Faroe Islands v Scotland

Hanley back in, hendry moved to rhs of the back 3 i'd assume. As much as Clarke has tried to shoehorn Mctominay in there it doesn't work for me.

Only other change that I can see is Patterson out for O'donnell. Felt SOD was unlucky not to play against israel after his performance against Austria.

Patterson had a nightmare first half against Israel and had a hand in their first goal. Second half was much better though and you can see he'll be class in the future.

Could we play Mcginn as the second striker/ number 10? Allowing all of mcgregor, gilmour mctominay and mcginn in the midfield?

Seems nuts to leave any of them out even if it is the faroes. I'd rather go all out and make sure of the points.

Alternative is christie comes in as second striker and either mcgregor or mctominay drops out. Which i can't decide.

Crazy to be talking about a scotland squad with actual depth. 

18 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

My point is should we be using the suspension system to our favour I agree it's a joke that two yellows mean a ban, but that being the case do we use it to our advantage 

ie play O'Donell in one of the next two  and Patterson in the other 

Should Adams not have shouted a bit of abuse at the ref as he got taken off on Saturday

25 minutes ago, ropy said:

Should Adams not have shouted a bit of abuse at the ref as he got taken off on Saturday

I like your thinking.  Was it David Beckham years ago that deliberately got himself a booking by jumping into a player so he'd be suspended for a game against some diddy team?

I can't stand Crocker on Scotland games, everyone has their doom monger mate where every opposition corner / free kick is "bet you they score here"  and every bad break it defensive error is "typical <team>, always doing it the hard way". Crocker is just that for 90 minutes. I had to mute both the Israel and Serbia playoffs as it was so bad. 

Mccoist does at least balance it out compared to Provan who was just more of the same with added moaning. 

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I like your thinking.  Was it David Beckham years ago that deliberately got himself a booking by jumping into a player so he'd be suspended for a game against some diddy team?

Aye, but I think he then went into the press conference and talked about it, saying that people probably thought he was too thick to work something out so clever.  Think he was then promptly banned.

36 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I can't stand Crocker on Scotland games, everyone has their doom monger mate where every opposition corner / free kick is "bet you they score here"  and every bad break it defensive error is "typical <team>, always doing it the hard way". Crocker is just that for 90 minutes. I had to mute both the Israel and Serbia playoffs as it was so bad. 

Mccoist does at least balance it out compared to Provan who was just more of the same with added moaning. 

THIS IS BIG, THIS IS HUGE, THIS IS uh MASSIVE. 👀🤭 terrible lol

I'd have Nisbet playing off Dykes so he gets a solid 90 mins of international football under his belt. At some point he'll be the best available option and needs the experience. 

If Gilmour is out then it's an easy choice to slot McTominay in there. Otherwise leave the midfield as it is to start and rotate guys off 60mins in. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd have Nisbet playing off Dykes so he gets a solid 90 mins of international football under his belt. At some point he'll be the best available option and needs the experience. 

If Gilmour is out then it's an easy choice to slot McTominay in there. Otherwise leave the midfield as it is to start and rotate guys off 60mins in. 

What makes you say that? Dykes is only 2 years older. Adams is only 1 year older. By the time Dykes and Adams are spent, surely some more striking options will have come along. 

I do rate Nisbet though, and would be more than happy if he surpassed the other 2, but this dearth of striking options wont last another 5-7 years. 

5 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

What makes you say that? Dykes is only 2 years older. Adams is only 1 year older. By the time Dykes and Adams are spent, surely some more striking options will have come along. 

I do rate Nisbet though, and would be more than happy if he surpassed the other 2, but this dearth of striking options wont last another 5-7 years. 

Well injuries and suspensions are the glaringly obvious reason my man. I didn't mean he would be our sole option in the future but it's almost guaranteed he'll be on his own at one point. 

Nisbet got a lot of flack in the Moldova game, where he was absolutely fine. Apart from dodgy anticipation of a through ball, he done his job. He was key to setting up the goal. But that's just typical Scotland fans though. Because he doesn't score a hattrick against a bottom seed he is obviously shite. 

I'd play him and Dykes tbh although I think Clarke will go for Dykes and Christie. If Gilmour is injured, then McTominay takes his spot with Tierney-Hanley-Hendry in defence. More than enough talent in there to see off the Faroes.

Edited by DAFC.

9 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

Who have the u - 21 s got to offer ?

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Well injuries and suspensions are the glaringly obvious reason my man. I didn't mean he would be our sole option in the future but it's almost guaranteed he'll be on his own at one point. 

I think we should go with Dykes and Christie, but I would also like Nisbet to get some time against the Faroes.

Sometimes forget that injuries to Adams  and Dykes means we’re probably looking at Oli McBurnie or Matt fucking Philips getting called up again. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nisbet got a lot of flack in the Andorra game, where he was absolutely fine. Apart from dodgy anticipation of a through ball, he done his job. He was key to setting up the goal. But that's just typical Scotland fans though. Because he doesn't score a hattrick against a bottom seed he is obviously shite. 

I'd play him and Dykes tbh although I think Clarke will go for Dykes and Christie. If Gilmour is injured, then McTominay takes his spot with Tierney-Hanley-Hendry in defence. More than enough talent in there to see off the Faroes.

What Andorra game? 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think we should go with Dykes and Christie, but I would also like Nisbet to get some time against the Faroes.

Sometimes forget that injuries to Adams  and Dykes means we’re probably looking at Oli McBurnie or Matt fucking Philips getting called up again. 

What about the Loch Ness Drogba? 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Crocker is a dreadful commentator. I long for the days when Sky used Bill Leslie for our games. BL and McCoist on co-comms is the dream.