Any Scores Today? 25/09

37 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

To you, imo its above the Killie pie cup and the demolition derby. Junior Final may have a big attendance. perhaps more than both those cup finals combined... also may have much more marketing value in being televised.

No not to me, to the new set up etc. Look im not an abolitionist, I want clubs to do what makes them happy and means most to their fans, I just dont agree that the junior cup should get linesmen unless the league and other cup games that day have first shout. 

35 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It maybe 3rd or 4th in terms of precedence, but among the paying public, for non-licenced clubs it will be the number one cup competition. You will see that reflected in the crowds when it gets to the later stages.

Thats absolutely great, I hope its a cracking day out for folks and the final at the end of the season is a sell out in great weather etc etc, genuinely wish it all the success in the world. Any competition that has our competitors playing extra matches is a win in my book. 

31 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

And the Junior cup is one of the best looking cups in European football. 

Im more into the Bundesliga trophy. 

19 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I don't have a rule book to hand and don't know if there was an allocation problem but can think of a few games were things have kicked off with lines people present. I know some clubs who offer to pay or go halfs on the Linos so who knows what the situation has been? From what I've watched I've seen heehaw to suggest the Vics crowd got involved, unless the dug was the Vics support LOL. Not sure if there is some benefit in suggesting Vic supporters were on the pitch but the only conclusive supporter you can see in the videos as being one side or the other on the pitch is a big lad with a pollok scarf on?  

I heard that linesmen for the junior cup in terms of sfa appointed ones were only getting £20, which caused a few ive heard of to knock it back. I dont necessarily think that ‘it wouldnt have happened with linesment’ the lok players went bush after they wrongly got our player sent off at Holm Park too and there were linesmen, some clubs just are more susceptible to it and the presence of extra officials wont change that. Genuine LOL at the dug comment. Ive no real interest in whos to blame for Saturday I just hope it gets replayed and ends in a draw so theres another replay for Pollock to play. Ive not said anything about Vics fans being on the park? I didnt study it in any great detail, all looked a bit handbags from that angle. 

Your perfectly entitled to your opinion bud, I don't take it as abolition but it is a bit hard line reformist. I mind getting a lot of down votes brining up the limited fan input into the sweeping changes. Things have changed but supporters haven't.

I think there were some clubs who wanted to move to the WOSL and wholly commit and some who wanted to stay junior and some who wanted a bit of both. Im absolutely (and no surprises) in the first camp, but just think that some clubs would have been better staying where they were at least until things settled down in terms of structure etc with the reforms, absolutely no point going over and over it now though because its done. But what I do feel is the clubs who more or less want a free break are getting pressure to accept a cup from an association that they dont want to be part of and are not members of. Theres absolutely no need to have an SJFA office at Hampden etc anymore and im sure the SFA could administer an ‘all in’ non league cup. 

We've plenty of new folk which is amazing but it's going to take a while for the Killie pie and demolition to not resemble the old sectional and league cups to the majority of us. It is also support base influenced in that I'm pretty confident if you did a survey about importance to them at present, League, Junior Scottish, Run in the big Scottish, then other cups would be the order of return. 

Dont necessarily agree that theres a comparison between the KPC and the sectional, its sponsored, its a new trophy and im delighted to be part of it, I dont think the denigration its received is that fair given John sticking his hand in his pockets when its not really even going to benefit him (or Darvel). When for ages the WRSJFA struggled to attract sponsors. 

Clubs I've spoke too can't understand why clubs have chosen to bin it this year, with a lot of talk and anticipation surrounding the final. Other clubs do have a view similar to your own and worry about fixture congestion which is fair enough.

I almost get where you’re coming from but again I just see it as a clean break and a move to the next thing/development, with nothing but best wishes for those who want to remain in it. 

A very few however wish to continue to empty grave dance and continue in their campaign to 'diddify' everything junior or they don't see as ambitious. If anything that will have the opposite effect and may find more clubs wishing to enter next years after they see this years final. My suggestion would be to allow it to extend beyond junior membership or have junior license that clubs could use to enter the tournament season by season.

Would be something unique and could grow it considerably if you have some higher up the leagues looking for a tournament that has a big day out if you progress to the final. (and a big great looking cup)

Its not a ‘diddy cup’ its a prestigious trophy with a decent history and thats absolutely great, but it should either become a non league trophy administered by the SFA and renamed or simply retained by the SJFA members for their clubs. But whatever happens with it, I hope the fans who want to see their club in it have a great time watching them! Just agreeing to disagree in terms of differences so long as my team isnt impacted adversely (and tbh It doesnt look terribly like it will just now). 

3 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

What is farcical is that this tournament allows club lines people rather than official assistants.A lot of what happened yesterday could have been controlled had there been assistants rather than committee blokes running the line

Well if it's farcical then it's been farcical for a while - when was the last time all Junior Cup games in the last 64 had neutral assistants?

