Tractor Shaggers vs. Deelightful Dees, Saturday October 2nd.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Is that a better option for parking, getting out at full time?

Thank you.

There's still a bit of a jam, but it's much preferable to the official car park in my experience.

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This. Pop into Tesco and grab a few light refreshments then lubricate your vocal chords in the lane up the side on the way. Obviously not if you're the driver. 

Can you get anything other than mead?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What seems like our first choice back three will probably all be out for this. Brown/Gordon injured, and McCart suspended.

Some effort if we can win this game despite all that.

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Crippled by injuries. The Dees have to get goals in this one.

The excuses are flying in already😄

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What seems like our first choice back three will probably all be out for this. Brown/Gordon injured, and McCart suspended.

Potentially missing Davidson, MacPherson and Bryson on top of that too.

Some effort if we can win this game despite all that.

I'd say Ambrose was a 1st choice CB now.

Brown apparently out for 10 days, so pretty much certain to be out. The Gordon thing is shrouded in mystery, as is Bryson.

Got to think there's a fighting chance that one or both of Muzz or MacPherson making an appearance. 

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'd say Ambrose was a 1st choice CB now.

Brown apparently out for 10 days, so pretty much certain to be out. The Gordon thing is shrouded in mystery, as is Bryson.

Got to think there's a fighting chance that one or both of Muzz or MacPherson making an appearance. 

Gordon another 2/3 weeks I think, Bryson to train this week but unlikely to play, MacPherson already back training. Suspect Crawford will move out and MacPherson in for this. 

Ambrose I dunno, hes done well but Gordon in there is better for the "unit". I'm unconvinced about Ambrose playing as the RCB, but sure thats the plan once everyone is fit.

Not sure what happens in defence. Back 3 probably doesn't work without a left footer, so Booth as LCB seems likely. Devine at LWB.

Will Dundee keep their back 3/5 for this like they played yesterday?

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

The excuses are flying in already😄

No excuse. But surely Dundee have a great chance now. 

Gordon 

McCart 

Brown 

Bryson 

Davidson 

McPherson

All out.

Means that it's likely to be Ambrose and two 19 year olds at the back. A back three that's only trained together.

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

No excuse. But surely Dundee have a great chance now. 

Gordon 

McCart 

Brown 

Bryson 

Davidson 

McPherson

All out.

Means that it's likely to be Ambrose and two 19 year olds at the back. A back three that's only trained together.

Only 2 of those players you listed played the game at Dens and 1 of those 2 went off injured in the first half. So really only McCart missing from the team that came out for the second half at Dens which you won 2-0 last week.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Will Dundee keep their back 3/5 for this like they played yesterday?

Unsure. The issue with a back 5 for us means that one of Griffiths, Cummings and McMullan needs left out. If Griffiths is injured he might stick with it and go McMullan and Cummings up top.

I think we’ll go back to a back 4.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Only 2 of those players you listed played the game at Dens and 1 of those 2 went off injured in the first half. So really only McCart missing from the team that came out for the second half at Dens which you won 2-0 last week.

It's piling up now though. In crucial areas. Particularly the defence and that's the whole point. 

We were missing Gordon, Bryson, McPherson, Davidson and Brown went off. So defence is a massive problem now. It'll likely be Ambrose, Muller and Dendoncker. Two of them with very, very little experience. 

It'll be hugely different to the cup game.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Unsure. The issue with a back 5 for us means that one of Griffiths, Cummings and McMullan needs left out. If Griffiths is injured he might stick with it and go McMullan and Cummings up top.

I think we’ll go back to a back 4.

I'm expecting you to start Sofien Sheridan and him to scab a winner with a header he barely touches, but I expected that at the Cup game too tbh.

Midfield area will be key. Felt like we were outnumbered there during the week due to personnel so need to resolve that, especially if Adam plays.

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Shouldn't be under estimated how big a blow it is losing McCart. Only one remaining from our back 3 last season and all our play seems to go through him. Whoever we replace him with is going to be a hefty downgrade.

Options as I see it are Dendoncker, with 0 senior games, or Booth, who has played there before for us but is a lot weaker defensively and isn't a CB, we've nobody else.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm expecting you to start Sofien Sheridan and him to scab a winner with a header he barely touches, but I expected that at the Cup game too tbh.

Midfield area will be key. Felt like we were outnumbered there during the week due to personnel so need to resolve that, especially if Adam plays.

Sheridan won’t play and will only come on if we are losing with 15 minutes to go so you really should be wanting him to come on.

Don’t think Adam will play, have a feeling McPake is waiting until after the international break. We could afford to have him out for this game but we can’t afford for him to come back early and be out for another 6 weeks.

Bizarre to think that if we win this we will be level on points and for that reason I can’t see anything other than a home win.