam was on fire.

He doesn't know how to change a game, persists with this slow tedious build up and doesn't play to the skills and strengths of the players.

Tippa tappa shite at the back then lumping it forward to 2 shortarses and Cummings is never going to win anything.

7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

McPake rightly gets hounded but as the games go by these players just arent up to playing at this level week on week. Leak goals, cant score. 

5 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Yep. Seen this coming as soon as he said he'd be loyal to the players that got us here. Was clear in the first game of the season this wouldn't be enough.

I know the Dundee-StMirren thread turned into a shitfest but it was mentioned at the time. Most of they guys failed the last time they were in this division. You's trounced a piss poor Killie team over 2 games but to do it over 38 games and keep that intensity up to make up for the lack of ability is really tough. Especially without Adam. Confidence will be shot to bits soon if you's dont pick up a result.

We need Anderson and McCowan on with McMullan pushed out to the other wing. Take out one of the defensive centre mids. McGhee has been non existent this game.
I've repeatedly said that playing both Byrne and McGhee is a waste of time - makes us too defensive and less creative.

I think Boredom got it right the other week when he said that Saints can leave Byrne in 30 yards of open space because they know he'll do f**k all with it.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You's trounced a piss poor Killie team over 2 games but to do it over 38 games and keep that intensity up to make up for the lack of ability is really tough.

This is pretty much it. I think McPake has been naive in letting the playoff performances cloud his judgement of the team. I get that spirits were high and he wanted to lean on that, but things like not signing a better RB despite both proving themselves untrustworthy in the division below is incompetent, not naive. 

He generally has us improve in the second half of seasons to date but they've all been in the championship when we've generally had the largest budget. His signing of Griffiths as a big name plaster over the cracks à la Charlie Adam suggests he doesn't have much clue.

Eta: and on that note.... 3-0.

Edited by RawB93