And of course if clubs and players are behaving like this, it's hardly going to help with a referee shortage where you are looking to encourage new refs to join or current refs to continue.

3 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Seems a bit of farce that's theres no linesman in a SJC game

Where are you proposing to get an extra 40+ assistant referees from to cover the 20 SJC games that only had a ref? There's not enough each weekend to assign assistants outside of the SPFL, HL/LL, EOS/WOS Premier and a few other tier 6 games - Saturday was no different.

Normally in the west you have 10 WOS Premier games with assistants, it's just that this weekend they were assigned differently:

• Cumnock in the Scottish Cup
  • 3 WOS Premier
  • 5 Junior Cup - involving Largs, Auchinleck, Irvine Meadow, Kilysth, Rossvale
  • Kilwinning v St Cadoc's in the Strathclyde Cup
1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

I don't have a rule book to hand and don't know if there was an allocation problem but can think of a few games were things have kicked off with lines people present. I know some clubs who offer to pay or go halfs on the Linos so who knows what the situation has been? 

We've plenty of new folk which is amazing but it's going to take a while for the Killie pie and demolition to not resemble the old sectional and league cups to the majority of us. It is also support base influenced in that I'm pretty confident if you did a survey about importance to them at present, League, Junior Scottish, Run in the big Scottish, then other cups would be the order of return. 

Clubs I've spoke too can't understand why clubs have chosen to bin it this year, with a lot of talk and anticipation surrounding the final. Other clubs do have a view similar to your own and worry about fixture congestion which is fair enough. A very few however wish to continue to empty grave dance and continue in their campaign to 'diddify' everything junior or they don't see as ambitious. If anything that will have the opposite effect and may find more clubs wishing to enter next years after they see this years final. My suggest would be to allow it to extend beyond junior membership or have junior license that clubs could use to enter the tournament season by season.

Would be something unique and could grow it considerably if you have some higher up the leagues looking for a tournament that has a big day out if you progress. 

See above for details on the assistants (or lack thereof).

The Killie Pie Cup is literally a league cup so I don't think anyone has a problem with it resembling the old league/WOS cup! :)

Which clubs do you think would enter the Junior Cup after seeing this year's final? Presumably you are thinking of clubs which have a chance of winning the competition as a tier 7/8/9 ex-Junior club in the EOS is unlikely to think "oh yes let's have some of that" next season. 

The SJFA changed the rules this season to allow clubs in tier 6 and below access to the Junior Cup even if they are not members. Suppose we'll have to wait and see if any non-members decide to join next season...

30 minutes ago, Yogi said:

That’s a big about turn your lot asked to join the juniors you had no park nothing but they let yous in more the fool them toxic fans some not all

Nearly all ur posts r anti clydebank. F**king brilliant get it up ye ya plamf

Mon the papers

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Naming him was wrong, though wouldn’t have taken a year course at Jackton to figure it out from social media. 

As I posted earlier his and a few other posters views don’t reflect the clubs views but when you’ve several years of the same anti-junior hounding, day after day, it’s easy to think that’s the culture. Appears like junior footballs evolved but these guys just want to ruin whatever is left for everyone else.

My point is that’s not the views or the folk I know at Clydebank, that’s not Moff or Gary or any of the officials or players I’ve spent time with who spent years not only promoting the game but working for its betterment. 

This is a fans forum and its nothing serious tbh if it was then am sure the clydebank board would have a word with bankiesalive if they thought he was in the wrong or posts something bad that reflects on the club. Its 1 mans opinion and i dont know wit else he posts on social media if its not on here as i dont do facebook or tic tok or instagram etc.... my advice if u dont like the guy just block him and his posts 

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The SJFA changed the rules this season to allow clubs in tier 6 and below access to the Junior Cup even if they are not members. Suppose we'll have to wait and see if any non-members decide to join next season...

Aw that’s good to know! With a bit of targeted advertising over the cup, extended entry and show casing the glamour in the semi final/final could no doubt attract some more clubs. 

Just now, passbackdave said:

This is a fans forum and its nothing serious tbh if it was then am sure the clydebank board would have a word with bankiesalive if they thought he was in the wrong or posts something bad that reflects on the club. Its 1 mans opinion and i dont know wit else he posts on social media if its not on here as i dont do facebook or tic tok or instagram etc.... my advice if u dont like the guy just block him and his posts 

Mon the papers

We can all agree and disagree and think we’re a pretty forgiving bunch! Unless you did a job elsewhere lol.. but aye he and few others need to move on from the triumphant constant diddy and deed stuff, plenty more positive things to focus on.

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

We can all agree and disagree and think we’re a pretty forgiving bunch! Unless you did a job elsewhere lol.. but aye he and few others need to move on from the triumphant constant diddy and deed stuff, plenty more positive things to focus on.

Have u done a job at another club? I didnt know that. Someone shouldve said on here haha

Mon the papers